Is Ed Hoculi calling our game this weekend?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Please I HOPE NOT! This guy can't even figure out the rulebook even if it means to save his own life!:bang2:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2315198 said:
I hope so ..... he is one of the best Refs in the NFL

Not this year he isn't.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I hate having part-time refs in the NFL. Guys like Hochuli have full time jobs outside of football and can't spend the time that is needed to refine their craft.

Hochuli needs to spend less time in the gym and more time reviewing tape and learning the rules.

I know every team makes the same claim but having been a Cowboys fan for over 45 years I can say with confidence that our team has been screwed by blatant bad calls more than any other over the last 40+ years. Usually in big games too.

Duane Thomas' fumble at the goalline (which Dave Manders recovered) against the Colts; The PI call on Benny Barnes (which should have gone against Swann) against the Stealers; The non PI calls on Deion in the '94 game against the 49ERs... the list goes on and on.

Throw in the various "rules" made specifically for the Cowboys which are not called consistently: Emmitt helmet rule, Roy Horse collar rule, Irvin Offensive PI rule, Barber stiffarm rule, etc. and I can't believe that any other team has the same record of grievance against the league for how they have been screwed over the years.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
zrinkill;2315198 said:

Screw that, him and his stooges have been awful this year.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
THUMPER;2315561 said:
I know every team makes the same claim but having been a Cowboys fan for over 45 years I can say with confidence that our team has been screwed by blatant bad calls more than any other over the last 40+ years. Usually in big games too.

And that is the voice of every fan of any team of any sport. Could it be that being a Cowboy fan that you watch mostly Cowboy games and therefore only see the calls made against them on any real regular basis? Give me five Non ESPN HIglight penalties that any other team had last year :)

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
zrinkill;2315198 said:
lol have you seen him lately?

I mean, he has even apologized for making mistakes and still made them last night.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He blew that fumble by Peterson last nite, it was clearly a Fumble and they missed a Facemask on Reggie Bush that caused a Turnover.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2315744 said:
He blew that fumble by Peterson last nite, it was clearly a Fumble and they missed a Facemask on Reggie Bush that caused a Turnover.

His explanation on the Peterson non-fumble was that the ball was somehow UNDER AP's hands.

Yeah-even though there was NO control, Hoculi seemed to think if it's UNDER your hands, you have control.:confused:

As for the facemask call missed, to be fair, that wasn't the first time this year it's been missed.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Hochuli also blew a call on Drew Brees. On the 3rd down play just before the final Martin Gramatica field goal attempt, Brees was in the pocket and threw the ball out of bounds with no receiver in sight.

That should have been intentional grounding. Romo got two of those calls on similar plays a few weeks ago.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
look what full-time Umpires are doing for baseball.

I'd rather have a guy that can hold down a full-time real job, instead of a "Knuckle-Head" with a 6th grade education calling plays that can't get a job anywhere else

IMHO....

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Boysboy;2315746 said:
His explanation on the Peterson non-fumble was that the ball was somehow UNDER AP's hands.

Yeah-even though there was NO control, Hoculi seemed to think if it's UNDER your hands, you have control.:confused:

As for the facemask call missed, to be fair, that wasn't the first time this year it's been missed.

I think Ed would know the rules better than you. :rolleyes:

I don't mind if Ed refs are game. I don't really give a rats *** who refs are game.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;2315507 said:
Roger that remark Hos!

Go Cowboys!

I've been called a lot of nasty things in my day - but "Hos" is crossing the line!