Is Dak worth more than Foles 4 yr 88 million?

UpNorth

Reaction score
But yet here you are?

It’s a discussion that revolves around the given that the Cowboys think Dak is their guy. Not whether we believe or not.

And should they pay him now or wait until next year when salaries are certain to escalate. If they pay him now is the Foles deal a good measurement?
Under what circumstance would you ever not wanna pay someone the least amount of money you could get away with?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Under what circumstance would you ever not wanna pay someone the least amount of money you could get away with?
And what would you present that to be?

This thread is about whether you think the Foles deal is a good barometer on a contract for Dak .

kskboys

Reaction score
I do think Jacksonville bidding against themselves made the deal better for them. Plus he's already 30

But really, if Dak was on the open market today, what team would bid that much for him?
Right before the draft, QB needy teams drafting early are often more optimistic that they can land their franchise QB ona rookie deal and build around him.

Honest question.

What team would go all in on Dak right now?
Miami maybe?
Possibles:

Mia
WASH
TENN
TB
NYG maybe
Cincy might surprise
BALT?
ARI?

kskboys

Reaction score
I would let him walk

But yes obviously giving him the smallest amount of money would always be the answer. Seems like an obvious and dumb discussion to even have tbh
Not sure why you'd conclude that. If this discussion is so dumb, why are you here?

I don't think so. I think the answer is finding a sum you can both live w/.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak is clearly better than both of these QBs. Dak found a way to have success; despite a OC that did not know how to maximize his talent. We've seen what Foles looked like with out the right OC; beyond terrible....so much so he was about to retire.
Right now, not much difference between the 3. Nothing clear about it.

kskboys

Reaction score

This thread is about whether you think the Foles deal is a good barometer on a contract for Dak .
When the Dak haters and lovers jump in, thread is done. They have no logic and extremely poor assessments and seem to lack any power to evaluate.

glimmerman

Reaction score
When the Dak haters and lovers jump in, thread is done. They have no logic and extremely poor assessments and seem to lack any power to evaluate.
Simple. The FO is gonna pay him. His agent will ask for 30 and the FO will offer 22. Expect him to sign somewhere in between. Lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know. I’m trying to move past the trolls to keep the thread alive.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Thats a pretty good number to use as a barometer.

Initially I thought Bortyles 3 years 50 million was a good place to start for Dak but since he’s being released by Jags for Foles that might not be a good measuring stick.

If Dak was a FA would he receive this type of Foles deal ? I’m not sure..

Thoughts ...

Lol

LOOOOOOOL

OMFG!

He aint worth half of that.

Please guys.

Dont sell this franchise cheap just because we need a QB.

This guy sucks.

Verdict

Reaction score
Thats a pretty good number to use as a barometer.

Initially I thought Bortyles 3 years 50 million was a good place to start for Dak but since he’s being released by Jags for Foles that might not be a good measuring stick.

If Dak was a FA would he receive this type of Foles deal ? I’m not sure..

Thoughts ...

It is interesting to see you posting about this. I was just thinking the same thing earlier. Thai is a pretty reasonable offer for a guy who has won a super bowl. This should give us hope on Dak's deal.

On the other hand, with Foles' age, how many people would trade Dak for Foles? I may be in the minority, but I wouldn't.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
But yet here you are?

It’s a discussion that revolves around the given that the Cowboys think Dak is their guy. Not whether we believe or not.

And should they pay him now or wait until next year when salaries are certain to escalate. If they pay him now is the Foles deal a good measurement?
How much will the salaries escalate?

If we wait 1 year and save X (say 25 million as an example, 5 mil/year). Let's say it's a 5 year deal the following year. We could then pay him 30 million/year over 5 years and the net is the same, except that it's over 6 years not 5.

It's just math.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How much will the salaries escalate?

If we wait 1 year and save X (say 25 million as an example, 5 mil/year). Let's say it's a 5 year deal the following year. We could then pay him 30 million/year over 5 years and the net is the same, except that it's over 6 years not 5.

It's just math.
That’s the risk.

What if it escalates 8 or 9 million a year. I know the Franchise Tag will be average of top 5 salaries .

And then there’s the drama attached..

UpNorth

Reaction score

And my original answer was that Dak clearly isn't worth what Foles just got

When the question was framed as "sign him now to a Foles type deal, or wait until next year when salaries will skyrocket ", i gave the very obvious answer of you go with whatever is cheapest.

Like i said though, if it's up to me i dont sign him. I'd either trade him now or draft a replacement and let him walk next year

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Frankly, Dak doesn't even deserve half of Foles' money.

Foles is 4-1 in playoff games and has won a Super Bowl, also once had a 27 TD:2 INT season. Dak has never done any of that.