It’s fascinating how hard the Eagles try and hide Hurts’ deficiencies

TWOK11

Reaction score
Now don’t get me wrong they are pretty good at it thus far, but the amount of smoke and mirrors and lengths they go to to avoid putting him in anything remotely resembling an obvious drop back passing situation is crazy. Even Baltimore didn’t do it to this degree with Lamar in his first full year.

He had 34 drop backs tonight and only on NINE did he not have a designed RPO, roll out or a single read quick hitter. On two of those he was sacked and on three more he scrambled. He threw the ball FOUR TIMES on traditional drop backs and had two completions.

I’ve never seen anything like it. It looks like a college offense. This is not sustainable.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It’s not sustainable, but if it works, it works?

it’s like using duck tape and zip ties to hold up a broken car bumper. Is it sustainable? No. But if it gets you where you need to go without falling apart, who cares?

If this offense continues on, it will win a (unfortunate) championship. That’s all it takes. How many more games? 10? Not including playoffs. They can sustain this for that amount of time. Heck, the Rams made it to the SuperBowl with McVay reading defenses for Goff every game.

Aven8

Reaction score
Now don’t get me wrong they are pretty good at it thus far, but the amount of smoke and mirrors and lengths they go to to avoid putting him in anything remotely resembling an obvious drop back passing situation is crazy. Even Baltimore didn’t do it to this degree with Lamar in his first full year.

He had 34 drop backs tonight and only on NINE did he not have a designed RPO, roll out or a single read quick hitter. On two of those he was sacked and on three more he scrambled. He threw the ball FOUR TIMES on traditional drop backs and had two completions.

I’ve never seen anything like it. It looks like a college offense. This is not sustainable.

It’s like the wildcat. Someone will tune in soon enough

Creeper

Reaction score
But Hurts did not throw 3 interceptions otherwise he does what Rush does. He manages the offense which excels at running the football and short passes. If Hurts is forced to throw the football downfield the Eagles lose. The same it true of Rush. If he can mix passes and runs he is fine. If he is forced to throw the football he will eventually do something bad.

TWOK11

Reaction score
It should be easy to stop if its a college offense

They still have NFL caliber athletes running it, with a great OL and skill position talent. So it’s going to have some success. But it won’t win in the playoffs.

Philadelphia has a better offensive roster than either KC or Buffalo. If Philadelphia had a top 5 QB it would be curtains in the NFC.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

He’s the only QB this year to throw for 2 TDs against us and put up a QBR above 60. I see a lot of the same fan reaction towards him like I did towards Eli Manning. If dude is winning, that’s all that matters.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
He doesn’t turn the ball over and drives the bus…. why couldn’t our “ elite “ defense stop this so called college offense. I swear we are looking for all
silver lining in a loss….we have to make changes going into Detroit.

buddahjoe445

Reaction score

thats what good coaches do. Iggles were well prepared. Fat Mike.....not so much.

TWOK11

Reaction score
It’s not sustainable, but if it works, it works?

it’s like using duck tape and zip ties to hold up a broken car bumper. Is it sustainable? No. But if it gets you where you need to go without falling apart, who cares?

If this offense continues on, it will win a (unfortunate) championship. That’s all it takes. How many more games? 10? Not including playoffs. They can sustain this for that amount of time. Heck, the Rams made it to the SuperBowl with McVay reading defenses for Goff every game.

It’s not sustainable because in the playoffs they will run into teams with defenses capable of containing it and offenses of our scoring them when contained.

With good QB play we win and probably by a couple scores tonight. And we aren’t the best offense or defense they will play in the NFC.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Hurts didn't have a big game today, but managed the game well and took what was given to him on a short field. I'm not sold on him, but he's overall played much better this season than I thought.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I don't think he even attempted a pass longer than 10 yard tonight. I posted the stat that points out he is just a dink and dunk QB who's stat looks better due to his receivers getting YAC.

Donovan McNabb used to frustrate the hell out of me because he was a dink and dunk guy until TO came on board. It won a lot of games though.

TWOK11

Reaction score
He doesn’t turn the ball over and drives the bus…. why couldn’t our “ elite “ defense stop this so called college offense. I swear we are looking for all
silver lining in a loss….we have to make changes going into Detroit.

But he doesn’t turn the ball over when they let him out of his box. It’s why they almost never put him in obvious passing situations.

pansophy

Reaction score

And yet it does seem sustainable. The thing that has killed that for other teams is that their QB takes too many hits, but that doesn't seem to be the case for Hurts. Definitely made Parsons look like a JAG out there on a island by himself against two guys.

pansophy

Reaction score
He’s the only QB this year to throw for 2 TDs against us and put up a QBR above 60. I see a lot of the same fan reaction towards him like I did towards Eli Manning. If dude is winning, that’s all that matters.
Manning was great with a clean pocket and terrible with any pressure on him at all. If we got a pass rush we won and if we didn't we'd lose by at least 7. It was as simple as that.