Is Zeke a top 3 running back?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Are you serious? WTH is an elusiveness rating? Just more armchair quarterback and fantasy football scientific bs. That’s just lame.
Yes I'm seriously stating stats.

Elusive rating accounts for how many tackles a RB eludes or breaks per rush.

I agree that it's lame to blindly neglect everything that doesnt align with what you think.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke grows up socially and at this point in time - I believe him to be as good (or better) than the others. It is the OL however, that Zeke owes a lot of his stats to. Remember how well McFadden ran behind the excellent OL a couple years ago ...
I remember zeke nearly getting the same amount of yards in 10 games when he was suspended and still leading the league in YPG..lets stop trying to diminish what zeke is and what he does..this is seriously dumb.. first off Dmac was great back in his own right and even when he landed here he was still starting caliber..Zeke is NOT a product of the line hes been great since PeeWEE was star in college and is crushing the nfl regardless of where he was going to play.. sure its nice for him to get good line play but seriously our line the last 2 years has been pieced together with injuries and rookies, backups etc its NOT the 2016 line it once was, see sack totals and all the snaps in the rams game where zeke was getting touched a yard behind the line at the snap.. Over evaluating the line because when it was fully healthy and had different players who are now gone , different positions, and or now injured and in and out of the lineup..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I guess Emmitt really was a JAG and the 12 HOF players, Coaches, and no cap along with his line defense etc made him and Barry sanders was so much better then him and Smith was product of his team and longevity..that the dumb arguments we are debating here..

right

keysersoze

Reaction score
Yes I'm seriously stating stats.

Elusive rating accounts for how many tackles a RB eludes or breaks per rush.

I agree that it's lame to blindly neglect everything that doesnt align with what you think.
That’s not a stat. It’s made up by fantasy footballers and geeks.

JBS

Reaction score
I've never seen Barkley go backwards sideways like Berry. I've not seen him get negative yards he's always going forward. You have to watch the competition to comment on the competition

is this a joke? it absolutely has to be

JBS

Reaction score

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I guess Emmitt really was a JAG and the 12 HOF players, Coaches, and no cap along with his line defense etc made him and Barry sanders was so much better then him and Smith was product of his team and longevity..that the dumb arguments we are debating here..

right

What?

blueblood70

Reaction score
it was a lot of posters are insinuating this Cowboy OL and the OC running a lot has been the real reason zekes good VS his talent, well then Emmitt had MORE talent around him plus coaches and a better system..so if that were true and its only 10% RB talent for the success , well add Emmitt and Tony in there because Sanders had none of it and still put up numbers..

Hadenough

Reaction score
Be curious to see how Kamara does next year without Ingram.

Kamara, as a pure RB doesn't have the bellcow stats, but the Saints use the short passing game and his skill set to pick up yardage on the flats or short routes moreso than traditionally running the ball.

He has recorded 162 catches his first two years and 31 total TDs spliting time with Ingram.
His total yardage is at 3,150+ yards on 476 touches. 6.6 yards per touch.

Not saying he's better, but he has been used in a different way and has been great in his role.
I was thinking the same about Kamara. His numbers could really go up but I'm not sure he is durable enough. Would you take him over Zeke or Bell in a fantasy draft?

John813

Reaction score
I was thinking the same about Kamara. His numbers could really go up but I'm not sure he is durable enough. Would you take him over Zeke or Bell in a fantasy draft?

Standard or PPR?

Really tough. It would probably go:
1A: Zeke
1B: Kamara
3: Bell

Prior to Zekes year last year(catches) for PPR I would put Zeke third.
Now with him being a receiving threat(don't matter if it's all dump offs) he's definitely in the top 1/2 spots.

I think Bell could be in a rude awakening going from Big Ben and Tomlin to Darnold and Gase.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Standard or PPR?

Now with him being a receiving threat(don't matter if it's all dump offs) he's definitely in the top 1/2 spots.

I think Bell could be in a rude awakening going from Big Ben and Tomlin to Darnold and Gase.
Its PPR
I dont think Bell is going to perform nearly as well either. He doesnt realize how well he had it in Pitt.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Standard or PPR?

not even adding SB at all?i guess this year will tell us alot

Fontaine

Reaction score
It’s messed up how little respect zeke gets when compared to other RBs. He’s the best league, he’s lead in rushing yards every years he’s played a full schedule. It’s even more impressive when you look at how predictable the offense has been under Linehan.

cern

Reaction score
The better a team's OL, the less need for a top 3 RB. Murray was a straight line power runner yet he led the league in rushing with that OL and what did he do afterwards?

Put the money up front where run and pass blocking are necessities. As well as a defense and they going to need some big bucks to keep some of the D players.

A top 3 RB isn't a necessity. NE hasn't had one but they have had a top 5 OL and top 10 run game every time they've won it all.

Keep the emphasis on that OL and this team can make it with a first contract RB(s).
Spock like logical.