Is Zeke a top 3 running back?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
OK .......I'll concede Barley, maybe, but no way in hell I'm putting Bell or Kamara over Zeke.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...acks-across-the-league-and-left-ezekiel-ellio

NFL.com ranked running backs across the league and left Ezekiel Elliott out of the top three
The Cowboys getting disrespected.

By RJ Ochoa@rjochoa Jun 18, 2019, 4:30pm CDTSHARE
1081704076.jpg.0.jpg
Photo by Harry How/Getty Images
Ezekiel Elliott is perhaps the best running back in football. This is a common assumption.

Zeke has been in the NFL for three seasons now and has two rushing titles decorating his mantle. He may very well have a third if not for his much-debated suspension in 2017, but still, two out of three is very good. In fact, it’s elite.

To many, Elliott is the gold standard at the running back position. He excels in every way that a running back should, his lone weak spot is contributions via the passing game, and that’s more Scott Linehan’s fault than anything else.

John813

Reaction score
Be curious to see how Kamara does next year without Ingram.

Kamara, as a pure RB doesn't have the bellcow stats, but the Saints use the short passing game and his skill set to pick up yardage on the flats or short routes moreso than traditionally running the ball.

He has recorded 162 catches his first two years and 31 total TDs spliting time with Ingram.
His total yardage is at 3,150+ yards on 476 touches. 6.6 yards per touch.

Not saying he's better, but he has been used in a different way and has been great in his role.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK .......I'll concede Barley, maybe, but no way in hell I'm putting Bell or Kamara over Zeke.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...acks-across-the-league-and-left-ezekiel-ellio

NFL.com ranked running backs across the league and left Ezekiel Elliott out of the top three

1081704076.jpg.0.jpg
Ezekiel Elliott is perhaps the best running back in football. This is a common assumption.

Zeke has been in the NFL for three seasons now and has two rushing titles decorating his mantle. He may very well have a third if not for his much-debated suspension in 2017, but still, two out of three is very good. In fact, it’s elite.

To many, Elliott is the gold standard at the running back position. He excels in every way that a running back should, his lone weak spot is contributions via the passing game, and that’s more Scott Linehan’s fault than anything else.

I think a reasonable person could put Zeke, Barkley, Gurley and Kamara in whatever order they choose. With Bell sitting out last season he lost his claim to that kind of ranking.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If it weren't for his off-the-field shenanigans I would easily put him in at least the top 5. The article above mentions his lack of contribution to the passing game. Thats more on Garrett and his sorry system for failing to use all the weapons he has.

Section446

Reaction score
Definitely top-5... Once you get that low, it's hard to say definitively who's better. I think that before he took a year off, Bell was the alpha RB, but now it's kind of up in the air.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

1081704076.jpg.0.jpg

Zeke finished second in yards from scrimmage last season while Bell was riding jet skis in Florida.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Barkley is terrific but reminds me of Barry. Loses too many yards trying to dance around everybody. Lower your head and take the 2 yard gain when nothing is there, don't lose 3 yards trying to make something out of nothing....

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Zeke, Barkley, and (a healthy) Gurley.

Bell will be injured before week 5 because he's been out of football so long and I'd put McCaffery over Kamara 8 days a week.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Barkley and Elliott were on the open market, Barkly would get paid more
Can't even imagine Barkley behind out line.

Bell is terrific, but at this stage in his career, Zeke is better...imo.

I like Kamara, but his comp is McCaffery, not Zeke.