Is it me or does this team NEVER throw down the gauntlet?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Every week its the same story. We get everyone's best shot. Players from opposing teams say they will do this and that and predict victory and discuss postscore celebrations.

Why not us? What is it about being a Dallas Cowboy that prevents a player from saying.... "Unfortunately for Cincinnati we lost last week and we're none too happy about it. We're coming for the Bengals with guns blazing... they better be ready cuz we ARE. I give the Bengals no chance to win this game."

We always wait to get punched in the mouth first, then swing back. Sometimes the momentum of a game doesn't allow us to get our rhythm back after we fall behind. (see NYG playoff game).

My point is this team is not intimidating at all and I believe other teams enjoy playing us because even if they are a bad team it's "hey... we beat Dallas, in DALLAS at least".

Our home field is not an advantage whatsoever, but partly it's because our team is not hostile enough. Thoughts?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
run your mouth and lose...look like a donkey...

run your mouth and win...look like a donkey...

in the end you'll look like a donkey unless you leave your talking on the field

yimyammer

Reaction score
mmohican29;2307233 said:
Every week its the same story. We get everyone's best shot. Players from opposing teams say they will do this and that and predict victory and discuss postscore celebrations.

Why not us? What is it about being a Dallas Cowboy that prevents a player from saying.... "Unfortunately for Cincinnati we lost last week and we're none too happy about it. We're coming for the Bengals with guns blazing... they better be ready cuz we ARE. I give the Bengals no chance to win this game."

We always wait to get punched in the mouth first, then swing back. Sometimes the momentum of a game doesn't allow us to get our rhythm back after we fall behind. (see NYG playoff game).

My point is this team is not intimidating at all and I believe other teams enjoy playing us because even if they are a bad team it's "hey... we beat Dallas, in DALLAS at least".

Our home field is not an advantage whatsoever, but partly it's because our team is not hostile enough. Thoughts?

I don't care about other teams smack talking before a game, what bothers me is their ability to back it up by beating us. The Giants & Skins losses especially hurt for this reason.

I wish our guys would just keep their mouths shut and do their talking on the field.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Sometimes i think this team lacks the passion your talking about. Im hoping they will prove me wrong

Boysboy

Reaction score
For the UPteenth time...this has been a MEGA LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG week!

Why oh WHY did everyone here EXPECT us to go undefeated?!?:bang2:

Route 66

Reaction score
Boysboy;2307343 said:
For the UPteenth time...this has been a MEGA LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG week!

Nobody expected us to go undefeated. Fans are upset by how ineffective we were last week.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rowdy;2307362 said:
Nobody expected us to go undefeated. Fans are upset by how ineffective we were last week.

It happens, why? B/c it's a marathon season. For the most part, it's the players and coaches jobs to have that "emotion" tank filled. However-there WILL be occasions where it'll be empty...for the reason being that the NFL season is a marathon one.

Not making excuses, but after 3 very emotional games to start the season, we just looked spent last week.

Like I say-it happens.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mmohican29;2307233 said:

This is a good post.
We have NOT gone out there and popped a team and the mouth and kept our foot on the gas. Not last year and not this year.

We are that good.... yet we dont do it. Its like a Great boxer that lets a journeyman boxer or a lesser boxer stay in the fight as he carries him a few rounds. Sometimes that less boxer lands a knockout punch.

The Skins ARE a bad team and Campbell is a BAD QB. They should not have won. Campbell gets credit for not making mistakes... not costing his team.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Well you have a point. 85 did a lot of talking and it has gotten the Bengals winless? So lets act like them?

sacase

Reaction score
The reason is simple. For every other team in the NFL this is the BIG game. For us, it is just another game on the schedule. They got up for the GB game and won. they should win today as they got beat.

cowboyed

Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2307295 said:
Talk is cheap.

Get your popcorn ready.:(

CNYCowboy - You have the signature of the year in my book. The only thing better is if the dog took a dump on Bayless.

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyed;2307574 said:
CNYCowboy - You have the signature of the year in my book. The only thing better is if the dog took a dump on Bayless.

I thought about it ,but I thought the Mods would frown on it.:D;)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Boysboy;2307343 said:

No reasonable person expected the Cowboys to be undefeated with this schedule.

Alot of us are extremely concerned that despite all the draft picks & money invested in the defense, and our recent HC hiring decision being based on one thing alone (fixing the defense) it still stinks and still is nowhere good enough for us to win a championship with. We've played 4 games this and the defense hasnt looked dominant in any of them. They looked downright lousy in two of them (both home games). The players clearly arnt being put into positions to make plays.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
dbair1967;2307652 said:
No reasonable person expected the Cowboys to be undefeated with this schedule.

Alot of us are extremely concerned that despite all the draft picks & money invested in the defense, and our recent HC hiring decision being based on one thing alone (fixing the defense) it still stinks and still is nowhere good enough for us to win a championship with. We've played 4 games this and the defense hasnt looked dominant in any of them. They looked downright lousy in two of them (both home games). The players clearly arnt being put into positions to make plays.
:hammer:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
mmohican29;2307233 said:

Patrick Crayton talks trash and everyone hates him for it.

Yeah, we didn't run the Eagles out of their own stadium or blitz Brett Favre into oblivion last year. We didn't go into Lambeau and get the first win in this franchise's history this year. Michael Strahan didn't say we were the best and most physical team he played last year.

We're 3-1, and it's the NFL. People need to stop expecting these games to be Oklahoma versus Baylor every week.