Is Gregory Rousseau a David Irving starter kit?

The Realist

Reaction score
The hate for Rousseau reminds me of the hate for Calais Campbell. Fell all the way to the 4th round.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One of the better Irving games and he plays awfully high as well. (No pun)

Im one of the few Milton Williams fans here lol. However one of my big concerns with him is length. His production was decent and not great because he played mostly 5T at LAT. He is probably only going to thrive as a gap shooter, and not in a spot where you need length to generate leverage. Rousseau will be far more versatile

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That's a big statement.

If he is anything close to Irving then you take him and don't look back if he's available at 44 and should realistically go in round 1 if he is close to David Irving.

The problem with him is that he only has one season of play. That's what's hurting him right now but yeah, a lot of people thought that he was a quicker, faster Calais Campbell in his Freshman year.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I'm with you on all of that but his speed is all straightline which is why i'm asking about him as a 3 tech.

But heck maybe he can pull it off on the edge.

Projecting this guy is tough.

If he can get to the QB then it really doesn't matter where he lines up or how agile he is. Just sack the QB.
Yeah, I think he can win from anywhere like Irving did. He has long strong arms that once you can get into a guy and rip or kick hands off easy doesn't matter if it's an interior guard or an outside tackle. He had a bunch of what some on here call coverage sacks but the difference between him and other pass rushers are the other pass rushers continue to get blocked so when the QB steps up he takes off and gets past the line, in his case he rips the lineman and with those long arms he catches the QB. Thats the difference of about 5-15 yards on those plays. I would not pass this guy up if he makes it to our 2nd round pick.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is a think tank and an open discussion about a player and peoples opinions on the interesting skill set he has.

I don’t pretend to be an expert on this guy.

So get out of your feelings and stop being a donut. Go back to the Fan zone with all the normie whiners and let the men discuss football.

I haven't really paid attention to him because I'm not looking for an early-round end. But I just went and watched film on him and he did pass-rush effectively from the inside when he was put there. A draft site said his ideal role is being a defensive end who gets to pass rush from the inside. I think if we drafted him, that's how we'd view him.

Don't watch much college football, so I can't do anything more than watch what's out there on each player, but I like what I see in his videos more than what i see from Turner and Milton Williams. He definitely needs more size than what he had in the video, but if he can put that on and keep it, David Irving might be a good comparison.

hendog86

Reaction score
To me he looks like he wins mostly on athletic abilities alone. Which isn’t a knock on him.
Once he learns the nuances and has a plan I think he has a high ceiling.