Is Micah on the Zeke path

Jkyle

Reaction score
I worry that Micah will suffer the same fate as Zeke when it comes to longevity.
Like Zeke, he is taking a pounding and seeing him wear down towards the end of each of his two seasons is concerning.
It may happen the same where he signs a big contract and can't live up to it due to the wear and tear.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Micah will be fine. But there is no excuse for him being on the field late in games when the outcome has already been decided. It makes absolutely no sense and I’ve seen it way too often in the past 2 years. I don’t care how peed off he gets. Take charge and tell him to take a seat on the bench!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah will be fine. But there is no excuse for him being on the field late in games when the outcome has already been decided. It makes absolutely no sense and I’ve seen it way too often in the past 2 years. I don’t care how peed off he gets. Take charge and tell him to take a seat on the bench!!!
Exactly. Big Mike needs to tell him they are going to be smart with him and not burn him out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I worry that Micah will suffer the same fate as Zeke when it comes to longevity.
Like Zeke, he is taking a pounding and seeing him wear down towards the end of each of his two seasons is concerning.
It may happen the same where he signs a big contract and can't live up to it due to the wear and tear.
if he keeps playing DE, he will have a shorter career. it was painfully obvious he was worn down by end of the year and played on shear will.
He needs to be a LB or moved to OLB in a 3-4 to continue to rush the passer.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
The only reason I say no is RB is the most punishing position in the league. But as mentioned earlier if we get a huge lead take him off. Get him a huge 1T/NT to keep guys off him.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Zeke would take a while to get going, and then late in the season would flourish (even his rookie season). Micah is the opposite. Although he did play really well in the post season this past season. I just think it's a combination of scheme and other teams sometimes triple teaming Micah.

CWR

Reaction score
Exactly. Big Mike needs to tell him they are going to be smart with him and not burn him out.

MM is typically very conscientious about preserving his players. I'm suprised he hasn't already been so with Parsons. It may be him not wanting to step on Quinns toes. I think he's smart enough to do what's best and diplomatic enough for Quinn to be on board. You're right though, the simple fixes need to happen yesterday

Whyjerry

Reaction score
if he keeps playing DE, he will have a shorter career. it was painfully obvious he was worn down by end of the year and played on shear will.
He needs to be a LB or moved to OLB in a 3-4 to continue to rush the passer.
This is exactly correct. Much better to have him off the line of scrimmage chasing, hunting, blitzing. Having him taking on OT 40 snaps a game is moronic.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Bust

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
No players burn out like RBs. Edge rushers and LBers can get injured and come back and be fine. They just don't take the banging that rbs do.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I will reserve judgment until he stops being the best player on the field. Ain't there yet.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Been saying it for a while. This kid is going to wear himself out and started to last season. The Cowboys should have taken Floatyworm's advice and traded him for a Herschel Walker style trade. Would have been the smart thing to do!

coult44

Reaction score
Micah will get a second contract and still never win a SB until he leaves here for his final contract.
You’re pathetic!
Why waste your time?
Go take a pill or drink a double. Do something to get over your misery.