Is it time for a new sub-zone for this type of thread?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As of a few minutes ago, there are no less than 10 threads about Dak Prescott on the first page in this sub-forum known as the “Fan Zone”. Sometimes, it seems to me that most of the threads are saying the same things over and over. Maybe that will change once the season starts.

I’m all for open, respectful discussions about all things Cowboys, but sometimes it seems like having a separate category just for Dak threads would be a help in sorting some of the traffic. It would allow all the Dak discussion a fan could possibly want without completely dominating the general “Fan Zone” sub-forum. At the old Cowboys Forum run by the team, there was eventually a Tony Romo forum because of all the Romo threads. (I actually like the Zone much better for what it’s worth)

I know this has been suggested before and I’m sure our mods have enough on their hands to manage what we already have. But maybe having a “Dak Zone” would help with thread traffic.

Thoughts?

Big_D

Reaction score
only 2 more weeks and this issue should be resolved. Or at least the amount of threads started should be less once we know which way the team and Dak are headed?

2 weeks from today. Tax day and Daks day!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah.. old boards they finally for the last 5 years or so of Romo’s career made his own sub-zone.. Even after the signing it’s gonna be about him being over paid or stats, or hate him or love him threads.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak Zone, Nah I don't see a need for it. Even many of the threads that don't start out as Dak threads end up being Dak threads. It's just what "fans" in the Fan Zone want to talk about.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's the off-season and Dak's chance at a contract will end soon so of course there are going to be a lot of Dak threads because fans are opinionated.

If everyone agreed, it would be really boring here!

That said, if it continues once the season starts, we will likely move a lot of the general Dak opinion threads to the Overtime Zone.

For now, they are not hurting anything other than maybe adding a little more scrolling and additional discussions to the slow off-season news period.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
it's the off-season and Dak's chance at a contract will end soon so of course there are going to be a lot of Dak threads because fans are opinionated.

If everyone agreed, it would be really boring here!

That said, if it continues once the season starts, we will likely move a lot of the general Dak opinion threads to the Overtime Zone.

For now, they are not hurting anything other than maybe adding a little more scrolling and additional discussions to the slow off-season news period.
You're nothing, if not a handsome and strong Administrator.
Did I mention handsome and strong?
Just look at that chin!

Techsass

Reaction score
Don't do it. He's our QB & people are going to talk about him every single game all season long. Then we'll start talking about what he needs to do for the next game.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
As of a few minutes ago, there are no less than 10 threads about Dak Prescott on the first page in this sub-forum known as the “Fan Zone”. Sometimes, it seems to me that most of the threads are saying the same things over and over. Maybe that will change once the season starts.

I’m all for open, respectful discussions about all things Cowboys, but sometimes it seems like having a separate category just for Dak threads would be a help in sorting some of the traffic. It would allow all the Dak discussion a fan could possibly want without completely dominating the general “Fan Zone” sub-forum. At the old Cowboys Forum run by the team, there was eventually a Tony Romo forum because of all the Romo threads. (I actually like the Zone much better for what it’s worth)

I know this has been suggested before and I’m sure our mods have enough on their hands to manage what we already have. But maybe having a “Dak Zone” would help with thread traffic.

Thoughts?
As a Mod on that board I used to DREAD going to that sub-forum, I swear I could feel my brain cells disintegrating as I read the same arguments over and over and over again.

I dont know if there should be a Dak one - for now I just avoid them....my brain thanks me. ; )

cern

Reaction score

Thoughts?
Remember the romo forum on dc.com. It was a total failure.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but it enabled everyone to have discussions. So, it was actually a complete success.
That idea was taken from CZ as we created several player/coach Zone forums over in the past such as Quincy Carter Zone, T.O. Zone, Tony Romo Zone, etc. and others.

The Overtime Zone serves that purpose now but when it's the off-season, dead horse topics are going to get posted and reposted and moving all of them to another forum is really pointless as its not like they are stealing thread space away from other threads because ti's the slow period of the year.