Is Dak still best QB in division?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Some will suggest it's Wentz, simply on the premise that he'll overcome his INT bugaboos -- I, myself, have doubts! :omg:Yes, I do! :eek:
I don't believe Wentz is the best QB in the division at all, but what INT problems?

Wentz had 27 TDs and 7 INTs last season.

4 of Wentz's 6 season he's had 7 INTS or less.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
It's an interesting question. Wentz at this point makes more mistakes than Dak, but he's also capable of making big plays including under pressure. Dak can be counted on to produce yards and TD's and keep picks to a minimum, but the downside is he plays very conservatively, especially when there is pressure. Consequently he doesn't make plays when you really need your QB to do so. It will be an interesting year at least.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's an interesting question. Wentz at this point makes more mistakes than Dak, but he's also capable of making big plays including under pressure. Dak can be counted on to produce yards and TD's and keep picks to a minimum, but the downside is he plays very conservatively, especially when there is pressure. Consequently he doesn't make plays when you really need your QB to do so. It will be an interesting year at least.
How so?

Wentz had 7 INTs and 8 fumbles last season.

Dak had 10 INTs and lead the NFL with 14 fumbles.

I don't believe there's a huge gap between Dak and Wentz like some do, but I don't believe I'd take Wentz over him at this point. I think Wentz is a little more damaged goods than Dak at this point.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wentz is better at injuring both of his ankles at the same time. That's what he's good at.

Proof

Reaction score
The only person that thinks Wentz is better then Dak is Cowturd. Even the Wince lovers on the board who wanted to trade a first round pick to the Eagles for him don’t support him any longer.That Jacksonville loss left a big turd in the toilet.

him orlovsky and risen

Proof

Reaction score
In the division...absolutely

Hurts is not the answer. Eagles would we better off with Minshew imo.

Danny Dimes will probably be gone after this year. To be fair we never really got to see what he could do. Giants had argurably one of the worst OL in front of him his entire career and dude spent entire games running for his life.

Wentz...Eagles left him mentally messed up. Poor teammate per ex teammates. Unless he does a complete 180 mentally and returns to his first couple years self he may as well be a back up quarterback the rest of his career

he's honestly who i'm most curious about this year. new oc, new hc, vastly improved line, saquon healthy and reportedly lining up all over, along with toney, robinson and galloday. Giants could be a surprisingly scary offense

Flamma

Reaction score
Those are tough to be measured . It becomes more of a subjective analysis or opinion than any certainty.

Just ask yourself this, who were the teams that won their division on a regular basis? Who were the QBs on those teams? Was it Tannehill? Garoppolo? No, maybe cousins? No, they win when they have a better team around then than their opponents.

Reactions: G2

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just ask yourself this, who were the teams that won their division on a regular basis? Who were the QBs on those teams? Was it Tannehill? Garoppolo? No, maybe cousins? No, they win when they have a better team around then than their opponents.
I’d agree. Which would support Wash had a better team in 2019.

Creeper

Reaction score
Wentz is an enigma to me. There are times when he looks spectacular. He makes throws and plays that seem impossible. He can single handedly take his team to within an eyelash of victory. Then, he just implodes. He will make the dumbest plays you can imagine and throw a sure win away. If Washington has a weakness on offense t has to be their OL. They lost their best OG too. Wentz under pressure will being out the best of him and the worst of him.

I like the guy but sometimes he does the weirdest things on the field.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Now that Wash has brought back Wentz into our division I suppose there could be some that could argue Dak isn’t still the best QB.

Having the best QB in our division definitely helps propel us as favorites in the division again despite other question marks on our roster .
Who is saying that? I think it's just you!

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Now that Wash has brought back Wentz into our division I suppose there could be some that could argue Dak isn’t still the best QB.

Having the best QB in our division definitely helps propel us as favorites in the division again despite other question marks on our roster .

Wait, what? Wentz is not better than Dak...what is he on, his 3rd team? LMAO

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Perfectly fair and I think there is also a growing worry that hurts might develop and perform better...if I had go rank order I'd go dak, hurts, jones Wentz but don't really think there is much separation after dak.
I think Alabama's coach replaced him for a reason. Not sure why but I believe the Eagles will do the same after this year. Only my belief/opinion. I just don't think he is that good at the NFL level.