1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

It’s Just Preseason but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Captain43Crash, Aug 10, 2018 at 1:08 AM.

1. Captain43Crash

Captain43Crash Well-Known Member

1,310 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    I know it’s just preseason, but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories of games we should have won, but gave away at the end. Also, I can’t help it, but Garrett is so annoying. After White goes to the sideline after completing a short dump of pass to the RB who makes a nice move to get the first down, Garrett gives White a shove in the chest like he just got the game ending 1st down. Shortly after the shove, we fail to get a 1st down and SF gets the ball and slices through our( 3rd-4th string) D like butter. Garrett celebrating like the game is over is just annoying and typical Garrett. Belicheat never celebrates until his team wins the Super Bowl, let alone in a preseason game. Regarding the game: Run D has potential, but not impressed with our pass rush or our Corners, other than Byron Jones. Chido seems over hyped. Lewis and Brown both struggled. Jaylon looked quick. In general, receivers looked pretty good. Our rookie G has potential, though he did get beat bad on the early sack. Dak will top 5 QB if the O line holds up and the passing scheme is less predictable this year.

2. Jstopper

Jstopper Well-Known Member

3,175 Messages
    4,510 Likes Received
    Dude shut up. We literally lead the entire game until the janitors and school bus drivers came in the 4th qtr.

3. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

4,896 Messages
    6,159 Likes Received
    I have a bad feeling we’re going to be stuck with Garrett through another contract extension

408Cowboy and Keithfansince5 like this.
  4. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

666 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    Lol. I knew this was coming.

5. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

24,632 Messages
    32,683 Likes Received
    The loss is meaningless. Has no bearing really on much.

But the way the loss happened was eerily similar to regular season games where teams move the ball easily against us right before the end of the first half and end of games.

Tonight was no different. Gave up an 85 yard TD drive right before the end of the first half and then a 77 yard TD drive to lose the game.

6. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

4,871 Messages
    5,809 Likes Received
    We continually lose in the SAME fashion in regular season like when we were up by over 20 against Detroit, 2 times in the playoffs against Aaron Rodgers. There are more examples to name.
    We really need to go get Earl Thomas and get some winners in here who don't feel losing is acceptable. There WILL come important games when we are up by a score and having someone like Earl back there will be the difference between the 'same ol Dallas meltdown story' and between the defense actually getting a stop and closing out the game.

The refs also need to be investigated for incompetence if not flat out cheating by letting San Fran keep a free time out, which DID have a huge affect on this game. I don't care if this is preseason. That level of incompetence amongst highly paid professionals is unacceptable, and yes, we will see the refs negatively affecting us in regular season or the playoffs.

7. Captain43Crash

1,310 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    I said it was preseason. I’ve seen so many ridiculous losses by Garrett this just brought back bad memories. Also, preseason or not, “you play to win the game”. Looked to me, like Garrett was playing, as usual, not to lose.

8. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat Zone Supporter

4,410 Messages
    6,886 Likes Received
  9. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

14,350 Messages
    8,224 Likes Received
    Man you are brutal. Lol

Cebrin, Ranching, Buzzbait and 2 others like this.
  10. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

14,350 Messages
    8,224 Likes Received
    You know it. Lol. Get ready for it. It's coming.

11. Captain43Crash

1,310 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    You are right the game was meaningless, but those of us who have seen all of Garrett’s games have seen this before. Also, I guarantee you the players wanted to win that game. I was watching a telecast from the Bay Area. The Forty Whiner players were going crazy after their late TD.

408Cowboy likes this.
  12. Haimerej

666 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    Garrett needs to stop gameplanning to score less points. It's just not a winning strategy.

13. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

2,236 Messages
    2,739 Likes Received
    You're right. Garrett's gameplan if playing hard but not hurting the other team's feelings by scoring more points than them has really run it's course. The rest of the league has caught on to what Garrett is doing.

14. Haimerej

666 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    I blame millennials.

15. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

2,236 Messages
    2,739 Likes Received
    Lol, me too.

16. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

13,593 Messages
    24,438 Likes Received
    Glad I went to bed early. lol

Hadenough, Ranching, Trouty and 10 others like this.
  17. AtlCPA

AtlCPA Active Member

146 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

18. Toomany10pins

Toomany10pins Active Member

236 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Wins and losses in preseason are meaningless.

The best team in football on paper (the Rams) got blown out tonight, it means absolutely nothing.

Your team lost tonight, means absolutely nothing.

My team (Seattle) lost tonight, means absolutely nothing.

My team went 4-0 last year in the preseason, and missed the playoffs.

I’m more concerned with how did your #1 offense do against the opponents #1 D, and your #1 D do against their #1 Offense.

How did your impact depth play, did you avoid injuries??

How did your draft picks look. How did players coming off injury last year look.

There are no Lombardi trophies handed out for the preseason champion.

19. Captain43Crash

1,310 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    You disagree with someone and act like a Preschool child on your computer. You respond by saying, “shut up, dude” How do you think that sounds to mature adults. You don’t debate in person much do you?

20. AtlCPA

AtlCPA Active Member

146 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Going 4-0 in the preseason didn’t do the Browns much good either.