Is it Just Me or Is Pacman Just Not That Good?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Maybe it was the slow turf at Heinz, but man, he looked like he had zero burst and acceleration returning kicks. Maybe his quickness will serve him better on the artificial stuff -- but he was getting mauled out there.

I wasn't surprised when they replaced him with Stanback, I'm sure they were thinking the same thing.

goshan

Reaction score
He wasn't any good at any point this year.
He doesn't have enough burst, vision or speed to return kicks.

He looked so much better as a rook.

And don't fire back that it is the blocking...he has looked like this all year.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2474558 said:
Maybe it was the slow turf at Heinz, but man, he looked like he had zero burst and acceleration returning kicks. Maybe his quickness will serve him better on the artificial stuff -- but he was getting mauled out there.

I wasn't surprised when they replaced him with Stanback, I'm sure they were thinking the same thing.

He's been a very good cover corner for us. To me, I am VERY satisfied. Thank You.:starspin

sbark

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474566 said:
He's been a very good cover corner for us. To me, I am VERY satisfied. Thank You.:starspin

agree...had several nice pass defended vrs Pitts, ya punt return job leaving to be desired.....

but I'd say teams are jacking up their ST units for him....Pitts really got after him on special teams.....they were trying to really pound him before during and after the gang tackles on him.......

2much2soon

Reaction score
sbark;2474575 said:
agree...had several nice pass defended vrs Pitts, ya punt return job leaving to be desired.....

but I'd say teams are jacking up their ST units for him....Pitts really got after him on special teams.....they were trying to really pound him before during and after the gang tackles on him.......

I agree with all this. But he is lacking burst on his returns...Not sure what thats all about.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
He looks awful on returns, but good in coverage.

joseephuss

Reaction score
goshan;2474563 said:
He wasn't any good at any point this year.
He doesn't have enough burst, vision or speed to return kicks.

He looked so much better as a rook.

And don't fire back that it is the blocking...he has looked like this all year.

There is poor blocking. You can't look past that.

Pacman is a good athlete and has plenty of burst. He trying too hard to make the big play instead of making a play. Maybe he read too much of his press. Poor decisions can make a good athlete look like a slow guy. He fielded a punt at his own 5 yard line. That is dumb. Instead of running forward at full speed for 15 yards he will hesitate or turn and gain only 10 yards. It is those small things that actually take away from his athleticism. At this point they may not be easily corrected.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
He's been better than I expected as a corner, but it looks like he's never returned a punt in his life.

Just the opposite of how most people thought it would be his first year back.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
He's been a good corner. Maybe the best on the team with Newman having a down year.

As a returner though...yuck.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474566 said:

You're welcome! He has been pretty good in coverage no doubt, but I haven't seen a lack of burst like that since Skyler Green. Seriously. It wasn't just the blocking, he was moving like his feet were stuck in molasses. And I know it wasn't JUST the field, other players seemed to be moving around much faster on the same field.

As I said, it's probably his quickness that serves him best and much of that gets nullified on a natural grass field. But when it comes to straight out acceleration and speed, he is no Terence Newman. Not even close.

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
hes not a good returner
in my opinion i like him at cb
newman got beat so many times last night
hes not doing good at returns bcz he doesnt wait for his blocks nor has he been in games returning them alot

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I thought he played pretty well at Cornerback. Had a few pass breakups.

But on Special Teams, he leaves alot to be desired.

Mansta54

Reaction score
AJ played very well. I don't know where this thread came from..

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
His returns (which I was more excited about when he got here) are horrible but even after a long layoff he was good in coverage yeserday.