Is Mike McCarthy worse than Jason Garrett?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2 games in....and I'm already ready to move on. Some of the dumbest decisions I can recall. I seriously don't know who is in charge. We should be 0-2. Not gonna say I miss Garrett...because change had to be made.....but come on man...this wasn't what I had in mind. There had to be over a dozen questionable decisions in this game.

Comments? :popcorn:
No. But he isnt what some fans have sold themselves on.

His record is eerily similar to Payton, but he is probably more in Ron Riveria's tier

Whyjerry

Reaction score
2 games in....and I'm already ready to move on. Some of the dumbest decisions I can recall. I seriously don't know who is in charge. We should be 0-2. Not gonna say I miss Garrett...because change had to be made.....but come on man...this wasn't what I had in mind. There had to be over a dozen questionable decisions in this game.

Comments? :popcorn:

I think the defense is the problem. That is squarely on Nolan who we knew was terrible. Also it’s not on Mike that Jerry handed huge contracts out to defenders that act like football is secondary.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Did the falcons players know that they didn't have to let the kick travel 10 yards. It was like a punt they all run away from the ball.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
And the fact he kept the players heads in the game and won count as for nothing. Both starting tackles out. Two starting lb's out. Starting cb out. Starting te gone for year. Counts for nothing? Ay dios mio.

he kept their head in the games ? Lol....so he personally spoke to each player and counseled each player to keep them from breaking down and giving up ? He had to keep Dak and Zeke and Gallup and the kicker from melting down emotionally huh ? Everyone was doing their jobs; it’s just that everyone else did their jobs better than him....except for the falcon kickoff team.

Last edited:

lukin2006

Reaction score
I’m far from impressed. This coaching staff needs to pull it together. Ha a coaching staff ever give themselves a closed door meeting where someone steps up and yells at them...if not, now is the time.

DanA

Reaction score
You’ve got the wrong coach. I’ve like what I’ve seen from Moore and McCarthy but I’m almost ready to move on from Mike Nolan. This defense just plain sucks.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Under Garrett, this team would have done just enough to lose a close game. Give the losers time to help.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no idea. Garrett has only been a head coach for Jerry Jones. You can't compare what McCarthy did in Green Bay to what Garrett did here. Two completely different situations.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I got Garrett flashbacks when we didn’t really attempt to get closer than a 46-yard FG at the end.

That was way too conservative and could’ve bitten us.

That didn't worry me @ all....Greg is probably good from 57 in....before his injury last year.....there wasn't a kicker I'd take over him for long distance kicking. Still don't think he is all the way back from last year.....or we aren't gonna push him for fear of losing him.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I would like to know if that is MM's call...or if the special teams coach is a nutbag. :popcorn:

History would suggest McCarthy spent 2019 playing Madden....
That's hilarious because those definitely are the types of decisions a Madden player would make. However, someone else mentioned, at least MM is playing to win. It's just so opposite of what experienced in the Garrett years.