Is Farley our CB target?

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Following our history of drafting damaged goods and rehabbing them to increase our draft results at the lowest cost vs highest value..Farley is our natural choice. Seems crystal clear. This would explain why Sustain is not being contacted as he is not being selected.

Hope you guys can handle what's coming. I try to prepare you folks. Stop all the speculation..

Aaron Rodgers would tell you R-E-L-A-X..:rolleyes:

Only if the Cowboys front office is slow, stupid and lost. Why would anyone want someone that is often hurt (See Sean "Glassman" Lee)? I wouldn't have Farley on a 13 round draft chart. May be okay for an organization that has a clue and has depth and patience. Cowboys would draft him and expect him to play, pay him like a 5 time Superbowl champ...

So...yeah...guess they may draft him.... lol

But come on...why do people want him if he is ALWAYS seemingly hurt?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like farley in a trade down or if he somehow drops to 44. Im not gonna lie im not excited about any defensive player in this draft at this point
I like the D players, just dont love them. Surtain will give you 10 years of a Quinten Jammer level guy. Probably never a top 5 CB, but just below that. Horn is an absolute killer on the field, but he has a much lower floor. Neither of these guys are real TO creators, so you hope they funnel plays to Diggs who is. Thats why I was a Farley guy before his back issues. Still like those two, but not as much as him

Barmore should be an elite pass rusher inside, and should even be very good there as a rookie. But he needs alot of work on run fits.

Like, dont love

Parsons is probably the only defender I love. But im generally a guy that advocates an LB in the top 10

Mannix

Reaction score
------Farley at 10 is a reach. At 44 we would be lucky he falls to us.

My azz is tired of being "lucky" about an injured player falling to us.....does Booger and Chuckles NEVER freakin' learn???? Someone please club some sense into them with a 2 x 4!!!! If this turns out to be true, I will truly be done with this nightmare of an organization....I'm very close now.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Only if the Cowboys front office is slow, stupid and lost. Why would anyone want someone that is often hurt (See Sean "Glassman" Lee)? I wouldn't have Farley on a 13 round draft chart. May be okay for an organization that has a clue and has depth and patience. Cowboys would draft him and expect him to play, pay him like a 5 time Superbowl champ...

Agreed. horn maybe their target in the 2n. While BPA at 10. There will be several.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I think we lack the coach if to take whoever they select to get them ready to help us. I know we could use about 5 rookies to move up and start or add to depth. Not sure I have seen McCarthys talent at the making significant contributions to shaping the roster and moving positively by NFL Standards. Not there for me.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
I think we lack the coach if to take whoever they select to get them ready to help us. I know we could use about 5 rookies to move up and start or add to depth. Not sure I have seen McCarthys talent at the making significant contributions to shaping the roster and moving positively by NFL Standards. Not there for me.

I can only judge a man by what he has repeatedly done. It's clear that a man can make a mistake, but what's important to note is that a smart man learns from his mistakes and does his best to correct it. I have only know McCarthy as the Green Bay head coach. He didn't have stellar defenses and the offense seemed to be more about the QB talent than it did about the scheme. So while this seems like an attack on the coach, it's more about my wish to have a better GM and owner. You keep making the same mistake. This is Dallas... Find a coach that knows football and get out of the way. Sure you can stand in the way, you can say "this is my team..." But you will never win based upon the evidence. Then couple that with the fans that will blindly follow him off a cliff.

Each time someone is released, some one is saying "what about X?" Come on, what person really wants to come to a sinking ship? Why is this team often looking for a bargain? It's a poor mindset. Go find the best talent (healthy physically and mentally) and convince them to come to Dallas.

I know this is slightly off topic, but could you imagine the conversation in 1993 in Green Bay between Mike Holmgren, Reggie White and his agent? We need that in Dallas. We need the mindset to change. Why do we want players like Farley? Low football IQ? Or have do some of the fans suffer from Stockholm Syndrome? You have a player that didn't play at a great school (Virginia Tech) and was often hurt, but sure when healthy (seldom) seem to be ranked in the first 4 rounds at all and over a player that played at arguably at the best school, by the best coach and started and won championships (Alabama)? I just don't get it. I know college is not the NFL, but my eyes tell me that if a player is always available and plays at a very high level, I want him on my team....

Anyhow, we will know in just 3 weeks

plasticman

Reaction score
It would be a good day if the Cowboys could catch Farley falling and make the trade at the right time, moving their 2nd pick up into the first round to get him. That's if they were unable to get Surtain.

Then again, if the Cowboys got Surtain with the #10 overall, would they also make a play for Farley?

Farley has threatened just about every NFL team not to pass him over for another CB, swears he'll go "Randy Moss" on them.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It would be a good day if the Cowboys could catch Farley falling and make the trade at the right time, moving their 2nd pick up into the first round to get him. That's if they were unable to get Surtain.

Then again, if the Cowboys got Surtain with the #10 overall, would they also make a play for Farley?

Farley has threatened just about every NFL team not to pass him over for another CB, swears he'll go "Randy Moss" on them.
Strange way of going about getting what you want.