Is it time for a gag order to be put on the players?

Batman

Reaction score
Right now, just way too many things are coming out in these media reports. I am beginning to think Wade has to step in and put a gag order on the players in regards to any tensions in the locker room. The media is having a real good time with Witten v. T.O., and who knows what else this can lead to. There has just been way too much that has been said and leaked out. I am thinking that the last thing we need is for more reports like this to keep coming, it will ruin any last chances we have at a playoff run or winning playoff games. At some point, either Wade or Jerry has to say enough is enough, and have a strict gag order and go over with the players in detail as to what they can say to the reporters. Maybe I am wrong on this, I dunno, but with the way the media is going crazy over this, a gag order for sure couldn't be any worse than what is going on right now with the media making matters even worse.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Rules and orders are only as strong as the issuing party. As we know from the two year older and mom in the grocery store....When there are no consequences, parental threats are meaningless. Worse than meaningless.

The lunatics run the asylum in Valley Ranch so how strong would a gag order be?

Batman

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2488352 said:
Rules and orders are only as strong as the issuing party. As we know from the two year older and mom in the grocery store....When there are no consequences, parental threats are meaningless. Worse than meaningless.

The lunatics run the asylum in Valley Ranch so how strong would a gag order be?

It would be very strong if paycheck penalties were mentioned and enforced.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Batman;2488357 said:
It would be very strong if paycheck penalties were mentioned and enforced.

It all starts at the top. B/c Jerry goes around high profile and hoards himself in front of the media 24/7, ultimately, that's the example he sets for the rest of the team.

Remember that 80's anti-drug commercial where a dad confronts his son when he finds drugs in his room, and his son's response was, "I learned it from you!".

Pt being that the guy at the top is the one that has to set an example for the rest.

The Panch

Reaction score
That's one thing I admire about the Patriots. People hate them with a passion and make fun of how Belichick and his players talk in interviews and sound like robots, but when's the last time you heard about internal conflict in their locker room? You dont cause the leaders there will put the egos in check. Ask Moss. He's been a punk his entire career and quickly humbled himself when he went to NE. We dont have that authority or leadership with this franchise and probably wont until Jerry buzzes off.

sbark

Reaction score
BP's team media rules all had reason in retrospect

One can point to a stronger head coach.....but Reid in Philly had same problems....

TJ ran into the same problems 200 yrs ago

These people [i.e., the printers] think they have a right to everything, however secret or sacred." --Thomas Jefferson to John Adams, 1815. ME 14:345
"To divide those by lying tales whom truths cannot divide, is the hackneyed policy of the gossips of every society." --Thomas Jefferson to George Clinton, 1803. ME 10:440

Batman

Reaction score
Boysboy;2488363 said:
It all starts at the top. B/c Jerry goes around high profile and hoards himself in front of the media 24/7, ultimately, that's the example he sets for the rest of the team.

Remember that 80's anti-drug commercial where a dad confronts his son when he finds drugs in his room, and his son's response was, "I learned it from you!".

Pt being that the guy at the top is the one that has to set an example for the rest.

I can see where you are coming from about Jerry. The ad you are talking about, no, it would be impossible for me to remember that.

Boysboy

Reaction score
The Panch;2488364 said:
That's one thing I admire about the Patriots. People hate them with a passion and make fun of how Belichick and his players talk in interviews and sound like robots, but when's the last time you heard about internal conflict in their locker room? You dont cause the leaders there will put the egos in check. Ask Moss. He's been a punk his entire career and quickly humbled himself when he went to NE. We dont have that authority or leadership with this franchise and probably wont until Jerry buzzes off.

The Patriots may be cheaters, but to be fair, as much as I hate to say this, cheating in sports is nothing more than gaining a competitive advantage over your opponent. I mean how many times have we heard reports of other teams videotaping practices of their opponents from afar? The Broncos have been guilty of this. Heck, even our own Jimmy J ADMITTED he tried to tape other teams' signals.

But anyhow-Belichick has always been a very good coach aside from Spygate. You are right, the Pats are able to focus consistently b/c BB makes sure that their locker room is tight shut.

As for Randy Moss-sure, he gives up on plays, and has taken plays off, but the guy has usually been quiet for the most part. Rarely you hear him talk(aside from updating his internet blogs every week), he always takes accountability when his team loses, etc.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Honestly in situations like this should you actually HAVE to order a gag order in order for guys to just do the right thing and keep their mouths shut on in house issues?

You shouldn't even have to threaten them with penalities and all that cause they should just be keeping their mouths shut in the first place.