Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Do we get to factor in how many games he missed due to injury or no? That seems somewhat important.

That’s the whole point. CeeDee is 11th in yards because of the laundry list of receivers who’ve missed time or have had other issues. Stating he’s 11th in yards as some de facto ranking of who they are as receivers is ignoring the context of how and why.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You keep bringing up things I’ve said as if I never said them. All WRs are up and down. Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, all of them.

You keep bringing this up as if I didn’t state it multiple times before because Your thinking is flawed, I’ll show you:

CeeDee you said was on pace for 1400 yards.

Because of the Vikings game, he’s already down to a projection below 1300 yards.

Your thinking is flawed... here, let me show you....lol ahhhhhhhhh.

Do you actually think Lamb's numbers will go down from here? Judging him with Cooper behind center is a joke. Our offense was like 29th with Cooper, because the coaches were absolutely going to depend on the defense and just have the offense not lose the game.

What has our offense been since Dak returned? I dont know, but damn sure not 29. Lambs numbers are going to continue to go up.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You keep bringing up things I’ve said as if I never said them. All WRs are up and down. Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, all of them.

You keep bringing this up as if I didn’t state it multiple times before because Your thinking is flawed, I’ll show you:

Because of the Vikings game, he’s already down to a projection below 1300 yards.

Let’s say, in hypothetical, he has a two game stretch like the 9ers playoff game and the Bucs season opener. He could very well have 2 big games, or that could happen as well; just a hypothetical. This would then drop him below 1100 projection. We’re still so early in the season it’s that close to tapering off.

If that were to happen, would you then claim he’s lost his status as a #1? Of course not, that’d be silly. Conversely, would you claim every receiver who’s averaging over 1000 yards is a true #1 as they’re playing as well as Lamb? No, you know you wouldn’t.

His statline this year doesn’t affect your opinion of him; you will fail to use it to affect the opinion of others when yours isn’t changed regardless. Trying to state it as “proof” of anything doesn’t really prove anything, he’s not defined by a 2-game swoon or a big game or even half a season, or for that matter even a big season on par with what Robert woods or Tyler Lockett or Allen Robinson or Adam Thielen have already done. A true #1 is more than that.

OK. Same goes for AJ then since their current numbers are close and comparable. True #1s are more than that and he's on par with Woods, Thielen etc...

cnuball21

Reaction score
Every game we win, Moore callas a good game. Every game we lose.... Moore is terrible. All these coordinators are good and they all get too much credit. Then they get hired as a head coach, usually go to a team that has a crappy QB and then they just flat suck and get fired.... unless they luck out and get the QB they needed. Let the Chiefs O-Coordinator got to the Lions and watch how much he sucks.

Moore is not good to me b/c he's incredibly inconsistent.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Your thinking is flawed... here, let me show you....lol ahhhhhhhhh.

Do you actually think Lamb's numbers will go down from here? Judging him with Cooper behind center is a joke. Our offense was like 29th with Cooper, because the coaches were absolutely going to depend on the defense and just have the offense not lose the game.

What has our offense been since Dak returned? I dont know, but damn sure not 29. Lambs numbers are going to continue to go up.

Will CeeDee’s numbers go up, down, or stay the same? We have no idea, and thus shouldn’t define his worth by half a season of unusual events.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That’s the whole point. CeeDee is 11th in yards because of the laundry list of receivers who’ve missed time or have had other issues. Stating he’s 11th in yards as some de facto ranking of who they are as receivers is ignoring the context of how and why.

agree, I mean if CeeDee had Dak the entire season, hed probably be 5th in rec. yards. Yep, context matters.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
agree, I mean if CeeDee had Dak the entire season, hed probably be 5th in rec. yards. Yep, context matters.

Ceed has averaged more yards with Rush since he had his first start than Dak. That hasn’t impacted his performance.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Unusual events? What unusual events?

Capping off 18 consecutive games without 100 yards receiving with a 140 yard game? Half the season with one QB and half with another? Half the season without Gallup and half with? Dominating in a loss to the Packers and then being inconsequential in a blowout against the Vikings? Getting creamed by TB and then going on a tear afterward?

The year has been a rollercoaster of crazy things happening for Lamb and the Dallas offense as a whole. What happens next can be just as unpredictable.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Moore is not good to me b/c he's incredibly inconsistent.

How the hell can you possibly know? Do you know how many times a play is called and then the QB audibles out of it? Then the play fails and your blaming Moore.

Or, a play is called and the WR is wide open and Dak checks down because he looked the WR off too soon? The niners coach is great... yes? I mean, did you see the play called last night where Kittle completely changed his route and broke deep and Jimmy G hit him for the TD??? But damn, what a great play call....smh. Cmon. Unless you are on the headset listening and knowing the design of the play, you are seriously grasping at straws to say a coordinator is inconsistent. The greatest play caller that ever lived could show up this week and call the Bears game and hed be absolute garbage.

DanA

Reaction score
Michael Gallup is just outside the top 100 in receiving yards. Do you believe there are 100 receivers better than Michael Gallup?

You might find a dozen or so outliers like Gallup in the top 100 but you’re only going to find a handful in the top 15.

Again, he’s 11th and ascending so far this season. Maybe you can drop him to 13th because a player or two is underrated and recovering (similar to Gallup) but you’d be hard pressed to drop him out of no.1 receiver territory.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Capping off 18 consecutive games without 100 yards receiving with a 140 yard game? Half the season with one QB and half with another? Half the season without Gallup and half with? Dominating in a loss to the Packers and then being inconsequential in a blowout against the Vikings? Getting creamed by TB and then going on a tear afterward?

The year has been a rollercoaster of crazy things happening for Lamb and the Dallas offense as a whole. What happens next can be just as unpredictable.

My point to my question is that those "Unusual," events is simply life in the NFL. Nothing surprises me and I would consider none of what you said "Unusual."

cnuball21

Reaction score
How the hell can you possibly know? Do you know how many times a play is called and then the QB audibles out of it? Then the play fails and your blaming Moore.

Or, a play is called and the WR is wide open and Dak checks down because he looked the WR off too soon? The niners coach is great... yes? I mean, did you see the play called last night where Kittle completely changed his route and broke deep and Jimmy G hit him for the TD??? But damn, what a great play call....smh. Cmon. Unless you are on the headset listening and knowing the design of the play, you are seriously grasping at straws to say a coordinator is inconsistent. The greatest play caller that ever lived could show up this week and call the Bears game and hed be absolute garbage.

I know b/c of the lack of targets he gets his play makers. Everyone whined about Cooper's lack of production last year but the dude had like 50+ less targets then a lot of other teams number 1s. Also - why in the heck did it take him this long to figure out to involve TP more...he's arguably the best playmaker on the team. I feel like getting your best play makers a high volume of targets and touches week in week out shouldn't be that hard. He hasn't proven to me he can consistently do that.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You might find a dozen or so outliers like Gallup in the top 100 but you’re only going to find a handful in the top 15.

Again, he’s 11th and ascending so far this season. Maybe you can drop him to 13th because a player or two is underrated and recovering (similar to Gallup) but you’d be hard pressed to drop him out of no.1 receiver territory.

Deebo Samuel has missed games and his offense has had real problems at QB despite him being all-pro last year. I would put him above lamb.

Deandre Hopkins has missed half the season with suspension but has blown Lamb away in ypg since he came back. Despite missing 6 games he still has an outside chance of catching Lamb, which is kind of incredible if you think about it.

Marquise Brown was outpacing Lamb and working on a 1500 yard season before he got injured. He was playing out of his mind.

Circumstance is also a big factor, Dallas had the #1 passing offense last year. Do you believe if DK Metcalf was traded for CeeDee Lamb he’d be physically incapable of replicating what Lamb has done so far in this offense?

We could come up with a few other names, but I would agree Lamb is in the 15-25 range as a WR. Is that a true #1? That falls to an opinion of what a true #1 means, what a few people in this thread are having trouble accepting. I view it as a statement player. Someone who defenses gameplan against, the reason you’re where you are today.

Technically you could say there are 32 teams so there are 32 WR1’s. Then is CeeDee one of them? Of course, if that’s all it means to you

cnuball21

Reaction score
Deebo Samuel has missed games and his offense has had real problems at QB despite him being all-pro last year. I would put him above lamb.

Deandre Hopkins has missed half the season with suspension but has blown Lamb away in ypg since he came back. Despite missing 6 games he still has an outside chance of catching Lamb, which is kind of incredible if you think about it.

Marquise Brown was outpacing Lamb and working on a 1500 yard season before he got injured. He was playing out of his mind.

Circumstance is also a big factor, Dallas had the #1 passing offense last year. Do you believe if DK Metcalf was traded for CeeDee Lamb he’d be physically incapable of replicating what Lamb has done so far in this offense?

We could come up with a few other names, but I would agree Lamb is in the 15-25 range as a WR. Is that a true #1? That falls to an opinion of what a true #1 means, what a few people in this thread are having trouble accepting. I view it as a statement player. Someone who defenses gameplan against, the reason you’re where you are today.

Technically you could say there are 32 teams so there are 32 WR1’s. Then is CeeDee one of them? Of course, if that’s all it means to you

Lamb almost had more yards in his first 2 years than Brown did in his first 3.

Took Deebo 3 years to crack 1000 - so you probably would’ve cut him bc apparently young players don’t continue to get better.

Metcalf? Idk…he’s productive but kinda a 1 trick pony so his route running worries me for long term and sustained success.

DanA

Reaction score

Let’s say, in hypothetical, he has a two game stretch like the 9ers playoff game and the Bucs season opener. He could very well have 2 big games, or that could happen as well; just a hypothetical. This would then drop him below 1100 projection. We’re still so early in the season it’s that close to tapering off.

If that were to happen, would you then claim he’s lost his status as a #1? Of course not, that’d be silly. Conversely, would you claim every receiver who’s averaging over 1000 yards is a true #1 as they’re playing as well as Lamb? No, you know you wouldn’t.

His statline this year doesn’t affect your opinion of him; you will fail to use it to affect the opinion of others when yours isn’t changed regardless. Trying to state it as “proof” of anything doesn’t really prove anything, he’s not defined by a 2-game swoon or a big game or even half a season, or for that matter even a big season on par with what Robert woods or Tyler Lockett or Allen Robinson or Adam Thielen have already done. A true #1 is more than that.

Consider how many times those guys have had 1,200 yard seasons.
  • Allen Robinson - 2/8 seasons
  • Tyler Lockett - 0/7 seasons
  • Adam Thielen - 2/8 seasons
  • Robert Woods - 1/9 seasons
Also compare averages and floors. Ceedee averages more than 1,000 yards a season and his floor in a healthy season is 935 yards. They aren’t close. Consistency matters and Ceedee has been consistent.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lamb almost had more yards in his first 2 years than Brown did in his first 3.

Took Deebo 3 years to crack 1000 - so you probably would’ve cut him bc apparently young players don’t continue to get better.

Metcalf? Idk…he’s productive but kinda a 1 trick pony so his route running worries me for long term and sustained success.

What do you mean continue to get better? This has nothing to do with who CeeDee becomes as a player, it’s who he is right now. 50 guys in the NFL *could* become #1’s, should we credit them all with already being one?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Consider how many times those guys have had 1,200 yard seasons.
  • Allen Robinson - 2/8 seasons
  • Tyler Lockett - 0/7 seasons
  • Adam Thielen - 2/8 seasons
  • Robert Woods - 1/9 seasons
Also compare averages and floors. Ceedee averages more than 1,000 yards a season and his floor in a healthy season is 935 yards. They aren’t close. Consistency matters and Ceedee has been consistent.

Why are we judging them by 1200 yard seasons but CeeDee by his 2 non-1200 yard seasons?