Is there any way we can do better than Moore and Kitna?

blueblood70

Reaction score
The last 2 years of the Rams offense are vastly different from the 3 years McVay was OC for the skinnies. Few people outside of real coaches and staff thought this young guy could do what he has done with the rams. There is no way of knowing if a young guy like Moore will succeed or fail untill you give them the reins so either give him a shot or they'll more than likely end up with another past his prime OC like linehan.
TY im not happy wioth alateral move either but you have to give it a shot if thats what we are stuck with, all those know it alls say failure before it happens..

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
After watching these OC's in the playoffs, is there any freaking way we can do better than Moore and kitna and hold off on these idiots?

We should atleast do some serious homework on the staff of these 4 teams that have played today.

Really hoping jerry is putting more thought into this.
It has to be coaches that pose no threat to the thin skinned Garrett.........he can still play boss with Moore and Kitna.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
After watching these OC's in the playoffs, is there any freaking way we can do better than Moore and kitna and hold off on these idiots?

We should atleast do some serious homework on the staff of these 4 teams that have played today.

You really think they aren't doing their homework? They did put together a team that was good enough to win a playoff game. Some of yall think we lucked into that or it was an accident.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We’ve been justifying every season as JGs do or die season.

I don’t see this as being a thing.
He will stay as long as he wants. He gets out of Coach Jones way and does what he is told without question.

Yea, groundhog day but there is a chance:)

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TY im not happy wioth alateral move either but you have to give it a shot if thats what we are stuck with, all those know it alls say failure before it happens..

If they think he's a good coach then give him some help and let him goto work. Lean on coach nussmeir a bit and lets see if Moore can do what linehan failed to do. Garrett needs to guide him, give him some free reign and of course hold him accountable if things dont work. McVay doesn't do anything alone, he has good coordinators on both sides of the ball.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If they think he's a good coach then give him some help and let him goto work. Lean on coach nussmeir a bit and lets see if Moore can do what linehan failed to do. Garrett needs to guide him, give him some free reign and of course hold him accountable if things dont work. McVay doesn't do anything alone, he has good coordinators on both sides of the ball.
true most fans fail to realize this as the coaches are also a TEAM< and work together and maybe a SL was hard headed and to set in his ways to take advice from younger staff :)

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
If they really want Moore and Kitna why hasn't it already happened? I think at best they are back-up plans in case they can't get who they really want.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they really want Moore and Kitna why hasn't it already happened? I think at best they are back-up plans in case they can't get who they really want.

Look at it this way. The Front office was willing to keep linehan 1 more year if they could work things out but that didn't happen so they moved on. Do we really want them rushing this process or sit back and evaluate as many possibilities as they seem fit?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
What’s wrong with Kitna?
Nothing wrong.

It obviously signals a new type of offense like they run in these Arena League teams.

I would prefer someone with more experience.

On the other hand..

nobody is going to have a thick book of scouting material on him like with Linehan.

So this may prove interesting.

birdwells1

Reaction score
If he were forced to divorce himself from the Cowboys franchise tomorrow, in your opinion, he would cease to be a Cowboys fan then, given that he wouldn't be attached to any future success for the team.

Fwiw, I just think you've went overboard. That's not even barely conceivable from where I sit.

Say this out loud and see how it sounds, "my head coach just won back to back Super Bowl titles so I think I'll fire him". Does that make any sense unless you ego is larger than your love for the team and its success.

Common Sense

Reaction score

Let’s hope so, but I can’t imagine who it could possibly be at this point.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

The real title should be "Anyone is better than Kitna and Moore."

HellCrowe

Reaction score
This is prime decision making and quite expected of our FO. They hire within and to me that speaks to their business mindset. Loyalty. With that said, Kitna I actually do like.

He played with Romo, Megatron, Stafford and has a lot of experience in the NFL. Some of these other QB Coaches probably last played QB in HS and they move up in rank from on the job training. I actually feel more comfortable with him as QB coach than our hire last year.

AZBOYZFAN

Reaction score
Actually probably not due to Garrett having 1 year left on his contract. No assistant worth their salt will come to Dallas just to possibly be fired after next year

CCBoy

Reaction score
Better...hell yes.

I would see this as a form of final nepotism, where no matter what. Jerry chuckles to himself: I did it my way.

Here is one time that I would NOT give the man a pass. Even if it worked some, I wouldn't believe the man any more. Gone would then be his risk it all in the real world of pay for one's gamble. He would have subcumbed to an American made philosophy of cash flow is the relevant element alone.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Kitna I believe knows his stuff. He's played in numerous Offensives but is a totally different QB than what Dak is. Moore is most likely a Idiot and for certain garbage! What has he done for Dak? He will be a hollow OC because JG will be the real playcaller.

You are absolutely correct on the hollow OC, especially if Garrett takes over the playcalling duties. It's his playbook also. I'm starting to wonder though how much of Dak's development (or somewhat lack thereof) is on him? I have a hard time believing neither Walsh or Moore didn't try working on his mechanics, he still throws off his back foot a lot. I'm wondering if come game time he reverts back to what got him there instead of utilizing what he practiced.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Why is Kitna an idiot? What criteria are you using to judge him that way? Moore too for that matter. Moore isn’t experienced enough to be OC, but that is different than being an idiot.

You know the saying "Those who can't do, teach"? Granted Kitna may have been an interception machine but that doesn't mean he can't teach mechanics and what not...