CFZ Is this almost a must-win game tomorrow?

Blackrain

Reaction score
The Eagles are undefeated and off this week The Giants play the lowly jaguars and it looks to me like we really need to win this game.

This is one of those games where nobody really has to be a hero but we can't have anybody making a ton of mistakes and being the goat either.

Detroit has a good offense and we need to keep them off the field which in my mind means stick to the running game.

With Dak coming back off injury there is no need to try and be the hero just don't turn the ball over Don't be hesitant and make good decisions.

As far as the rest of the team goes they just need to do their job Don't turn the ball over catch it when it's in your hands and for heaven's sake stop with the stupid penalties

If I see one more unsportsman like conduct or block in the back I think I'm taking a sabbatical from watching these games.

These penalties are absolutely game-altering and must be cleaned up or there will be no postseason let alone getting further in the postseason. Thoughts?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next 2 games are pretty much as close as you can get to must win games.
These are 2 teams we should beat. And you must win those type of games.

Also to keep pace with the Eagles and NYG, as well with the other 4-2 and 3-3 teams.
Quite a few other teams in the same place as we are. TB, GB, both 3-3. Need to win to stay ahead of them.
Then there are 3 NFCW teams at 3-3 also.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yes.

That have to win this game to keep morale up, and so this team establishes itself as a contender.

IMO, they still haven't done that. They lose this game, they will be 4-3 in the best division in the NFL. And their chances of getting in the playoffs start to decrease.

They gotta win here to keep themselves from being that average team whose chances depend on whether the refs can determine the outcome with a flag or not.

Yes, Detroit has a losing record. But they are better than their record says, so we have to beat them.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. Still have 10 games after this. Have a QB that hasn’t played in almost 2 months. Its a bad loss if they lose a home game to Detroit, no doubt, but if they win the following 5 it won’t matter.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I wouldn't say "must win" but it is very important, as we don't want to lose to any teams out of the division that the Eagles have already beaten.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say tomorrow’s game is a must win, but it’s pretty critical. The Cowboys are already two games behind Philly and one game behind the Giants so a loss tomorrow and another Philly win would make it very difficult for the Cowboys to make up 3 games with 10 left. Philly could very easily win 13+ games so the Cowboys have to start stringing a number of wins together. Tomorrow is one of those games where if the Cowboys lose the wheels could start coming off. This is a game they’re supposed to win and are favored to win and they need to win. The Cowboys can’t allow the loss to Philly last week to derail their season. They have to bounce back with a good performance tomorrow.

NickZepp

Reaction score
It won't kill the team to lose this one but you should win most of the games the next 6 weeks or so. Maybe the Minnesota game is the only one Dallas won't be favored in.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The Eagles are undefeated and off this week The Giants play the lowly jaguars and it looks to me like we really need to win this game.

This is one of those games where nobody really has to be a hero but we can't have anybody making a ton of mistakes and being the goat either.

Detroit has a good offense and we need to keep them off the field which in my mind means stick to the running game.

With Dak coming back off injury there is no need to try and be the hero just don't turn the ball over Don't be hesitant and make good decisions.

As far as the rest of the team goes they just need to do their job Don't turn the ball over catch it when it's in your hands and for heaven's sake stop with the stupid penalties

If I see one more unsportsman like conduct or block in the back I think I'm taking a sabbatical from watching these games.

These penalties are absolutely game-altering and must be cleaned up or there will be no postseason let alone getting further in the postseason. Thoughts?
Hells - Bells, it is for Prescot!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Seems most are on board we can't afford to fall any further behind if we want to stay in the hunt.

This team has to start really playing smart.

I hope when it's all said and done we don't look back at that Eagles game as the turning point because it was very winnable just beyond the skill level of Cooper Rush.

We really could beat everyone we are supposed to beat and it's still not be enough