Video: Is Dak worth 30 Million? *MERGE*

csirl

Reaction score
I'm gonna grill some Pappy Hotdogs, when Dak signs his HUGE contract!!!

Dak signing a big contract doesnt make anyone arguing against it wrong. I think its accepted that Jerry could do anything. Dak would need to justify the contract i.e. be a consistent top 5 QB for several years, in order for them to be wrong. Big ask from any player.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
profoundly average, 5 300 yard games. lmao.

dak.jpg

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Bottom line is the Cowboys are going to pay him, so I hope it turns out to be the right decision. I just wish I was as confident in doing that as I would be for someone like Pat Mahomes, but I'm not.

What I won't do is root for failure just so I can pat myself on the back in front of a handful of strangers on a message board, which it appears some here are hoping to do. I'd rather see the Cowboys win.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what we will do, but I do know that our NFC East foes are really pulling for a big contract extension for Dak........its sort of in the same vain they celebrate Jerry.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
And he destroyed that Trent Dilfer argument by bringing up Dak has had 3 solid seasons of winning more games than losing while Dilfer was just a one year bus driver with the best defense in the league.

And Wiley, Whitlock and Merriman are terrible at their job. You are trying to defend them because you agree with them on one instance. Says more about you then them. They are just spewing out what someone probably wrote for them. What's your excuse?

LOL. You think his illogical argument destroyed the Dilfer argument?

I am not trying to defend anyone. I care zip about Wiley Whitlock or Merriman. I am not saying they are smart people with great arguments on everything (or much of anything). I just pointed out Avril's arguments were dumb, just as yours are.

I ask again. How are you still alive?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Who are you referring to? Most fans are wanted Dak, Zeke, and Amari to take team friendly deals. I doubt that happens.

Just look in this thread (and pretty much any Dak thread). People eager to celebrate him getting a huge deal. And one troll even openly admits he doesn't care about the team.

Here you go:

Yep. I hope Dak gets 50 million per year. All of you guys will run back to the shadows where you belong just like cockroaches.
I put my hatred for you and your ilk over my Cowboys fandom lol.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I didn't argue what was said in the video....man what is going on are you ok? I mean are you mentally ok? All I said was these guys were idiots. They were idiots before this video and idiots prior.

That doesn't make their arguments wrong. You have what rational people refer to as a logical fallacy on your hands.

You might want to look in the mirror and the things you say before you start calling others idiots.

superonyx

Reaction score
Pappy Hotdogs hmmmm tasty stuff.....hey guys I do not appear on that video and you might not like what these ex-players and reporters are saying concerning Dak and you feel the need to insult the Pappy but sometimes the truth hurts!
We give this QB of ours a huge contract we are R.I.P. for the next 3-5 years for reasons explained in the video!

Now keep them insults coming but it won't help Dak become a better QB.....or our Cowboys win our 6th Superbowl...
Ok. Let’s release Dak.
Who are you replacing him with and how much will this other QB cost.

Or is this more of the same...complaining and crying about what you perceive to be a problem yet no decent solutions?

superonyx

Reaction score
Here i will spell it out for you Dak is average
Ok so what’s your plan?
Do we cut him? Who is out there we can pick up cheap who is going to improve the Dallas Cowboys?
Are we tanking and trading away future #1s in hopes we can draft Tua?
The reality is QBs capable of winning at this level are extremely hard to come by. Look at how many teams like the Bucs, Bears, Niners, Skins, Cards, ect have been looking and looking and can’t ever find quality at this position.

So I’m asking that instead of complaining about something you propose a plan for upgrading ect.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL. You think his illogical argument destroyed the Dilfer argument?

I am not trying to defend anyone. I care zip about Wiley Whitlock or Merriman. I am not saying they are smart people with great arguments on everything (or much of anything). I just pointed out Avril's arguments were dumb, just as yours are.

I ask again. How are you still alive?

So you are shocked by someone being alive because their football opinion is different then yours? You must be on some special dope.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. Let’s release Dak.
Who are you replacing him with and how much will this other QB cost.

Or is this more of the same...complaining and crying about what you perceive to be a problem yet no decent solutions?

Do not under any circumstance give this young man a contract. He has one more chance to show us the money or else go all out and trade up in the draft to pick up a top QB prospect.
This team is good enough and young enough to give this new QB a chance to grow to franchise status.
Dak has regressed since his rookie year and its pretty evident he is a flash in the pan with many flaws and being carried by our talented team.
Now if you have any other questions let me know.

P.S. If your selling its Dak or Doom please sell crazy elsewhere.....

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Ok so what’s your plan?
Do we cut him? Who is out there we can pick up cheap who is going to improve the Dallas Cowboys?
Are we tanking and trading away future #1s in hopes we can draft Tua?
The reality is QBs capable of winning at this level are extremely hard to come by. Look at how many teams like the Bucs, Bears, Niners, Skins, Cards, ect have been looking and looking and can’t ever find quality at this position.

So I’m asking that instead of complaining about something you propose a plan for upgrading ect.

No need to cut him this year. He's cheap. You absolutely trade him, though. It should be easy to get some high draft picks if he is as good as so many claim.
No need to tank, we just got lots of high picks for Dak.
The reality is QBs don't win, and with a good team, it's not difficult to find an okay QB that the team can still win some games with (which is all Dak is). And you can certainly find similarly capable guys for way way way less than what is being talked about.

But you need a great team to win it all with a QB like Dak. I'd rather have a great QB and have more wiggle room with the team.

superonyx

Reaction score
Do not under any circumstance give this young man a contract. He has one more chance to show us the money or else go all out and trade up in the draft to pick up a top QB prospect.
This team is good enough and young enough to give this new QB a chance to grow to franchise status.
Dak has regressed since his rookie year and its pretty evident he is a flash in the pan with many flaws and being carried by our talented team.
Now if you have any other questions let me know.

P.S. If your selling its Dak or Doom please sell crazy elsewhere.....
Most likely we are drafting around 20-30 next year. Very good chance that the 2 teams that are in a position to draft the top 2 QB prospects are going to be drafting 1 and 2. If not then a top 5-10 team will be looking to move down to pick up the top 2 guys. We would have to sell out the next 3 years of drafts in order to even be taken seriously to move up and pick up a guy. Look at the last 10 years of QB's taken in the 1st round and tell me how likely it is to find a guy that is an improvement over Dak....The draft is always a gamble anyway. To add the increased weight of throwing your next 3 years of draft picks only makes this gamble worse. Then you have to weigh the other ramifications of doing this. Would this hypothetical QB ever be as good as Dak? How many Ryan Tannehils or Mariota's are first round picks before you land the Mahommes or Rodgers? 20-1? 10-1? How much better would this drafted QB be over Dak when you are giving up your next 3 years of quality picks?

You can spam the board with your anti dak hate but you and I know that it wont matters. We dont make the decisions. The only decision we make is deciding how much of this form of entertainment are we going to give up being angry over stuff we can't control.

Its funny or maybe its sad that you can't have an intelligent discussion about our QB situation. You clearly take this crap way too seriously. You get so defensive over your opinion...its weird.

superonyx

Reaction score
No need to cut him this year. He's cheap. You absolutely trade him, though. It should be easy to get some high draft picks if he is as good as so many claim.
No need to tank, we just got lots of high picks for Dak.
The reality is QBs don't win, and with a good team, it's not difficult to find an okay QB that the team can still win some games with (which is all Dak is). And you can certainly find similarly capable guys for way way way less than what is being talked about.

But you need a great team to win it all with a QB like Dak. I'd rather have a great QB and have more wiggle room with the team.
No one is giving up a haul of draft picks for a QB who is a free agent.
You are arguing that he is crap and then you are arguing that he has all this trade value.... which one is it.

Which guys are similar capable for way way less money? Who are we getting? Chase Daniel makes over $10m per year. Is this the type you want? Even backup QB's make a lot of money these days.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Whether Dak gets a big contract, or not, and whether it's the right thing to do, or not, and whether he improves , or not, is secondary to whether or not Moore can get this offense moving.

You can trade Dak and draft a top quarterback prospect, but unfortunately you can't draft coaches. ANY quarterback that had to deal with Garrett/Linehan/Wilson as his head coach, oc and quarterback coach is doomed to fail. So sign Dak, or not, but if the coaching doesn't improve neither will the team...