Video: Is Tony Romo a Hall of Famer? Jesse Holley says

quickccc

Reaction score
of course he is gonna get into the Hall of Fame .... he's a Dallas Cowboys - America's Team, the most popular
sports team in all the world. .. the TV ratings getter .... the team everyone interested in football wants to see,..the team most college players want to be drafted to ... and he plays the most attention getting, flamboyant position among all NFL positions.

Then you will hear the Favre gun slinger improvising on the run comparisons,... the "Jedi Knight " nickname,
and Babe Laufenberg laden stats of 2nd best 4th Quarter comeback in NFL history notes (and mind you, that's its never 2 minute warning comeback QBs but 3rd into 4th quarter stats)

Being a Cowboy and being seen as an exciting darign gun slinger - and likely promoted by Jerry who
will always promote "his" version and era Cowboys boyz ...will get Romo in the Hall of Fame... book it.

it's just a matter of 1st 2nd ballot or 3rd time ballot. ..imo. :D

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I've always suspected this. We know Garrett loved calling plays, thought he was good at it, and never wanted to give it up. So why did Jerry take it from his adopted son? I bet it was because of Tony, the one non family member Jerry loved more than Garrett. We know Tony wasn't the biggest Jason fan and said on national TV that Jason wasn't really an Xs and Os guy. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony told Jerry he wasn't happy, and Jerry said I'm not firing Jason but I will compromise and hire a different oc to give you a different play caller.

Yep...……….Jerry basically did everything twice, but fire Garrett. Poor Romo's career was wasted. Witten, Ware. AT least Ware went somewhere else and won a championship.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I've always suspected this. We know Garrett loved calling plays, thought he was good at it, and never wanted to give it up. So why did Jerry take it from his adopted son? I bet it was because of Tony, the one non family member Jerry loved more than Garrett. We know Tony wasn't the biggest Jason fan and said on national TV that Jason wasn't really an Xs and Os guy. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony told Jerry he wasn't happy, and Jerry said I'm not firing Jason but I will compromise and hire a different oc to give you a different play caller.
Also explains why in 2016, Jason was the main one who wanted to not return to Tony.
He was winning, had a guy in Dak who would do everything he was told, and he had a built in excuse if he lost in the playoffs.
And also the one who said if Tony returned in 2017, he would not get a fair shot (didn't use the word “fair”) to earn his job back.
He convinced Jerry, and Dak made it easier togo along because he was playing well in his own right.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
When you care more about learning how to throw spirals from different arm angles than winning or losing, you don’t deserve to be in the HoF.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I WOULD EASILY PUT Danny White in the HOF before Tony Romo. Its not even close. Go check his record.
Romo is White. Coming along after a great SB winning QB. Wins a lot of games and gets the stats. But never get the ring..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Romo is White. Coming along after a great SB winning QB. Wins a lot of games and gets the stats. But never get the ring..
very true, but what I am saying, Danny led his team to 3 NFC TITLE GAMES. Romo didnt do that. Jerry didnt do ROMO many favors at times.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Danny had to follow Roger Staubach. Romo had to follow..Quincy Carter and Drew Bledsoe lol...nuff said.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
very true, but what I am saying, Danny led his team to 3 NFC TITLE GAMES. Romo didnt do that. Jerry didnt do ROMO many favors at times.
LOL... he didn’t “lead” them anywhere, he was dragged kicking and screaming to the playoffs where he then played horribly to help send them home. He was the second most intercepted QB of his era, and his play dropped off considerably in the playoffs. He wasn’t anywhere close to as good as Romo, and he can’t even get in the Ring of Honor, so I can assure you his HOF chances are about as empty as what’s between your ears. Stop taking drugs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched a video last night on Jurgensen. They praised his ability to throw with incredible accuracy and perfect spiral every time. They showed clips. Very impressive.
I watched him live and he put the zip in passing. He could get the ball on the receiver so fast that they had to have special training for catching his passes for the new receivers that joined the team but he could also put touch on a pass out of the backfield or a screen.

What made him a fun player was his personality and beer belly. He'd come up to center looking like pregnant woman in her 6th month. I detested the Skins but he was hard to dislike and he'd have been easy to like as your own QB.

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
I watched him live and he put the zip in passing. He could get the ball on the receiver so fast that they had to have special training for catching his passes for the new receivers that joined the team but he could also put touch on a pass out of the backfield or a screen.

What made him a fun player was his personality and beer belly. He'd come up to center looking like pregnant woman in her 6th month. I detested the Skins but he was hard to dislike and he'd have been easy to like as your own QB.
Thanks for the story. That’s great.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Disagree respectfully and completely

Put Romo on Danny’s teams and he has multiple SBs

jmo, of course
Romo couldn’t survive in an era where QBs are protected and the turf was soft. He would have been chewed up and spit out in no time playing in Danny’s era.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Romo couldn’t survive in an era where QBs are protected and the turf was soft. He would have been chewed up and spit out in no time playing in Danny’s era.

This is one of those things that's half true. The other half is most of the people hitting him would be smaller and slower, and if he can spin move juke JJ Watt what do you think he's doing to some dude that smoked in the locker room instead of taking designer steriods?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is one of those things that's half true. The other half is most of the people hitting him would be smaller and slower, and if he can spin move juke JJ Watt what do you think he's doing to some dude that smoked in the locker room instead of taking designer steriods?
But wouldn't he also be smaller and slower?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He doesn’t have a ring and he wasn’t a top 5 QB of his era. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Big Ben
I'm not sure if he has a case or not but I am sure of a few things.
1) He was a lot better than most want to admit. Public perception was largely swayed by the hatchet job the media did on him after the botched hold in Seattle.
2) Is there another time in history that there were so many HOF QB's active? It has to Manning(s), right?. Wilson came in the middle of his run. Plus other very good QB's like Rivers or guys like Flacco that got hot at the right time. I mean that's just bad timing. To get an MVP during those years, you are going to have to be on SB winner. Like the great players that played during the Jordan era who were overshadowed.

robjay04

Reaction score
I'm not sure if he has a case or not but I am sure of a few things.
1) He was a lot better than most want to admit. Public perception was largely swayed by the hatchet job the media did on him after the botched hold in Seattle.
2) Is there another time in history that there were so many HOF QB's active? It has to Manning(s), right?. Wilson came in the middle of his run. Plus other very good QB's like Rivers or guys like Flacco that got hot at the right time. I mean that's just bad timing. To get an MVP during those years, you are going to have to be on SB winner. Like the great players that played during the Jordan era who were overshadowed.

Well we did have Marino, Aikman, Young, Elway, Favre and Kelly not too long ago.

But I agree with your point. Romo is an outstanding QB—I am mainly going by what I believe the people who make these decisions would feel when his name comes up.