Is Wade Phillips the Coach we need?

Darkhound

Reaction score
I am starting to think... that this "soft" guy might not be the answer we need.
I think that given the players and personalities we have, we need a coach with more "poise" and determination.

I think that a team does reflect a coache's spirit.

Any comments?
Develop....

superpunk

Reaction score
No, and Tony isn't the QB we need, and this isn't the lameass, feigned innocence, introspective thread we need.

Darkhound

Reaction score
I think Tony still has a chance to improve. But i sense Wade with a lack of spirit and i see him as a "mediocre" coach that settles for things

Boysboy

Reaction score
Darkhound;2312768 said:
I am starting to think... that this "soft" guy might not be the answer we need.
I think that given the players and personalities we have, we need a coach with more "poise" and determination.

I think that a team does reflect a coache's spirit.

Any comments?
Develop....

By any chance, have you bothered to see any of Andy Reid's PCs? He says things like, "It's my fault for not preparing my team", "Our guys played hard and I'm proud of them"(this coming after a LOSS, that is), etc, etc.

It's funny how 90% of Zoners think Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL, while Wade is nothing but a cupcake.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Why don't you go ahead and tell us who is the ideal coach for this team and how we get him?

By any chance, have you bothered to see any of Andy Reid's PCs? He says things like, "It's my fault for not preparing my team", "Our guys played hard and I'm proud of them"(this coming after a LOSS, that is), etc, etc.

It's funny how 90% of Zoners think Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL, while Wade is nothing but a cupcake.
Yep, I saw him at the podium saying almost verbatim what Wade says after a loss in taking blame for the loss. Not sure why it's okay for him to use the generic coach-speak but it's a sin when our coach does it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think anyone who wants to be at least fair and objective will give Wade a real opportunity to prove himself. He has been the HC all of 1 year and 5 games. Most coaches get a least a chance many around here have given Wade none because they wanted someone different to begin with. Hell we have some who will claim that win or lose the SB that We need a change? That is a no win situation they have placed on Phillips.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2312788 said:
Why don't you go ahead and tell us who is the ideal coach for this team and how we get him?

I am and you can offer me peanuts and crackjacks to take the job. =)

Darkhound

Reaction score

I think a coach like Cowher, or Marty marty schottenheimer would be a better choice.

Mash

Reaction score
Why not give Wade a fair chance?

Was Parcells the right man for this job? What did we give him? 3 years?

Wade has been here a Year and a half........maybe we should give him a little time.

btw.......Is Romo the QB that we need to lead this team?.....I mean...he has had more time then Wade to prove is worth :rolleyes:

Velvet Jones

Reaction score

Good point. Just as long as nobody says Bill Cowher :( But you know the answer is Garrett. Everyone loves the backup player once the starter has a bad game or two. If it weren't for Johnson, we would be hearing calls to replace the QB also.

links18

Reaction score
I think we need to fire Wade now and hire Jim Mora, Sr. so the next time we lose we can hear him say "PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about PLAYOFFS." I bet that is a great motivator. Did wonders for Peyton Manning.:)

Darkhound

Reaction score
links18;2312811 said:
I think we need to fire Wade now and hire Jim Mora, Sr. so the next time we lose we can hear him say "PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about PLAYOFFS." I bet that is a great motivator. Did wonders for Peyton Manning.:)

ROTFL.. you made me spill my coffee!!!!

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Darkhound;2312803 said:
I think a coach like Cowher, or Marty marty schottenheimer would be a better choice.

Doh! Already the Cowher chants. What, exactly, did Cowher do in the playoffs before his magic run? And Marty? You are talking about replacing a coach that can't win post season with coaches that are famous for chocking post season.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
Wade is a good coach. I think our Defense did a good job with Man Coverage. If you noticed, it was the rookie Mike Jenkins that was getting lost in coverage when he was covering TJ. Which burned us on both TD's.

I have a feeling that if we stick with Man Coverage; our secondary will only improve.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Ok guys... i think we are all entitles to our opinions.
Belive me... I still have Faith in Romo and I had my doubts for Wade but I cannot deny to think hwat if we had somone else.....

There will always be questions here and there....
How many of you belived or were "happy" when we had Dave campo. He could never get us beyond 5 wins..

And How long before Garret is the HC... if he even becomes...

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2312816 said:
Doh! Already the Cowher chants. What, exactly, did Cowher do in the playoffs before his magic run? And Marty? You are talking about replacing a coach that can't win post season with coaches that are famous for chocking post season.

Give me the chin....

http://i8.***BLOCKED***/albums/a49/Monponsett/chin1.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Funny how Wade took on the blame on penalties yet yesterday once again we had 6 on the game much improved over the double digit flags in the 1st 3 games yet no one bothers to mention it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Oh, don't worry... RJ will probably ascend to his rightful position next year.

And then he can tell the whole team, not just the offense, that he won't take the Commanders putting nine in the box as an excuse this year.

No, F that. He's running the ball anyway.