Is Hollywood Brown Tavon 2.0?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
watching Hollywood Brown from OU I get excited until I remember he seems like in the NFL he’ll just be another Tavon. Interesting toy but probably won’t have even 10% of his college production in the NFL

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I didn't realize he was Antonio Brown's cousin. At least until they said it 43 times on the broadcast.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dudes a stud, but these undersized WRs scare the heck out of me.

Yes, I’m fully aware of Tyreek Hill and his success in the league but that is not the norm.

If we can extend Cooper and develop Gallup, I love our 1-2 punch. Go get a shifty mid round slot guy to replace Beas’ contract.

Brown will get way over drafted.

cowboyec

Reaction score
love Hollywood Brown...most clutch WR OU has had since Mark Clayton...and most talented.
love to have him here in the slot...excellent route runner,great hands,tough...makes his biggest plays in the biggest games.

Ohio States Parris Campbell is another one I really like.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dudes a stud, but these undersized WRs scare the heck out of me.

Yes, I’m fully aware of Tyreek Hill and his success in the league but that is not the norm.

If we can extend Cooper and develop Gallup, I love our 1-2 punch. Go get a shifty mid round slot guy to replace Beas’ contract.

Brown will get way over drafted.
He is a niche guy. One that could be very dangerous if used right and overused. To me he is a guy a team without alot of holes can take on day. If are in a rebuild and you take him that high, you are featuring him and probably overusing him

However if he is there in the third and we lost Beasley, I would give it a thought

cnuball21

Reaction score
He is a niche guy. One that could be very dangerous if used right and overused. To me he is a guy a team without alot of holes can take on day. If are in a rebuild and you take him that high, you are featuring him and probably overusing him

However if he is there in the third and we lost Beasley, I would give it a thought

Yea, he’s certainly be worth a mid round look IMO but I can see a team overdrafting the rock out of him and grabbing in the 1st

Hopefully we’re not that dumb.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea, he’s certainly be worth a mid round look IMO but I can see a team overdrafting the rock out of him and grabbing in the 1st

I dont like that at all unless you are telling he can play at 190 in the NFL.

Not saying he get overdrafted in the 1st. Just saying I dont like.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I think I could rationalize the 2nd for us after the fact. But thats the kookaide talking.

He would be a playmaker and feast of off underneath coverage and alot attention to Cooper. But thats a premium pick for a slot guy

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think I could rationalize the 2nd for us after the fact. But thats the kookaide talking.

He would be a playmaker and feast of off underneath coverage and alot attention to Cooper. But thats a premium pick for a slot guy

Yea I’d still probably pass.

Very intrigued by he kid from UMass. He seems to be an exceptional to come in as a Beas replacement and could likely be had in the 4th/5th. Kid is electric.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
In a perfect world, I would love to snag Stanley Morgan Jr. in the later rounds. Nebraska wasted this kid's talent for three quarters of this kid's college career. What he did this year, during a horrendous stretch of gut wrenching losses, was nothing short of fantastic. He could have joined a few of his former teammates, quit and transferred to a better team, but he stuck it out and found a new skill that he never thought that he had...leadership. On the field, he caught everything thrown his way and now owns the Nebraska record for receiving yards in a career. 6'1" and 200lbs and plays a lot bigger than that. He would be a perfect fit here as he can play either in the slot or outside. Oh, he's one heck of a blocker but he had to be if he was recruited to play @ Nebraska pre-Scott Frost era. I'm a fan.