Is Golf The Greatest Sport?

T-RO

Reaction score
Is Golf the Greatest sport? Hell No.

But it's my second favorite, and currently it's BY FAR the most interesting.

Disagree? Come at me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I love the game, been playing since I was 8 years old, it is game that one can play through out their life. Growing up playing team sports like football and baseball was very exciting and fun. I think the one thing about golf is because it is an individual sport all credit and blame is on the golfer him or herself. I know one things professional athletes from all sports tend to gravitate to golf because of the challenge of the game

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I love the game, been playing since I was 8 years old, it is game that one can play through out their life. Growing up playing team sports like football and baseball was very exciting and fun. I think the one thing about golf is because it is an individual sport all credit and blame is on the golfer him or herself. I know one things professional athletes from all sports tend to gravitate to golf because of the challenge of the game

One of my prior bosses, a very avid golfer, once I asked me if I had ever played, and I said no. He asked why, so I told him.

"I'm not that stupid".

We both thought that was funny....

Turk

Reaction score
Football, Soccer, Basketball, etc are sports.
Golf is a game.

visionary

Reaction score
Is Golf the Greatest sport? Hell No.

But it's my second favorite, and currently it's BY FAR the most interesting.

Disagree? Come at me.

Behind only billiards, curling , and bird watching

Flamma

Reaction score
It's a great game when you're playing it. Or if you're there watching. But watching it on TV? I'd probably rather watch a game of chess. Or water draining down a sewer. But the game itself, great game.

T-RO

Reaction score
Golf is an elevated sport, goes over the head of some.

Jordan Spieth, 11 under at Colonial. Be still my heart.

T-RO

Reaction score
Football, Soccer, Basketball, etc are sports.
Golf is a game.

Tell that to Paige Spiranic. Google her if you aren't in the know.

Go check out the top golfer's wives and girlfriends and tell me it's not a sport. o_O

Paulina Gretzky, Jena Sims lead a long list.

Last edited:

Turk

Reaction score
Tell that to Paige Spiranic. Google her if you aren't in the know.

Go check out the top golfer's wives and girlfriends and tell me it's not a sport. o_O

Paulina Gretzky, Jena Sims lead a long list.
T & A is not a sport. But then coming from you....

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I love golf, just wish I had played when I was a kid instead of starting at 28. I am finally starting to get pretty good and now father time is staring me in the face.

T-RO

Reaction score
I love golf, just wish I had played when I was a kid instead of starting at 28. I am finally starting to get pretty good and now father time is staring me in the face.

You are 28 and talking about Father Time?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
You are 28 and talking about Father Time?

LOL, no I started playing golf when I was 28. wish I had been exposed to it as a kid.

I started to take it more seriously about 5 years ago, taking lessons, playing multiple times a week. etc. I am 51 now, finally a single handicap, just feels like it is only a matter of time before I lose my distance, etc.

John813

Reaction score
I'll say this, it's one hell of a game to be consistently good at.

Got into it during college and when I worked at a nice Country Club in Palm Beach. We could play any of the Jack N. designed courses for free during the summer.
Driving range was free too in the afternoon.
Was never good at it, but it felt good getting some respectable shots in a row before going +infinity on the next one