Is the Garrett Delay telling?

Creeper

Reaction score
It seems to me, if you are going to fire a head coach you do it right away. This season was a major disappointment going back more than a month. Jerry had plenty of time to decide what to do. His indecision probably means Garrett will be the Cowboys HC in 2020. I think every other team where a HC firing was a possibility has already made its decisions. The Giants, Commanders, Panthers, Jags, Browns, announced what they intend to do. Only the Cowboys are showing indecision. Potential candidates have to be looking at this an wondering what they would be stepping into, as if the Jones clown show wasn't already enough. I get the feeling Jerry is orchestrating this so he can decide to keep Garrett. Hopefully, if he does, the media and fans will come down on him like a ton of bricks.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong but I think they are working out a short term deal for Garrett and working on the staff he'll have.

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
My bold prediction: Garrett will stay on the condition he cleans house and brings new OC and DC.
Once again Garrett will dodge responsibility and throw his coaching staff under the bus....all while clapping like the fool he is.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong but I think they are working out a short term deal for Garrett and working on the staff he'll have.

No way they are making contacts to potential staff coaches without it leaking out. That’s not what’s happening. Garrett is pleading for his job and Jerry is pleading with him to accept a different role.

cowboyec

Reaction score
No way they are making contacts to potential staff coaches without it leaking out. That’s not what’s happening. Garrett is pleading for his job and Jerry is pleading with him to accept a different role.
we'll see...but this sure don't feel like a departure.

and stuff about the staff is already leaking out.

willia451

Reaction score
Yes. It's telling me I don't have to hug the Zone so closely for news the next 48 hours or so.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I honestly think that they've offered Garrett a FO position and they're giving him the time to mull it over. He's stuck between deciding to take it or to throw his cap into the coaching carousel.

I truly don't believe there is any chance he's on the sidelines next year but I could be wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
we'll see...but this sure don't feel like a departure.

and stuff about the staff is already leaking out.

has it been reported that they have contacted anyone outside the organization for an assistant coaching job? When that happens, I’ll believe Garrett is staying.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I am sure that most expected some sort of news on the coaching situation by now. Is this “telling”?

I think it indicates that it is possible that Jerry is on the fence about keeping certain coaches, including Garrett.

Of course, there could be other valid reasons that no announcements have been made yet. I’m just sayin’....

It's telling me you guys have lost your minds. :D

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If this is to keep Garrett from the Giants, then Jerry is even dumber than I thought. He willing to let them hire a real coach instead of giving us two easy wins every year.

DoubleJHeat

Reaction score
If your gonna fire the guy fire him so he can move on with his life and interview for other jobs. Jerry needs to move quick. Washington already hired Rivera and Del Rio as DC.

cowboyec

Reaction score
has it been reported that they have contacted anyone outside the organization for an assistant coaching job? When that happens, I’ll believe Garrett is staying.
no.
i was talkin about what has come out regarding his current staff.

Brax

Reaction score
I am sure that most expected some sort of news on the coaching situation by now. Is this “telling”?

I think it indicates that it is possible that Jerry is on the fence about keeping certain coaches, including Garrett.

Of course, there could be other valid reasons that no announcements have been made yet. I’m just sayin’....
Threw Landry to the curb no problem, bounced Jimmy to the curb no problem, Wade gone, yet this sad sack of crap HC he can't part ways with. Now Jerry leaves for vacation and flips the fans off as he heads out, just everyone wait on king Jerry, who knows what the crazy old man will do. Sorry this whole organization is run by a old fool who believes he is the smartest football guy alive and the truth is he doesn't know jack about running a team. Jerry is worse than Al Davis.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Only thing telling about it is how it tells why we haven't won anything in 24 years:facepalm:

phildadon86

Reaction score
They did say Jerry wanted 24-48 hours to “marinate”.
Sources also say Jason told staff and other coaches to give everything 24-48 hours for everything to “settle”. Something’s up....

I however, also think Jerry just wants attention. He knows the Cowboys will always get clicks, media attention, views, spotlight, etc. You think he’s going to release his info the day other teams release their coaches? Nope. Gotta do it a separate day so you get all the attention and spotlight.
You got it buddy. Tomorrow is going to be a slow news day until jerry announces what is happening

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Jerry’s just trolling the haters and it’s his most fabulous move to date.