Twitter: Is Sean Lee running the Defensive Meetings?

CashMan

Reaction score
Isn't all of this alarming from the organization? Romo said Jason is no an X's and O's guy. An ex-WR said Romo was running the Offensive meetings. Someone is saying Lee is running the Defensive meetings. What exactly is going on in Dallas. I beieve TO is 100% right in him saying Jason is the problem.

GMO415

Reaction score
Isn't all of this alarming from the organization? Romo said Jason is no an X's and O's guy. An ex-WR said Romo was running the Offensive meetings. Someone is saying Lee is running the Defensive meetings. What exactly is going on in Dallas. I beieve TO is 100% right in him saying Jason is the problem.
Romo was certainly running the offense during game time.....checking out of every run play...hahahaha. Come to think of it....that alone probably forced the Joneses to cut his butt when they drafted EzE.

Zman5

Reaction score
I have no doubt that Tony Romo understands offensive football better than Scott Linehan, and Sean Lee understands it better than Rod Marinelli.

In fact, I'd bet Romo knows defense better than Marinelli, too. It's what makes QBs like him so effective.

Yeh but can Romo clap better than JG? I doubt it. JG's job is safe.

DiResta

Reaction score
i dont know what kind of dc Lee would make, maybe not his thing managing the big picture who knows
but i know he will make a great LB coach and he needs to start in Dallas as soon as hes through playing

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's asinine to think Romo and Lee wre/are running all meetings on their side of the ball, and especially that either was the acting coordinator for their side of the ball. It's also asinine to think that players who actually call the signals and the shifts and changes at the line of scrimmage wouldn't have a role in the game planning, and in communicating with their teammates on that side of the ball prior to game day. Romo then on offense, and Lee now on defense, are the guys who have to make decisions on behalf of their entire unit, and who have communicate those decisions to their unit and make sure everyone is on the same page. Of course they would have a role in practice and meetings in doing that so the understanding and communication will be there when it happens on the field.

GMO415

Reaction score
He's the one managing the defense on the field and calling out the couches plays, therefore it may appear as if hes running the show, but the Def Coordinator calls the actual plays.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Need a field general like him in the secondary, particularly safety. That's why Earl Thomas would be great if they can get him...someone who is on that level of knowing the game. The secondary hasn't had someone like that since Woodson...even better when him and Dat Nguyen were here. Probably a reason why they weren't worse than 5-11 those years.

It's one thing to be just a good player but this defense needs more than that, they need at least 2 players who can understand the game like that while on the field.