Is Dak still best QB in division?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Now that Wash has brought back Wentz into our division I suppose there could be some that could argue Dak isn’t still the best QB.

Having the best QB in our division definitely helps propel us as favorites in the division again despite other question marks on our roster .
The first half of the season Dak
Or
The second half of the season?
The first half Dak was as good as any
QB in the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to say. It's insignificant in our division. The better team will win.
So, if you have an Elite QB can they propel you victory . Average to above average QB’s can’t propel you to win. Only the team?

Flamma

Reaction score
So, if you have an Elite QB can they propel you victory . Average to above average QB’s can’t propel you to win. Only the team?

It's definitely more impactful. And usually gets you the division if your the only one. But you can still lose games even in that scenario. It's not easy to overcome the better team. Our QB isn't going to be the difference maker in knocking off better teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's definitely more impactful. And usually gets you the division if your the only one. But you can still lose games even in that scenario. It's not easy to overcome the better team. Our QB isn't going to be the difference maker in knocking off better teams.
But we are discussing teams in our division. Dak isn’t going to help us beat them ?

Flamma

Reaction score
But we are discussing teams in our division. Dak isn’t going to help us beat them ?

It helps, just not enough to beat a team clearly better than us. Dak has probably been the best QB in the division since he got here. But that didn't help us in 2017 and 2019.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until proven otherwise he is the best QB in the East. What remains to be seen is which coaching staff is the best at utilizing their QB.

We know the Eagles and Giants will try and run the ball to protect their QB. Can they do that enough to keep from putting the game on him? Can they keep the score down to keep the pressure to make plays off the QB?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It helps, just not enough to beat a team clearly better than us. Dak has probably been the best QB in the division since he got here. But that didn't help us in 2017 and 2019.
Right. Did we have the best team those years?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Good point . Why do you think Wash picked him up?

Because they are grasping at straws while their franchise falls apart.

They have lost their name and their very identity and their owner is almost as perverted and crooked as ours.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Some will suggest it's Wentz, simply on the premise that he'll overcome his INT bugaboos -- I, myself, have doubts! :omg:Yes, I do! :eek:

BermyStar

Reaction score
The fact that Wentz is back in our division is the very reason "Wentz is better than Dak" isn't an argument.

Jipper

Reaction score
I think we could argue that Wentz potentially upgrades Wash. Now whether I’d rank him ahead of Hurts. It’s marginal at best. Wentz for most of last year with Indy looked like one of his better seasons .

And before the Colts collapsed in season finale would have been a playoff team and most likely Wentz would still be there. I look for Wentz to make Wash more competitive . We shall see.

yeah...i felt bad for him last year, was actually happy he was getting a fresh start and thought he would end up doing great...too bad.

You know, the funny thing is were all saying ny is going to be the bottom...just watch with as crazy as the NFCE is that they end up winning it.