Is Lamb 88 a 1 WR?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lamb is easily my current favorite Cowboy on the team, but he's really got to take his game to the next level this season.

I will say K. Moore needs to figure it out. Cooper should have been force fed the ball more often and they simply didn't. The same goes for Lamb this year. Get the ball in his hands.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You misspelled Dak.

If you think Dak was the reason Amari disappointed the team in big games, then you agree there’s no way in hell Amari is worth 20m$ because Dak isn’t going anywhere.

You can’t justify paying Amari that kind of money just to disappear, regardless of the perceived issue… whether it’s him, Dak, or Moore, he doesn’t work with this team. Use that money on players who work.

Carson

Reaction score
Not that my analysis means much but he has inconsistent hands, lacks separation at times and disappears for stretches of games. He’s not, IMO, a true #1 receiver but rather a nice complimentary #2. Just my two cents.
Dallas though is the only team that doesn’t try to get their #1 involved early and often.

This goes back to Dez.

Look at the 49ers first drive. How many times did Deebo touch the rock? Plenty

We often go into halftime when guys like Cooper, Lamb etc have 0 catches.

Teams like the Rams, Chiefs don’t allow this.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Dallas though is the only team that doesn’t try to get their #1 involved early and often.

This goes back to Dez.

Look at the 49ers first drive. How many times did Deebo touch the rock? Plenty

We often go into halftime when guys like Cooper, Lamb etc have 0 catches.

Teams like the Rams, Chiefs don’t allow this.

I agree with everything you said. I think it was Parcells who said in a tight game, when you need a play, you don’t try and out scheme the opponent but rather just get the ball to your best playmakers. I feel like KM tries to get too cute and he out schemes himself. Against SF I would have been feeding Pollard and Coop and Cee Dee the ball. I’m hoping KM grows in his position and learns from his mistakes.

Carson

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said. I think it was Parcells who said in a tight game, when you need a play, you don’t try and out scheme the opponent but rather just get the ball to your best playmakers. I feel like KM tries to get too cute and he out schemes himself. Against SF I would have been feeding Pollard and Coop and Cee Dee the ball. I’m hoping KM grows in his position and learns from his mistakes.
Bingo. I’m coming out hitting a quick slant, a few screens and my guy is going to have 5 touches before the second quarter

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
yeah he is / was. i’m not sure you’re qualified to discuss wr’s though

Why? My team has the best WR in the division.

What made him a number 1 WR? His lack of number 1 production, his lack or chemistry with his QB, or the fact that he’s never performed as one despite any of the QBs he’s played with?

blueblood70

Reaction score
agree Lamb and Gallup are both 1s not elite but still its on KM to one get run game threat , clean up the OL and scheme these stars to have better success.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Bingo. I’m coming out hitting a quick slant, a few screens and my guy is going to have 5 touches before the second quarter

Slant? What’s a slant? Lol! Is that even in our playbook? Instead we have Dak like a deer in the headlights holding the ball in the pocket, not trusting what his eyes see, dumping the ball or forcing the ball or taking a sack.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not that my analysis means much but he has inconsistent hands, lacks separation at times and disappears for stretches of games. He’s not, IMO, a true #1 receiver but rather a nice complimentary #2. Just my two cents.
That is what I see also. I do like Lamb, just don't love him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He was drafted as a 1, again we need to find out before we pay him.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I hope so because he's now Dallas's #1 WR.
Seriously, Cee Dee is not a #1 receiver, The dude's numbers don't support that title and he's got to clean-up the number of balls he drops in BIG games.