Twitter: Is Sean Lee running the Defensive Meetings?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't say Lee is running the meetings, he was just going over tape and explaining things as he should being a veteran. I don't think that what they showed on AON illustrates anything out of the ordinary.

Agreed. Fans tend to latch onto individual moments they see or hear about and assume that one moment represents all the time - as if they don't comprehend that other things may go on other than what is seen in that individual moment. At least if it fits what they are prone to believe anyway. I'm sure Lee does stand up and take a leadership role - he is a captain, and the guy on the field that makes the defensive calls and he is respected by all his teammates. And it's not in any way unusual that a coach would want and allow a guy like that to take an active leadership role. But it doesn't somehow mean that player is doing and controlling everything on the defense and essentially handling the role of D-Coordinator. To come to that conclusion takes a HUGE stretch of the known facts.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Agreed. Fans tend to latch onto individual moments they see or hear about and assume that one moment represents things that cannot be know. At least if it fits what they are prone to believe anyway. I'm sure Lee does stand up and take a leadership role - he is a captain, and the guy on the field expected to communicate to the rest of the defense on the field, and he is respected by all his teammates. And it's not in any way unusual that a coach would want and allow a guy like that to take an active leadership role. But it doesn't somehow mean that player is doing everything and controlling everything on the defense and essentially handling the role of D-Coordinator. To come to that conclusion takes a HUGE stretch of the known facts.
Just like when Witten got together with all of the other captains to illustrate their above and beyond responsibilities. He came right out and said they would need to step up and be the leader. That's how it was when I played back in the old days anyway.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unbelievable how folks defend an inept coaching staff.

Nobody is saying the coaching staff is ideal, but even if they aren't it doesn't justify overblowing or twisting every blip in time as if it is indicative of sometime deeply telling and condemning. In this case, Lee addressing the defense does not prove that is acting as D-Coordinator. That's a massive and illogical stretch of the evidence, and recognizing that doesn't somehow equate to me saying the coaches are doing a great job.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have noticed that when they show players working out, Lee seems to always be around pushing them.

They could make the kid D coordinator today and I would be happy.

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
Sean Lee is the smartest lb in the game ever.
the thing that i like is that he is going to turn jaylon Smith and lve in to a good linebacker