Video: Is Dak worth 30 Million? *MERGE*

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used Crawford because he is a good but not great player like Dak. Paying Dak will be similar, too exp to dump and no one else on the roster to do a better job.

But you can't compare the contract a rotational D-Lineman got several years ago to that of a starting QB in 2019. It's nowhere near the same stratosphere. Crawford got overpaid for what a rotational D-Lineman was getting at that time, but $30 MM is a going rate for a quality starting QB in 2019. Note I said "quality", not "elite". The market for QB's has soared and is in no way similar to Crawford's situation when he got his contract.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea how dare we pay a QB who can pass a ball. If you think we overpaid Romo just wait till this guy gets a new deal you'll love it and all the excuses he comes with.

Dak can pass the ball. I know - I've seen him do it. Dak may not be ideal (or he may prove to be - jury is still out) but not every QB has to put up 4,000-5,000 yards to be effective. There have been plenty of stat hounds at the position over the years that were not winners.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak can pass the ball. I know - I've seen him do it. Dak may not be ideal (or he may prove to be - jury is still out) but not every QB has to put up 4,000-5,000 yards to be effective. There have been plenty of stat hounds at the position over the years that were not winners.
Dak passed for almost 3,900 yards last year while only having Amari Cooper to pass to for the 2nd half of the season. If Amari had been on the team since Week 1, Dak would have easily passed for at least 4,500 yards. This criticism towards him not being an ideal or elite QB would be a moot point at this time.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Bud its been to long for us 24 years and counting.There's no Dak hate just cold hard reality that we are 1 quality QB away from SB # 6!
Now if your ok with this team falling short due to our inept passing game then either your to young to remember our glory days or your love of Dak has surpassed your love for the Star.....Keeping Dak with a expensive contract will add another 5 years minimal to our SB hunger!

Hey we've had 4 good seasons in those 24 years. That's not enough?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak passed for almost 3,900 yards last year while only having Amari Cooper to pass to for the 2nd half of the season. If Amari had been on the team since Week 1, Dak would have easily passed for at least 4,500 yards. This criticism towards him not being an ideal or elite QB would be a moot point at this time.
Good point. Then add what he did with his legs … and the fact that he is young and still learning. The outlook isn't nearly as bleak as some like to portray it.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Bud its been to long for us 24 years and counting.There's no Dak hate just cold hard reality that we are 1 quality QB away from SB # 6!
Now if your ok with this team falling short due to our inept passing game then either your to young to remember our glory days or your love of Dak has surpassed your love for the Star.....Keeping Dak with a expensive contract will add another 5 years minimal to our SB hunger!

Lol at one QB away from a 6th Super Bowl. Defense giving up 273 yards rushing and 30 points is not gonna win a Super Bowl. A defense can't have even one bad game in the playoffs, dude... otherwise we're packing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Lol at one QB away from a 6th Super Bowl. Defense giving up 273 yards rushing and 30 points is not gonna win a Super Bowl. A defense can't have even one bad game in the playoffs, dude... otherwise we're packing.

Don’t forget zero turnovers in two playoff games.

Don’t forget our offense scoring more against the Rams, on the road, than the patriots did, at a neutral site. What was the difference? Oh yeah the patriots defense played well and forced a turnover at a key point. The patriots defense allowed 200 LESS yards rushing than ours against the Rams.

But yeah give us a better QB and the Super Bowl is a Lock. :rolleyes:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pappy Hotdogs hmmmm tasty stuff.....hey guys I do not appear on that video and you might not like what these ex-players and reporters are saying concerning Dak and you feel the need to insult the Pappy but sometimes the truth hurts!
We give this QB of ours a huge contract we are R.I.P. for the next 3-5 years for reasons explained in the video!

Now keep them insults coming but it won't help Dak become a better QB.....or our Cowboys win our 6th Superbowl...
Insult, they definitely won't help us win the Superbowl. But Dak Prescott certainly will

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
BLAH BLAH blah. I'm waiting on the irrelevant Dak highlight video, then the insults, and finally the juvenile, "if you don't like it, find another team."
You could leave this forum for months and it's the same Dak worshiping of a "profoundly average QB".

HungryLion

Reaction score
BLAH BLAH blah. I'm waiting on the irrelevant Dak highlight video, then the insults, and finally the juvenile, "if you don't like it, find another team."
You could leave this forum for months and it's the same Dak worshiping of a "profoundly average QB".

You’re right. Telling people “find another team” is juvenile. On the other hand, joking around about people masturbating to Dak, that is maturity.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cope with what? You lying?

Saying "Dak is going to get paid..." is not an argument for anything. It's an asinine comment with zero to do with any of your lying.
What lies? I posted facts. Did you watch the video? That ex-LB stated exactly what I quoted, and his cohorts agreed with him. I proved he/they were wrong. Now, put on your big boy pants and accept they were factually wrong, son.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
These guys have no idea what they are talking about. Dak's contract will not stop them from signing defensive players. We don't even have any meaningful defensive players to worry about any time soon. LVE and Jaylon are years down the road.
Well, define meaningful.

Jaylon
B. Jones
M. Collins
T. Crawford
Chido
X. Woods
A. Brown
Jeff Heath
A. Woods

Are all up after this year or next year. We can go back and forth about how good each guy is, but that's 9 defensive starters (nickel), including the entire secondary.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What lies? I posted facts. Did you watch the video? That ex-LB stated exactly what I quoted, and his cohorts agreed with him. I proved he/they were wrong. Now, put on your big boy pants and accept they were factually wrong, son.
They did not say what you stated. You lie, as usual.