Video: Is it time to move on from Dak?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Past time, he's an average player that can easily be replaced.

Has been replaced....

This red mop is going to be the rage in 2020.....:dance:

usa_today_13828958.0.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The same as it was in 2015 when Romo went down. Just replace the names of Weeden or Cassel with some other veteran rag arm looking to steal some cash from Jerry on his way out.

Oh, that's right. Jerry already did that last week.
There is obviously a better plan for the QB position than you are claiming. Dak is the QB for now and the future but we have Dalton for the short-term if Dak is injured. For the longer-term(3 years) backup QB job, we have Dinucci who will be developed and mentored to be a starter in a few years. He will most likely end up being traded so he can have that starting QB career, elsewhere.

I think your issue is a doubt with the Cowboys getting a deal signed with Dak. That is something you have to work threw in your own mind because in reality, the deal is going to get done.

Qcard

Reaction score
LOL, move on to what?

I predict there are going to be some opinion reversals the first time we see Dalton in the preseason.
What you haven't seen Dalton Twitter workout video. He was jump boxing at least 30" :flagwave:

Dalton wouldn't last 3 games as a starter. This is not Cincinnati. The spot light and the rigors of Cowboys abnormal schedule will destroy 32 yr body. Rifle has no legs.

Dalton's a great backup.

plasticman

Reaction score
There is obviously a better plan for the QB position than you are claiming. Dak is the QB for now and the future but we have Dalton for the short-term if Dak is injured. For the longer-term(3 years) backup QB job, we have Dinucci who will be developed and mentored to be a starter in a few years. He will most likely end up being traded so he can have that starting QB career, elsewhere.

I think your issue is a doubt with the Cowboys getting a deal signed with Dak. That is something you have to work threw in your own mind because in reality, the deal is going to get done.
I know a deal will get done but at what point during the process will it effect the coming season?

I really feel as though Zeke's contract negatively effected last season. Although he played, it seemed to take time for him to regain his focus and stamina.

Dak has a lot of work ahead of him. Im sure the quarantine presented challenges to his physical conditioning and every minute he spends throwing to Lamb will increase their familiarity.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I know a deal will get done but at what point during the process will it effect the coming season?

I really feel as though Zeke's contract negatively effected last season. Although he played, it seemed to take time for him to regain his focus and stamina.

Dak has a lot of work ahead of him. Im sure the quarantine presented challenges to his physical conditioning and every minute he spends throwing to Lamb will increase their familiarity.

It seems to me you are looking for a problem that does not yet exist. You are looking to be the first to pounce on it so you can say, I told you so".
You won't be satisfied until you see evidence of Dak's new deal affecting the season and if it does not happen you'll just make up whatever you need to so you don't have to admit you were wrong. It's all about you and your being "right" so you can tell the world "I told you so".

You seem to think Dak is just laying on his couch eating Fritos allday and has not touched a playbook since last season ended.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I was just making a comment.

Where did all THAT come from?
The fake sensitivity by the pup is cute. Pappypuppy is just deflecting attention from your calling out his statement that you requested proof of rather than presenting said proof or admitting there is none.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

The first statement in this video is, "Yeah of this is true..." Meaning the five year 175 million.

But it is not true. Several sources including those on the inside have stated this emphatically.

So, with that knowledge, would you still have posted this thread since this discussion has no merit of truth and is just content for a sports outlet trying to come up with anything to garner the fan's attention?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Daks as good as gone. Jerry ain't paying him! Thats exactly why Rush was let go and Dalton was brought in after already giving Rush a 3 mil deal. Jerry and Stephen were hoping Dak would come to his senses but nope. Jerrys face during the Eagles loss last year was all I needed to see. No offensive fire power when you need it. All those fireworks against the Commanders and Giants and not a sparkler against the Eagles.
LOL. The expression was that’s why he got rid of Jason. He’s not getting rid of Prescott LMAO

Hadenough

Reaction score
LOL. The expression was that’s why he got rid of Jason. He’s not getting rid of Prescott LMAO
Don't worry Prescott is gonna be gone all on his own doing. Jerry may not need to do a thing but sit back and let Dak and his agent sit on the couch praying Dalton fails.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Past time, he's an average player that can easily be replaced.
:laugh:I bet you weren’t saying that when they made the playoffs in 2018, winning a bunch of close games on top of beating Seattle in the playoffs.

Section446

Reaction score
:laugh:I bet you weren’t saying that when they made the playoffs in 2018, winning a bunch of close games on top of beating Seattle in the playoffs.
I've been pretty steady on Dak outside of his rookie year, he's just not anything special. It's amazing that a franchise with so many good QB's in its history struggles to identify a good one... Dak isn't one of those.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Finish your thought...

“And I base that on absolutely nothing.”

Every single commonly-used metric for ranking QBs has Dak as a top-10 QB.

yea but remember his “eye test” after his 15th beer tells him that Dak is average

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The deal will eventually be made for 4 years. It boggles the mind how many continue to denigrate the Jones's for trying to get the best deal possible for the team. The purview of the 401k and a checking account, no doubt.
Did they get the best deal with the previous players? They lose every stare down and will keep getting the stare from every agent because of the Joneses rep for poor negotiating. They rollover.

They have created their own problem. No one faults them, except the Dakaters, for trying to get a longer term deal done but that 45M shot across their bow should stop that.

The fact that they choose to make negotiations a media event is what draws the criticism, no other team needs the attention.