Is Dak the Future of the Dallas Cowboys?

Is Dak the future at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rpntex

Reaction score
Dak Is no different than any other QBS not named Brady or Rogers - he needs an adequate supporting cast to be successful. At this stage of his career, he can’t carry a team on his own. Will he eventually improve to that level? Time will tell. BUT, he has proven that he can be an outstanding QB as long as he doesn’t have to do it all by himself.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Dak is going into his third year as a pro QB, he dealt with a lot of variables in 2017 and did not complain SMFH.

starcity214

Reaction score
Down 3 scores halfway through the 2nd Quarter, Dak leads the team to a 31 all tie with 34 seconds left in the game. Too bad the Defense sucked all game and couldn't help pull out a win. In Dak's first and only playoff game, as a rookie and against an ex-SB MVP Aaron Rodgers led Packers team, Dak threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs. Easily could and should have been over 400 yards and at least 4 and possibly even 5 TDs if it wasn't for the crooked officials. But to some, Dak sucks.

Can you name the starters for the Packers defense in that game?

Green Bay trotter out a practice squad defense in thwt game and they were put out of their misery the next game against a real QB...

I mean, it's like if I was to beat up on a little kid , would that make me a good fighter? Of course not.

Green Bay had practice squad players starting that game because of injuries. Green Bay should have been blown out..

starcity214

Reaction score
if he won't be successful here, he will be for another team when he's not shackled by Jason Garrett and the most predictable offense on Earth

Not likely. Every year there are younger "more talented" guys coming into the league so it's unlikely he'll get an outright starting gig with another team. I mean , look at RG3 and Nick foles. if he doesn't make it here, he'll be another Teddy Bridgewater or Case Keenum.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Apologies I voted incorrectly, I assumed it was if he was the future regardless if I was Pro or Anti. I think he is the future.

Would be interesting to see a vote like this for Garrett.
We did one, literally 95% are anti-Garrett. And I believe around 800 voted.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Can you name the starters for the Packers defense in that game?

Green Bay trotter out a practice squad defense in thwt game and they were put out of their misery the next game against a real QB...

I mean, it's like if I was to beat up on a little kid , would that make me a good fighter? Of course not.

Green Bay had practice squad players starting that game because of injuries. Green Bay should have been blown out..
31 points is not good enough for you? Plus, at least 2 more potential TD drives were killed intentionally by them crooked officials. I bet you were happy and cheering for them officials, weren't you???

waving monkey

Reaction score
https://www.quora.com/How-can-a-quarterback-improve-throwing-accuracy-Specifically

Can a QB improve his accuracy ?

Jay Stark, Two years working for an NFL team & 20 years working for the league.
Answered Feb 22, 2016

The best/easiest/cheapest way is the old fashion way. Hang an automobile tire from a tree, and throw through the tire. As you attain 90%-95% accuracy, step back another 5yds and continue. Oh, yea, and the tire needs to be swinging. It doesn't need to be swinging half way across the yard, but it should be a steady motion. You can have it swing side-to-side, and then swing to and fro. That will simulate the different pass patterns of receivers.

Do this til your arm will no longer obey your wishes, then start again the next day.

LittleD

Reaction score
Jury is still out but you know what he’ll never do and what he can’t do?

Proof is in the pudding. I've looked at his college career games and two years of the Pro's. Can he improve, yes. Remember, he
is still a 4th round draft pick QB and how many of those make it to Championship games. He's not Romo but, maybe in the right offense
he can be productive. We'll see! Jerry thought QC was the next great QB too.

Hadenough

Reaction score
HE, O-line stunk it up all last season. The receivers sucked since they couldn't get much of any separation mostly because they don't run clean cuts and better routes. Beasley and Witten were constantly doubled. Dez is terrible at running routes, plus he has slowed down with age. There was no serious deep threat to worry about, and Zeke was suspended for 6 games. Tyron Smith missed time and was always playing injured because of his ailing lower back once again (which he stubbornly refuses to have surgery on to fix it), Leary and Free left which caused two big holes at Left Guard and Right Tackle. Frederick and Martin struggled and got beat 1/3rd of the time during September and October until they finally got their legs and in better shape. The whole Oline stunk last year. It was so obvious. Don't care about the Pro Bowl votes. That's based on popularity. So many things went wrong which caused Dak and the Offense to fail. After Dak getting sacked 8 times at Atlanta (thanks to Chaz Green and his backup at Left Tackle), Dak was shell shocked, constantly on his heels and never fully trusted his backside blocking. He never fully recovered. Can't blame him. Romo or Aikman would not have lasted the whole season with the type of hits Dak took. Good thing Dak is built like a linebacker, but dagnamit, everyone contributed to Dak and the Offense's failures, including Linehan and Garrett.
Your right about Dak being shell shocked! I wonder if he didnt suffer some mild concussion that nobody noticed because he did slam his head on the ground inthat game. But my worries about him started in 2016 against two good defenses the offense was stale. Everyone was healthy last year in the Broncos game too. Dez has been an issue in my book for a long time. I dont understand how he could be here this long and not get better at route running. Either he is lazy and doesnt want to work hard or the coaches are not forcing the issue or he is just plain dumb! Were going to find out a lot about young Dak this upcoming season because the Cowboys have a tough schedule and defenses are going to stack the box and take away the short stuff and make Dak beat them with mid range passes and man to man coverage.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Here's some advice for you....Even stupid fans with half a brain unfortunately for you and Dak have Eye's.....Ouch that's gotta hurt.....
Don’t post drunk, you’ll regret it in the morning.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
https://www.quora.com/How-can-a-quarterback-improve-throwing-accuracy-Specifically

Can a QB improve his accuracy ?

Jay Stark, Two years working for an NFL team & 20 years working for the league.
Answered Feb 22, 2016

The best/easiest/cheapest way is the old fashion way. Hang an automobile tire from a tree, and throw through the tire. As you attain 90%-95% accuracy, step back another 5yds and continue. Oh, yea, and the tire needs to be swinging. It doesn't need to be swinging half way across the yard, but it should be a steady motion. You can have it swing side-to-side, and then swing to and fro. That will simulate the different pass patterns of receivers.

Do this til your arm will no longer obey your wishes, then start again the next day.
My arm hurt just thinking about that lol

Jumbo075

Reaction score
So, I wanna start by saying I’m not starting this to have yet another back and forth debate about Dak, it’d be just beating a dead horse at this point for both sides. In almost every thread Dak gets brought up and a debate starts, I just wanna see how many ppl are pro-Dak and anti-Dak.

I’m not adding a “maybe choice” or a “give it one more season” choice cause I think a lot of ppl would pick that just to be safe. I’m drawing a line in the sand, pick a side.

The Jones family, the Player Personnel Staff, and the Coaching Staff all believe Dak is the future for the Cowboys, so that makes it an obvious "Yes" answer. Whether or not that future is bright is debatable.

Something Stephen Jones recently said gives some insight into how the Cowboys are thinking, and is also borne out by how they are acting this offseason. Stephen said that Dak was "more like Aikman than Romo." I don't think he was decribing talent level, because he went on to describe what he meant. He said that Aikman was a "system QB", while Romo was better at improvisation.

Given that perspective, the Cowboys have gone about trying to find receivers that will work better with a "system" QB than with an "improvisational" QB. I don't think it's any accident that Dez Bryant's production has fallen off a cliff since Romo stopped being the staring QB after the 2014 season. By all reasonable measures, Bryant and Romo fit very well together. But the on-field chemistry between Dez and Dak is obviously lacking. Some want to knock Dez, as if he's lost ability. I simply don't think that is true. I do think that Dak and Dez struggle to find the same fit as Dez had with Romo. The same goes for Terrance Williams, who scored 13 TD's in his first two season with Romo, and only 7 TD's in the 3 seasons without Romo. Put Dez and Williams together with another improvisational QB, and I would bet they start posting stats just like they did when Romo was their QB.

So, the Cowboys are revamping their receiver corps to find receivers who will operate better with a system type QB. And Dez, to his credit, is going back to school to try to learn how to be a receiver that can mesh with the Dak skill set. This means less improvisation, and more rigidity in the offensive system. Dak is a much better quick slant QB than Romo ever was. Something that always baffled me about Romo was his seeming inability to use the quick slant the way that Aikman and Irvin perfected. Romo always seemed to throw behind the receiver on that route.

Dak still needs to improve. But the Cowboys seem to be making an attempt to readjust their personnel to accomodate Dak's skill set - something even Romo recently said is necessary for the Cowboys to move forward. Dak is not Romo, nor is he Aikman. It remains to be seen if he can lead the team to championships. It appears to me that the leadership of the team has decided to rebuild around Dak's skills. And that is why it is obvious to me he's the future of the Cowboys.

As I said at the beginning, we don't know if that future includes championships. You could say that Romo was more Staubach than Aikman, and that would be true. But unlike Staubach, Romo didn't deliver championships. Dak could be more like Aikman, and fail to deliver championships just like the "more like Staubach" Romo failed. We'll see.

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
1 out of 3 boys fans think Dak is a Dud! That's a pretty big % if your looking to ordain Dak our QB of the future....
Not really.......

1 out of 3 is 33 percent. That's a pretty small percentage in every math circle I know.

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe there are a great number of opinions on this subject. Some right and some wrong. I also believe no one knows. But someone will be right, and then tell us all about they knew.

For me, I am going to give him time to mature in this game. He has a work ethic like all the greats Dallas has had. A gym rat, and guy that thrives on getting better.

Can he? I have no clue. So all I'll do is sit and watch and hope for the best.

But you can bet that years from now, no matter which way it breaks, I'll claim I knew it all along.:thumbup:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
He is not the future in the sense that he will be here 10 years from now or something. That’s very rare, and Dak simply isn’t good enough at throwing a football to pull that off. But if he can play at an average level, he could be here for maybe five years. QBs are hard to replace... look at Andy Dalton.
Still, I think the odds are better that he is helping kick off the XFL next year than being a long term Cowboy.
Dak will lead us to our next Super Bowl.
There...
I said it.
Hit the hate button below.
:popcorn::thumbup:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I believe there are a great number of opinions on this subject. Some right and some wrong. I also believe no one knows. But someone will be right, and then tell us all about they knew.

For me, I am going to give him time to mature in this game. He has a work ethic like all the greats Dallas has had. A gym rat, and guy that thrives on getting better.

Can he? I have no clue. So all I'll do is sit and watch and hope for the best.

But you can bet that years from now, no matter which way it breaks, I'll claim I knew it all along.:thumbup:
Wow! A level headed patient fan...
Imagine that! :omg: