Is it Just Me or Is Pacman Just Not That Good?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think he's just a bit rusty and trying to do too much on returns. Give it some time, (other than the fumble) he's still as good as anyone we can put back there.

Jay

Reaction score
Pac is a great cornerback for us, I feel him or Scandrick are our two best tacklers as corners. He made a lot of plays for us yesterday.

As a returner, kick off or punt.. no thanks. Put anyone else in there. Not sure what's wrong, but he's been awful. Just look at the numbers, Crayton has been doubling his return average.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief;2474590 said:
He looks awful on returns, but good in coverage.

.....and there ya have it.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
If you are talking about his cover skills, then yes, it's just you.

St however is another story, though the entire ST this year has left a lot to be desired.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2474857 said:
If you are talking about his cover skills, then yes, it's just you.

St however is another story, though the entire ST this year has left a lot to be desired.

Did you read my first post and come to that conclusion, that I was "talking about his cover skills?"

Because the entire body of what I said revolved around his return skills. But thanks. And no, it wasn't the blocking -- he looked SLOW returning kicks, blocking or otherwise. It wasn't the results I'm talking about, it was watching him catch the ball and start to run, BEFORE the kickoff coverage even reached him. He looked SLOW.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2474870 said:
Did you read my first post and come to that conclusion, that I was "talking about his cover skills?"

Because the entire body of what I said revolved around his return skills. But thanks. And no, it wasn't the blocking -- he looked SLOW returning kicks, blocking or otherwise. It wasn't the results I'm talking about, it was watching him catch the ball and start to run, BEFORE the kickoff coverage even reached him. He looked SLOW.

Well, honestly I replied to the thread title and not specifically the post. My bad. But I agree with your assessment regarding his play on special teams. But he is worth having on the team overall. I think we saw even the coaches thought he might be a liability on returns when they put Crayton back towards the end of the game.

Frankly, we miss Felix Jones more than we think.

burntricersx

Reaction score
As a punt returner, he's no worse than Patrick 'Fair Catch' Crayton... As a CB, I believe he either leads the team or 2nd on the team in passes defended despite having been suspended for 6 games.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
burntricersx;2474895 said:
As a punt returner, he's no worse than Patrick 'Fair Catch' Crayton... As a CB, I believe he either leads the team or 2nd on the team in passes defended despite having been suspended for 6 games.

Yes he is worse than Crayton.

Give me a fair catch machine who gets a few yards every now and then over a guy who muffs inside his own 5 and only gets a couple yards per return despite the fact that he has far more ability.

Neither are anything to brag about.

Pacman needs to start earning his money on Special Teams.

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2474962 said:
Yes he is worse than Crayton.

Give me a fair catch machine who gets a few yards every now and then over a guy who muffs inside his own 5 and only gets a couple yards per return despite the fact that he has far more ability.

Neither are anything to brag about.

Pacman needs to start earning his money on Special Teams.

Because he is getting paid right now right......

I'd take 6 Pacmans for the price of firecrotch

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
I cringe every time I see him run backwards... he does that way too much for me... that and the sorry ST unit we have fielded this year is a double whammy.

I haven't been too worried about his corner skills. Looks good to me except for the couple of dropped ints. He tackles pretty good and seems to never be too far off his receiver.

corner skills = A-
return skills = C-

Batman

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2474558 said:
Maybe it was the slow turf at Heinz, but man, he looked like he had zero burst and acceleration returning kicks. Maybe his quickness will serve him better on the artificial stuff -- but he was getting mauled out there.

I wasn't surprised when they replaced him with Stanback, I'm sure they were thinking the same thing.

I think the time off hurt him most on special teams. He was solid on defense and made some key plays. Give Pacman another game or two and he will be fine on special teams again.

Reaction score
Pacman the corner played outstanding... the kick and punt returner left a lot to be desired on the field.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I only read a couple of posts, so I'm sure someone already said this...I don't care whether he ever lives up to the return hype or not...the guy played some seriously good CB last night despite the recent suspension.

He'll probably screw up again, but man, if he could stay on the right road forever, we'd have a helluva CB who still hasn't even reached his potential.

If I remember correctly, he had a pretty nice ko return early, though you could tell he lost his legs trying to outrun a guy outside...the rest of the time, the return team sucked...when Stanback replaced him late, he didn't get beyond the 18 yard line either...those last two returns were both horrible.

JRid21

Reaction score
He is still trying to hard to make the big play and thinking about that too hard which is why the interceptions aren't there yet, as far as coverage though he has been great. Before he was suspended he was already about to surpass his passes defensed from the year before he was suspended(2006). Punt return/Kick return wise, what I said above.

SharutoX

I Love Quiznos
Reaction score
Solid corner play IMO, not so good return skills so far, but better than what we have availible. I'd take him over crayton. btw does crayton even play anymore? didnt even hear his name last game

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
CowboysxSwagger;2474681 said:
hes not a good returner
in my opinion i like him at cb
newman got beat so many times last night
hes not doing good at returns bcz he doesnt wait for his blocks nor has he been in games returning them alot

hold up, newman got beat once. But "so many times" what game were you watching?