Is Zeke a top 3 running back?

aria

Reaction score
I appreciate you posting that. It was a long read but still interesting. However, I'm not one to give it alot of.valifstion because.i don't particularly like analysis where you are saying, *Well look if you take this and that away.."

I mean..you can't. Obviously he did those things and he definitely has another gear that Zeke doesn't have that allows him to bust those big runs that we simply don't really see Zeke make. It's a part of Barkley's game that's a positive that's being spun as a negative in this narritive.

I'd still like to see how many yards each gained last year after first contact and how.many carries for loss each had if anyone knows how to find that info.

Also have to keep in mind with these stats who each back played for. But as I said, an interesting read.
Not sure about yards after contact but Barkley literally had at least twice, if not three times, the amount of broken tackles Zeke had.

Too lazy to look it up but I may have posted it in this thread.

Edit: Found yards after contact, surprise surprise, look who’s number 1. That doesn’t matter though, Zeke had more yards and that’s all you need to know to tell who the best RB is. Throw the O line and other stats at the window, they’re meaningless unless Zeke is at the top.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...saquon-barkley-headlines-2018s-top-rbs-in-yac

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Not sure about yards after contact but Barkley literally had at least twice, if not three times, the amount of broken tackles Zeke had.

Too lazy to look it up but I may have posted it in this thread.

Edit: Found yards after contact, surprise surprise, look who’s number 1. That doesn’t matter though, Zeke had more yards and that’s all you need to know to tell who the best RB is. Throw the O line and other stats at the window, they’re meaningless unless Zeke is at the top.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...saquon-barkley-headlines-2018s-top-rbs-in-yac

Good stuff.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OK .......I'll concede Barley, maybe, but no way in hell I'm putting Bell or Kamara over Zeke.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...acks-across-the-league-and-left-ezekiel-ellio

NFL.com ranked running backs across the league and left Ezekiel Elliott out of the top three
The Cowboys getting disrespected.

By RJ Ochoa@rjochoa Jun 18, 2019, 4:30pm CDTSHARE
1081704076.jpg.0.jpg
Photo by Harry How/Getty Images
Ezekiel Elliott is perhaps the best running back in football. This is a common assumption.

Zeke has been in the NFL for three seasons now and has two rushing titles decorating his mantle. He may very well have a third if not for his much-debated suspension in 2017, but still, two out of three is very good. In fact, it’s elite.

To many, Elliott is the gold standard at the running back position. He excels in every way that a running back should, his lone weak spot is contributions via the passing game, and that’s more Scott Linehan’s fault than anything else.

i agree...i would pick Barkley as #1...but then its totally Zeke...no Kamara or Bell or any other of them jokers

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
OK .......I'll concede Barley, maybe, but no way in hell I'm putting Bell or Kamara over Zeke.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...acks-across-the-league-and-left-ezekiel-ellio

NFL.com ranked running backs across the league and left Ezekiel Elliott out of the top three
The Cowboys getting disrespected.

By RJ Ochoa@rjochoa Jun 18, 2019, 4:30pm CDTSHARE
1081704076.jpg.0.jpg
Photo by Harry How/Getty Images
Ezekiel Elliott is perhaps the best running back in football. This is a common assumption.

Zeke has been in the NFL for three seasons now and has two rushing titles decorating his mantle. He may very well have a third if not for his much-debated suspension in 2017, but still, two out of three is very good. In fact, it’s elite.

To many, Elliott is the gold standard at the running back position. He excels in every way that a running back should, his lone weak spot is contributions via the passing game, and that’s more Scott Linehan’s fault than anything else.

Meh, Top 5.

Let's not mythicalize this above average RB.
Where has he been?
In the NFL, I mean.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Zeke led the NFL in carries in 2016 and 2018. Even in 2017, when he was suspended 6 games, he was 10th in carries and led the league in carries per game.

So the RB with the most carries has the most fumbles. Shocker. :rolleyes:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Zeke led the NFL in carries in 2016 and 2018. Even in 2017, when he was suspended 6 games, he was 10th in carries and led the league in carries per game.

Exactly!

Let's keep this same energy when it comes to rushing yards. He has the most Carrie's, he should have the most rushing yards.

But it is bad that DeMarco had more carries and the same amount of fumbles.

aria

Reaction score

But ratio wise it wasn’t even close. Barkley had ~40 less carries and 0 fumbles compared to Zeke’s 6. IIRC, Gurley had one or two max, maybe even zero.