Is it Just Me or Is Pacman Just Not That Good?

SharutoX

I Love Quiznos
Reaction score
Muhast;2476133 said:
hold up, newman got beat once. But "so many times" what game were you watching?

a couple i remember was when holmes was overthrown by ben. That was the play where ellis was offsides(if i remember he was lined up really bad). The other one was when ben had to dodge a couple of tackles and hit holmes on the sideline which i believe was a 3rd and something. Then obviously the big play which completely turned the game around

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
When raving about his corner play, I hope we're also taking into account all the times he doesn't line up correctly or know his assignment.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2476136 said:
When raving about his corner play, I hope we're also taking into account all the times he doesn't line up correctly or know his assignment.

That's an issue, but I can wrap my head around that one. It's not like he's been around for all the games or practices like everyone else. It's his fault for screwing up and not being able to be with the team, but his ability in coverage is undeniable.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
SharutoX;2476135 said:
a couple i remember was when holmes was overthrown by ben. That was the play where ellis was offsides(if i remember he was lined up really bad). The other one was when ben had to dodge a couple of tackles and hit holmes on the sideline which i believe was a 3rd and something. Then obviously the big play which completely turned the game around

The Holmes on the sidelines can't be blamed on Newman, Ben had a long time to throw, and he had to squeeze that in. I recall the play to Holmes being Henry on the coverage when it was overthrown and I don't remember him being beaten at all.

Maybe my mind is cloudy these days.

joseephuss

Reaction score
SharutoX;2476135 said:

How did it completely turn the game around? On that same drive Dallas had a goal line stand that kept Pittsburgh out of the end zone. I guess that means Dallas completely turned the game back around.

sacase

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2476136 said:

Yeah because we should't be raving about Witten's play over the course of the year either. Remember its his fault on the INT and it was his missed block that cause Anderson to get tackled onthe 4th and 1. Get a grip, all players make mistakes, considering it was his first game back, he had three pass breakups on third down which got the defense off the field. As a returner I think it is a combination of poor blocking and Pac trying to do to much to prove himself to the team.

khiladi

Reaction score
Funny..Pittsburgh tried testing Adam Jones twice and failed... Coincidentally, they didn't go at him again the whole game...That is the fact of the matter no way people try and spin it...BTW, our special teams blocking sucks as a whole. Anybody love that wonderful blocking on Stanback's return? How about Patrick Crayton fielding that punt? The difference between Pac-man and Crayton is that he actually tries to make a play when there is no blocking. He tries to run east and west when there is none...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think he's done good at corner. He hasn't been a game changer, thus far, as many predicted he was going to be but he's certainly not been a bad corner.

He's been a piss poor return man thus far but the Jones fans keep telling me he's about to break out so I guess I can do nothing but believe them on that front.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2474558 said:
Maybe it was the slow turf at Heinz, but man, he looked like he had zero burst and acceleration returning kicks. Maybe his quickness will serve him better on the artificial stuff -- but he was getting mauled out there.

I wasn't surprised when they replaced him with Stanback, I'm sure they were thinking the same thing.

Some of us have been saying since pre-season that it takes a player about 1.5-2 full seasons to get it all completely back. He's about 75-80% of what he was in Tennessee but still better than the majority of the corners in the league. We got him really cheap...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
IN all honesty I don't know if it was the pressure in Tennesee or just him being a rookie but he's looked better here than he did in Tennesee. I thought he was a decent cornerback with potential. He's come a long way without much time on the field. I understand why he's still a Cowboy.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
rocyaice;2476950 said:
IN all honesty I don't know if it was the pressure in Tennesee or just him being a rookie but he's looked better here than he did in Tennesee. I thought he was a decent cornerback with potential. He's come a long way without much time on the field. I understand why he's still a Cowboy.

Did you even watch him play in Tennessee???:confused::confused::confused:
He used to return punts and came away with pics for 6 often. In fact they won many games because he made many big plays...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I thought he held his own at corner, but displayed next to no elusiveness on kickoff returns--which are not his specialty, anyway.

http://img81.*************/img81/529/ch21sundec72008050110pmpu5.jpg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He's crap. That's why they put him in there and moved Henry to safety. But the coaches are all stupid because Jerry is stupid and TO is a distraction along with Proctor who singlehandedly destroys the OL.

We're doomed. We're all going to hell in a handbasket. :rolleyes:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The only problem I've had with him thus far is he's been a very poor return man thus far.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2474558 said:
Maybe it was the slow turf at Heinz, but man, he looked like he had zero burst and acceleration returning kicks. Maybe his quickness will serve him better on the artificial stuff -- but he was getting mauled out there.

I wasn't surprised when they replaced him with Stanback, I'm sure they were thinking the same thing.

To become a good punt returner, your Special Teams needs to learn how to block. I don't think Dallas is there yet.