Is Mike McCarthy worse than Jason Garrett?

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I’m struggling with how you posed the question. Yes, I’ve seen enough of MM’s regime to believe Aaron Rodgers saying MM has a low football I.Q. His same piss poor offense and boneheaded in game decisions are enough to make me wish Jerry had chosen someone else. I think he is a fraud who has already been exposed. But worse than Garrett ? Man, that makes the bar so incredibly low....but Garrett is worse.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to matter the thread. You show up and start trolling. Las herramientas pertenecen al cobertizo.
Trolling ??

Of course. You don’t like the message so attacking the messenger instead of addressing the content.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jason Garrett had 10 years to prove or disprove his mettle. He was average throughout. MM has had only one game and we're already comparing him to Garret, despite the fact that he's barely starting to gain familiarity with his team and its talent? That's, actually, an outrageously premature question to pose to this membership at this juncture. That would be a far better question to consider at mid season or later, imho.

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
I’m struggling with how you posed the question. Yes, I’ve seen enough of MM’s regime to believe Aaron Rodgers saying MM has a low football I.Q. His same piss poor offense and boneheaded in game decisions are enough to make me wish Jerry had chosen someone else. I think he is a fraud who has already been exposed. But worse than Garrett ? Man, that makes the bar so incredibly low....but Garrett is worse.

Well said. Totally agree.

Go Cowboys

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He should have gotten rid of Kellen Moore and called his own plays or bring in a play caller he has some exp with.

Without the fumbles, the Offenses would have been in the 600 easy. Maybe 700. I'll stick with Moore. I liked the play calling better. So weird. We can be like night and day. But finally lots of read option for Dak, play action, misdirection. I'll take that all season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes. An oc whose plays don't end up being fumbled. Imo, extraordinary performance by moore.

It's the play calling I've wanted to see. It's weird how it can be so diferent from week to week. Moore should stick with more of this week. Just tell guys to hold onto the ball.

I wonder if the conservatism last week was an attempt to protect the defense.

jjktkk

Reaction score
TMZ's CowboysZone correspondent Floatyworm with only two games in, overreaction thread. Nice job.:rolleyes:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
2 games in....and I'm already ready to move on. Some of the dumbest decisions I can recall. I seriously don't know who is in charge. We should be 0-2. Not gonna say I miss Garrett...because change had to be made.....but come on man...this wasn't what I had in mind. There had to be over a dozen questionable decisions in this game.

Comments? :popcorn:

Bad!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
That's hilarious because those definitely are the types of decisions a Madden player would make. However, someone else mentioned, at least MM is playing to win. It's just so opposite of what experienced in the Garrett years.

There is playing for the win.....and then there is doing dumb things in desperation. I think McCarthy sure has blurred the line between the two for sure.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
we're in good hands.
whatever Big Mc said to kellen moore worked.
im concerned about our defense but i think we'll find our footing.
i'll never be up-set about NOT having a losing record.

cern

Reaction score
he kept their head in the games ? Lol....so he personally spoke to each player and counseled each player to keep them from breaking down and giving up ? He had to keep Dak and Zeke and Gallup and the kicker from melting down emotionally huh ? Everyone was doing their jobs; it’s just that everyone else did their jobs better than him....except for the falcon kickoff team.
I bet he gave them all a hug at halftime. They came out fired up. We won with rookies, fa's and udfa's. That's great coaching.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You troll. It's all you do. When called out, you play the victim.

If you’re only going to attempt to discredit me with personal attacks than address my message. That’s trolling.

I’ll repeat my message again for you .

“2 horrible 4th down calls. And an awful decision going for 2 point conversion too early leaving us 2 scores down.

If not for Falcons unbelievably not falling on onside kick we’d be reeling at 0-2.

We didn’t win this game. Atlanta gave it away.”

cowboyec

Reaction score
mccarthy has won games garrett never has.
with no real off-season im giving them the 1st month to find their footing.
i think we're in good hands.
very impressed with what they are getting out of Steele...an udfa now starting OT.

cern

Reaction score
If you’re only going to attempt to discredit me with personal attacks than address my message. That’s trolling.

I’ll repeat my message again for you .

“2 horrible 4th down calls. And an awful decision going for 2 point conversion too early leaving us 2 scores down.

If not for Falcons unbelievably not falling on onside kick we’d be reeling at 0-2.

We didn’t win this game. Atlanta gave it away.”
The second 4th down call left much to be desired. But not the first. Going for 2 was not a bad call. If we make it, it's an emotional boost. 6 starters out and mac coaches a win. All you can do is squawk like a seagull. Maybe a blue footed booby.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The second 4th down call left much to be desired. But not the first. Going for 2 was not a bad call. If we make it, it's an emotional boost. 6 starters out and mac coaches a win. All you can do is squawk like a seagull. Maybe a blue footed booby.
Lol

That was a give away from Atlanta. They saved a total meltdown .

And of course those were bad calls . Pick up the paper or tune into the radio or TV and see what most will be reporting. Take off the blinders Mr CERN.

Amazing how you can’t handle the message. It burns so deep in you cause of its validity all you can do is insult me.

Cmac

Reaction score
No.....but he is about to let some dumb decisions get him needing to be out of here.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I’m going to wait longer than 2 games to judge MM.

I’ll say this. I’ve never thought Head Coach was the Cowboys biggest problem.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No.....but he is about to let some dumb decisions get him needing to be out of here.
He’ll get a pass this year because of the circumstances of our current situation regardless the results.

And we apparently have some fans who appear to be enjoying struggling with this coaching staff than the previous one. Lol

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
I can't get rid of a guy after two games but man he made some really bad mistakes today and last week. Almost like he's trying too hard.