It’s Just Preseason but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Wins and losses in preseason are meaningless.

The best team in football on paper (the Rams) got blown out tonight, it means absolutely nothing.

Your team lost tonight, means absolutely nothing.

My team (Seattle) lost tonight, means absolutely nothing.

My team went 4-0 last year in the preseason, and missed the playoffs.

I’m more concerned with how did your #1 offense do against the opponents #1 D, and your #1 D do against their #1 Offense.

How did your impact depth play, did you avoid injuries??

How did your draft picks look. How did players coming off injury last year look.

There are no Lombardi trophies handed out for the preseason champion.
That’s why I started the post I know it’s just preseason. I was making the point as a Dallas fan throughout the Garrett era, I have seen these finishes before. It was earily similar to some of our regular season collapses. It also reminded me who our HC is!!

AtlCPA

Reaction score
That’s why I started the post I know it’s just preseason. I was making the point as a Dallas fan throughout the Garrett era, I have seen these finishes before. It was earily similar to some of our regular season collapses. It also reminded me who our HC is!!
Even fans of opposing team find this argument ridiculous. :lmao:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This game is meaningless. However, I do get what the OP is trying to say. Garrett is known to snatch defeat in the myst of a victory. This game is the epitome of Garrett and his style on playing not to lose.

I wish for just one game that Garrett would run the tables on any team. Who cares if that teams feelings are hurt. By doing so it instills a winning philosophy.

This is why the red headed genius really isn't a genius when it comes to football. He hasn't a clue on how to really get his team up to par on making it to the Superbowl.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Going 4-0 in the preseason didn’t do the Browns much good either.
I agree winning or losing this game means almost nothing. My only point was this 11 point collapse in the last 5 minutes reminded me of many of Garrett’s regular season collapses. Also, the way he celebrated after the first down like we won the game. I have seen that before. The loss means nothing, but it was annoying.

AtlCPA

Reaction score
You laugh, but many millennials have a difficult time with 1 on 1 conversations with real people in person. They can debate on their devices all day, but not so much in person. That’s what happens when your devices control your life.
I have not experienced this problem with millennials.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I agree winning or losing this game means almost nothing. My only point was this 11 point collapse in the last 5 minutes reminded me of many of Garrett’s regular season collapses. Also, the way he celebrated after the first down like we won the game. I have seen that before. The loss means nothing, but it was annoying.
We always have to overcome our coaching. I've already excepted that. Nothing's going to change with Garrett.

AtlCPA

Reaction score
We definitely look at it differently. I found today’s game to be a huge success. Our starting and backup offenses and defenses look very good. I saw some negatives. CB’s Brown and Lewis didn’t look good. LVE doesn’t look like he’s ready to start. The backup on the OL looked horrible. I put very little stock in the play of players who are longshots to make an NFL roster.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's pre-season wins and losses are irrelevant......

Rayman70

Reaction score
preseason means NOTHING. Its merely a tool to get the team chemistry down and to sort out the new blood and to find that hidden gem and maybe add that guy to your roster. Winning is nice but not the goal right now. The goal is to get better and find out what the teams needs are. Calm down folks. We have much to be positive about. Our wr's looked just fine thank you. Just sayin, that's one take away from this game. PLUS...I thought Dak couldn't make the accurate deep throw? hmmmmm? He dropped a dime on Gallup and made a statement early for a td. IT LOOKED EASY. So much for that, eh.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You disagree with someone and act like a Preschool child on your computer. You respond by saying, “shut up, dude” How do you think that sounds to mature adults. You don’t debate in person much do you?

How do you think your whining about preseason sounds to mature adults? You don't think much do you?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I was impressed with how they team looked considering all of the negative buzz throughout training camp. When they hit the field they looked sharp. I thought the WR's did well and the secondary looked good for the most part. Then the no-namers came in and that's that.
Wins and losses mean literally zero in preseason.