Is There Any Scenario You Envision Welcoming Garrett Back as HC?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nope just stick with one contractor even if he sucks. As long you get along, that's what's important. Not the quality of work. That relationship, that bond. Is he like a long lost son?
I’m not sure everyone recognizes our core issue. Our owner doesn’t want a contractor who could receive more credit for building a monument so we’re limited.

Our owner has tried winning championships with a better contractor but didn’t like it.

We are destined to have a shaky foundation until the owner gives it up.

Big_D

Reaction score
I’m not sure everyone recognizes our core issue. Our owner doesn’t want a contractor who could receive more credit for building a monument so we’re limited.

Our owner has tried winning championships with a better contractor but didn’t like it.

he's not getting any younger. I would expect that sense of urgency to kick in when the next coach arrives.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
he's not getting any younger. I would expect that sense of urgency to kick in when the next coach arrives.
We’ll see. I haven’t seen anything which provides me that hope.

As a matter of fact I’d argue the older he gets the more determined he’ll be to prove he can do it without a greater HC.

I believe he thinks he’s getting close and not going to abort now by bringing in someone who could steal his thunder like Jimmy did.

Big_D

Reaction score
We’ll see. I haven’t seen anything which provides me that hope.

As a matter of fact I’d argue the older he gets the more determined he’ll be to prove he can do it without a greater HC.

I believe he thinks he’s getting close and not going to abort now by bringing in someone who could steal his thunder like Jimmy did.

we'll see how 2019 ends.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
we'll see how 2019 ends.
We say this almost every year.

Apparently we still have fans that hope Jerry will change his ways?

I’ve maintained for years that barring a collapse this is about as good as it’s going to get. Jerry and now Stephen continue providing the tease which embeds some hope for fans but I suspect this is the best puppet they’ll find.

Big_D

Reaction score
We say this almost every year.

Apparently we still have fans that hope Jerry will change his ways?

I’ve maintained for years that barring a collapse this is about as good as it’s going to get. Jerry and now Stephen continue providing the tease which embeds some hope for fans but I suspect this is the best puppet they’ll find.

If that was the case garrett would've been extended already for another dozen years. But now that extension hinges on what he does or doesn't do in 2019 which tells me someone in the front office at least has half a brain.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If that was the case garrett would've been extended already for another dozen years. But now that extension hinges on what he does or doesn't do in 2019 which tells me someone in the front office at least has half a brain.
Or Jerry and Stephen are just making it seem like that to sell hope for the fans. Stephen even eluded that the fans deserve that. You appear to have more hope than I do.

Big_D

Reaction score
Or Jerry and Stephen are just making it seem like that to sell hope for the fans. Stephen even eluded that the fans deserve that. You have more hope than I do.

I'm hoping he's gone after the season because until that time comes there really is no hope.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
SJ and JJ have both made it clear in the media that the team needs to take a step forward in order for Garrett to be back. This might all be conjecture but if we take them at their word, what would JG have to do to be welcomed back by the fans? NFCCG appearance, NFC Title, SB appearance, SB win, or nothing at all?

Does it have to do more with how the team looks or how far they go?

Personally, he would have to win a SB for me to feel like he deserves to be back. What do y’all think?

Minimum for me is a NFC championship, at least an appearance in the Big Game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm hoping he's gone after the season because until that time comes there really is no hope.
But your assuming there’s hope with Jerry. Which there really hasn’t been for a couple decades. Except for a brief time with Parcells. Unfortunately, we don’t need another stadium built.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Minimum for me is a NFC championship, at least an appearance in the Big Game.
They didn’t specifically state what progress is. Looks like some fans are speculating.

I’d say they have simply thrown it out there to appease the fans . Which is basically what Stephen said.

Big_D

Reaction score
But your assuming there’s hope with Jerry. Which there really hasn’t been for a couple decades. Except for a brief time with Parcells. Unfortunately, we don’t need another stadium built.

Not assuming at all. What I'm hoping for is an improvement in coaching. There's only 1 choice since the owner is here to stay. This collaboration simply isn't working. He doesn't have to bring in a Parcells type. Just get a better Xs and Os type coach. Has to come down to his players. You want them to win something or you don't? Otherwise he's just spinning his wheels and wasting talent.. again.