Video: Is Tony Romo a Hall of Famer? Jesse Holley says

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
This is the Daily Troll by the Dak slobberers :facepalm:
We really can’t find any fake Dak propaganda stats on Twitter anymore, can we? Everyone on this forum knows Tony isn’t going to make the Hall of Fame, but yeah let’s have a bunch of brainless Dak slobberers blow off some steam against their strawman.

robjay04

Reaction score
He doesn’t have a ring and he wasn’t a top 5 QB of his era. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Big Ben should all be placed higher. You can argue he’s better than Ben maybe(I wouldn’t) but not the others. He doesn’t even have a MVP, he was never once considered “the best” at any point of his career.

There are hundreds of quality players that have their career limited due to circumstances out of their control. That’s part of the game and shouldn’t be an argument for the hall of fame.

If Garrett was that bad, Romo should’ve been in Jerry’s ear and not going to sporting events with Jason.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Given when Romo retired versus the other HOF QBs of his era (Brady, Brees, Rogers, etc.) he might actually have a clear path in that there will be no other QBs that need to get in ahead of him. I don't see it being enough, though.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
His terrible playoff record and 0 championship appearances will hold him out of the HOF. Plus he had some bad seasons whether due to injury or losing records.

Bad coaching is a big part of it but his late game picks will be on those guys mind. Not even including how Cowboy players have to be the absolute best at their position to get in. Look at the long list of Cowboy guys that aren't in but have had better careers than some of the guys that are in.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Given when Romo retired versus the other HOF QBs of his era (Brady, Brees, Rogers, etc.) he might actually have a clear path in that there will be no other QBs that need to get in ahead of him. I don't see it being enough, though.
Romo won't be considered for the Hall of Fame on 1st ballot or many after. Those other guys will play some more years, retire and after 5 years still get in before Romo is considered.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He doesn’t have a ring and he wasn’t a top 5 QB of his era. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Big Ben should all be placed higher. You can argue he’s better than Ben maybe(I wouldn’t) but not the others. He doesn’t even have a MVP, he was never once considered “the best” at any point of his career.

There are hundreds of quality players that have their career limited due to circumstances out of their control. That’s part of the game and shouldn’t be an argument for the hall of fame.

If Garrett was that bad, Romo should’ve been in Jerry’s ear and not going to sporting events with Jason.

All those guys are better than Romo, but if Romo was on half those teams he probably wins a SB and gets into the HOF.

I do agree however, that Romo should have been in Jerry's ear. But maybe he was. We know that Garrett demanded that he have more control over the offense and what plays he ran before he signed his contract. Maybe Romo was one of the big proponents to getting Garrett stripped of his play calling duties. We all know how much Jerry refused to fire Garrett.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Let them all in for crying out loud. I respect Holley's opinion and knowledge of the NFL game, but this is ridiculous. Romo was a very good to sometimes great QB, but not a HOFer. While I agree with Holley that the organization lacked coaching for much of Romo's career, but as robjay04 mentioned above, that's not a valid argument for the HOF.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is the Daily Troll by the Dak slobberers :facepalm:
We really can’t find any fake Dak propaganda stats on Twitter anymore, can we? Everyone on this forum knows Tony isn’t going to make the Hall of Fame, but yeah let’s have a bunch of brainless Dak slobberers blow off some steam against their strawman.
You're the one one who brought up a QB that this article is NOT about. You and your slobbering comments are obsessed with Prescott.
If anyone is trolling its you, no one else mentioned him. Just stop.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No, overall win loss would not get him there and no success in post season. Personally I think Romo was a very good player over the course of his career but the things they tend to look at when voting for HOF is just not there.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
No, overall win loss would not get him there and no success in post season. Personally I think Romo was a very good player over the course of his career but the things they tend to look at when voting for HOF is just not there.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with having a very good NFL career and not being a HOFer. In general, the HOF will lose its luster if it becomes the Hall of Very Good.