Is Farley our CB target?

Bizwah

Reaction score
If he’s not there in the second or third round, it won’t bother me.
I agree.

If he's not there in round four, then that means someone else took a huge risk on a player that might have an extremely short NFL career.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
not if we trade the farm to move up for Pitts.
Next Years draft picks are not safe from being shipped off. Would I trade a #1 for next year for Pitts. Yes I would. This is time for guttsy moves to get us back to credibilility.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Not at 10... that much we know.
No..2nd would not be out of the question since nobody would expect him to play in 2021.besides..the chances are our #1 in 2021 would be somewhere AR p und 30 if this team improves as expected. That means a bigger discount for us.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Farley as our first pick is so two weeks ago.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don’t know the whole story of his back but his stock would be much higher had he did it earlier, recovered and had a great pro day
Backs aren’t like knees
They’ve really improved knee injuries to the point most come back fine
Backs are a different world and he’s a little guy compared to the guys he has to take on in run game
There’s a point the talent is worth the risk
10 ain’t the place and to me no where in first round is

Have him in for a medical exam and take a look. That's part of the purpose of Jerry branching out into sports medicine.
Theoretically it should give us an advantage, though claiming Jaylon and LVE were good to go was how the Doc sold Jerry on creating the clinic in the first place. "See! I can help you get great players on the cheap!" An obvious conflict of interest in retrospect.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Next Years draft picks are not safe from being shipped off. Would I trade a #1 for next year for Pitts. Yes I would. This is time for guttsy moves to get us back to credibilility.
I dont disagree, but I don't know that a TE in this offense gets the team as a whole over the hump.

Not like TE was a problem, and we already have who we need to catch the balls Dak is going to throw.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I dont disagree, but I don't know that a TE in this offense gets the team as a whole over the hump.

Not like TE was a problem, and we already have who we need to catch the balls Dak is going to throw.
Nope. Any of our great QBs had a weapon at TE to use. Aikman. Had Novacheck. Meredith had Franke Clarke..Staubach had Jay Saldi and Mike Ditka,

We have room for another. It will speed up getting us back our identity..Romo had several. TE kills us against good teams with TE. Philly has them..the Giants have them it's our turn.

conner01

Reaction score
Have him in for a medical exam and take a look. That's part of the purpose of Jerry branching out into sports medicine.
Theoretically it should give us an advantage, though claiming Jaylon and LVE were good to go was how the Doc sold Jerry on creating the clinic in the first place. "See! I can help you get great players on the cheap!" An obvious conflict of interest in retrospect.
I don’t think any doctor told Jerry jaylon was good to go
They told him he could recover from the injury
And he has
His problems aren’t caused by injury but bad reads about where to be

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don’t think any doctor told Jerry jaylon was good to go
They told him he could recover from the injury
And he has
His problems aren’t caused by injury but bad reads about where to be

I only meant good to go in the cost/benefit sense - the Doc giving a positive enough assessment of their medical conditions to make the expected value of drafting them positive.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Oh my..settl
Yeah, Drew Rosenhaus. Always pumping up his guys. I'm sure he MAY go in the first....like you said, late first.
Drafting is clearly an investment. We do this stuff more frequently than anybody. In fact..I see Horn at 10 for immediate help then Farley with our #2 pick as future security. Either for us or as a trade piece when he rehabs.Clearly a #1 pick value DTR should he recover. Then you have Horn or Sustain and Diggs as starters. Later you can move Diffs to safety if needed.I would do it. As long as medical reports look good for complete recovery.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I like farley in a trade down or if he somehow drops to 44. Im not gonna lie im not excited about any defensive player in this draft at this point

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

JBond

Reaction score
Following our history of drafting damaged goods and rehabbing them to increase our draft results at the lowest cost vs highest value..Farley is our natural choice. Seems crystal clear. This would explain why Sustain is not being contacted as he is not being selected.

Hope you guys can handle what's coming. I try to prepare you folks. Stop all the speculation..

Aaron Rodgers would tell you R-E-L-A-X..:rolleyes:
Seems like rd2 flyer Jerry would take.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I have no doubt that there are several targets that this staff should consider in the draft. In the order of importance that most "experts" advise is Surtain, Horn, and Farley, in that order of preference. Of course, some things are likely to happen in the draft that might change that order to be followed.

Caleb Farley has been demoted in this order by way of his back being in questionable condition, due to his recent injured disc problem and the subsequent corrective procedures that followed. It's no secret that back issues are susceptible to being reinjured. Fortunately, there should be situations yet to come that might shed more light upon the right choices being made in the upcoming draft. Other teams' choices will surely affect such decisions.

Last edited: