It’s early but this offseason has been a drag

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What's tiring and ruining the forum is when every Tom, Dick and Harry (or WhyJerry?) starts another new post with the exact same topic as a half dozen other threads and thinking they are somehow adding something new. Just post this trash in one of the other threads instead of starting another woe is me, we haven't done anything in free agency yet. Especially when you knew it was going to be this way.

What makes you the judge of content? Don’t like it, move on. Losers like you just love the internet. You get to take shots at people and act as if you are smarter and above it all. You’re not. Your mommy may have told you that you are the best and brightest. You’re not. Don’t like the thread, move on.

kevm3

Reaction score
Yep, because every team that wins the Super Bowl blows their load in free agency the year they win. Oh wait, usually they win the Super Bowl with rising players and then have trouble paying them because they won a Super Bowl.

Look at the Eagles, for the most part they were homegrown when they won the Super Bowl....now they are having to cut guys or let them walk. It is a vicious cycle. Some teams spend a ton in free agency because they aren't very good. Others think they can get the missing link. Often times it isn't the big time free agents that make the difference.

I hate inactivity and I do think this team could be a few pieces away from making a real run, but panicking before the actual start of free agency and criticizing every move they make or don't make gets tiresome.

The Eagles had a very active FA when they won the superbowl.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Been a horrible off season so far and I dont see it getting any better, and I dont see this team getting any better either.

We are not better but the egirls, browns are for sure and I would say the cheese heads have helped there D because they seen a problem, us still crickets.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It’s clear that the cap space is not going to be used except for a few dollars on JAGS. Can’t get too excited over the draft with no first rounder and picking in the bottom of each round. Garrett is still in place and they hired a first time 30 year old OC. Witten is back so that’s good. Cleveland and the NYJ are clearly looking to become relevant again. In Dallas 10-6 is perfect. No need to improve.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/will-this-be-the-most-boring-offseason-ever.428040/

DezNuts

Reaction score
It's like fans get mad we draft well and have to sign our own and we don't blow our load in free agency on average players like we used to. The Cowboys were never going to be involved in the first wave of free agency so if you're upset about it that's really on you. Not saying they don't find some reasonable deals and might even spend big still on ET, but for the most part free agency is average players cashing in on huge deals, no need to get worked up about our team staying quiet at the very start.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Travis Frederick returns.
Jason Witten returns.
until it doesn't happen...gotta believe they sign DLaw.
Sean Lee returns on restructured deal.
Earl Thomas still available.
Id say its a helluva intriguing start.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Going to blow this guy up. Who is panicking? My thread said it was early. It is idiots like you that ruin this forum. Don’t like the thread move on. What is tiresome is a know it all that can’t read for content.
I don't know about any of you but I am not having any of the "pissed in" Wheaties that Whyjerry ate. :)

Whyjerry

Reaction score
holy crap, just bc we didnt add any high cost FA's before the FA signing period has opened, this offseason is a drag? This fanbase is absurd sometimes

Does your nose bleed in the ivory tower?

lukin2006

Reaction score
It's better that we suffer through a horrendous season in 2019, so we can get rid of these coaches...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Defensive tackle, strong safety, we're not that far away.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yes let's hope we suck so we can get rid of coaches. Did you really say that

That's exactly what I said. Are you happy with mediocrity? Are you happy making the playoffs, win a home game and get totally embarrassed a week later? Are you happy going to the divisional round at home losing? In the last 4-5 years, how many teams with a bye have lost...I'd be fine with 0-16 if it meant the Jones were embarrassed into running this team like a team. What does it take for some to realize this team is a joke. They are going to hand a low character guy, without an NFL arm, no pocket awareness, no vision 28 million to be the face of the franchise? Then you got Dlaw and him pouting over his lack of long term contract...go get your shoulder fixed and we'll talk, they can trade him as far I'm concerned...he'll just be another overpaid low-performance player, what team doesn't look for a safety when you have Heath on your team...guaranteed if RM and JG said we need a big bodied DT and a better safety...the Jones go and get it.