Is Ellis going down?

sportsman

Reaction score
In watching GE rushing the QB last night he just doesn't have the burst to get around the OL. I hope that is not the case we will need him down the stretch to make plays.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Father Time has caught up with Ellis and Anthony Henry and it's time to make the transition to 'role player' status with both of them.

I think Spencer is playing better than Ellis right now and should assume the starters' role.

And Henry should be replaced by either Mike Jenkins or a reinstated Adam Jones (if that happens).

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm more worried about getting beat in the run. But I would like to see more sacks out of him.

Spencer has more talent. But Spencer does not yet know how to play defense. He tackles poorly too often. He gets out of position way way too often. He has trouble reading pass vs run. That's Pop Warner stuff. And that's why Ellis is still starting over him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Henry should go to safety. That's his only way to stay on this team outside of injury. He will be trade bait. He has been trade bait.

superpunk

Reaction score
Did Spencer do anything admirable yesterday? The only time I noticed him he was getting stonewalled by the right tackle, while Ware was getting triple teamed.

Just wondering.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2425765 said:
Father Time has caught up with Ellis and Anthony Henry and it's time to make the transition to 'role player' status with both of them.

I think Spencer is playing better than Ellis right now and should assume the starters' role.

And Henry should be replaced by either Mike Jenkins or a reinstated Adam Jones (if that happens).

screw that both of them shouldn't be in a star anymore.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2425773 said:
Did Spencer do anything admirable yesterday? The only time I noticed him he was getting stonewalled by the right tackle, while Ware was getting triple teamed.

Just wondering.

no but he wasn't in as much a one would have thought after Wade was raving about him.

sportsman

Reaction score
Yes, Spencer is terrible against the run. He doesn't even bocked.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
There were a couple plays where Greg Ellis just looked a step too slow. Also, he gets up like an old man after making a sack or a tackle.

Henry is key to us getting beat on 3rd and long with pass plays - key play is when it was either Moss or Randle El beat him on a 7 yard slant and he jogged along and pointed at his man as if the invisible defender in the zone was supposed to pick him up....it was sad to watch.

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
To me.. It seems like both Henry AND Ellis are playing like if they are hurt.. Seems like there kinda slow.. Its hurting us some to

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I can't believe we're not seeing more of Spencer. It's night and day between the two. Spencer should play every single 3-4 OLB snap.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2425826 said:
I can't believe we're not seeing more of Spencer. It's night and day between the two. Spencer should play every single 3-4 OLB snap.

Agreed. However our coaching staff is inept.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
theogt;2425826 said:

:hammer:

He dictates the edge better then any LB besides Ware. If Wade turns him loose the skeptics here will soon dissolve.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Ellis is quickly playing himself into spot role that's for sure.

He and Roy Williams are both very likely gone in the offseason. Henry will save himself by being able, and already saying he was willing to do so with a full offseason to do it, to move to FS.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2425868 said:
Ellis is quickly playing himself into spot role that's for sure.

He and Roy Williams are both very likely gone in the offseason. Henry will save himself by being able, and already saying he was willing to do so with a full offseason to do it, to move to FS.

I don't even want Henry at FS just get the garbage of the team there's no salvaging him.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Check list for 2009:
a. Cut Henry
b. Cut RW
c. Cut Ellis
d. Find a replacement for B. James
e. Find a real FS
f. Find a real SS maybe Hamlin...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
theogt;2425826 said:

It's hard for Wade to say goodbye to a veteran. It tore him apart to demote Brad.
It's a sham "starting" Ellis, it is just to protect Ellis feelings.
He is toast in the offseason, he and Henry, Brad and maybe Crayton and Flo.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;2425893 said:
Check list for 2009:
a. Cut Henry
b. Cut RW
c. Cut Ellis
d. Find a replacement for B. James
e. Find a real FS
f. Find a real SS maybe Hamlin...

You said find a real SS yet you mention Hamlin :lmao2::lmao: