It’s Just Preseason but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories

Sydla

Reaction score
You’re unbelievable. You’ll go to any lengths to ***** about the Cowboys. The 1st team was up 14-0. The defense was dominant. THe offense as well. Yet you want to wet your panties over the 4th quarter with 5 mins left and no players playing who will make the team. Like it mattered. Sheez your hate has festered your brain.

It's amazing how you always struggle to not understand some pretty basic points.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Our first and 2nd teamers had a nice first outing. It was fairly dominating up until our scrubs started getting in the game. Dak looked honed in as can be.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Our 1st stringers scored on their starting defense, our starting defense stopped the golden boy Jimmy G. The rest of the game was practice in pads for the wanna bee's.

Creeper

Reaction score
These were the scrubs of the scrubs playing at that point Its kind of meaningless, but I get what you are saying. The Cowboys 2 minute defense has not been very good for a few years. Let's hope the starters do better. I was more concerned that Lewis gave up that long pass earlier in the game. He is a starter, or was last year. He should be better than that this year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
White needs any positive reinforcement Garrett can give him. Don't get that gripe.

If you wanted to gripe about Garrett's in game decision making and pointed out examples then I think you would get a lot better feedback. But you didn't.

My gripe with the coaching is sending a camp kicker/punter to kick a 52 yd fg with an 11 point lead and 8:32 left in the game. Gave them the ball at their own 42 with a short field. I thought that was a change in momentum.

Also trying to run clock on 2nd down they call for a sweep with Trey Williams giving him an opportunity to run out of bounds, which he of course does.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't repeat this, its totally a secret but the most important thing about that game is that we didn't have any major injuries and the two rookies we are hoping will start (Williams and Gallup) looked like they can do it.

Please don't tell anyone.

Secret's safe with me!
;)

grasshopper

Reaction score
You disagree with someone and act like a Preschool child on your computer. You respond by saying, “shut up, dude” How do you think that sounds to mature adults. You don’t debate in person much do you?
I agree with what yours saying Cap. We understand preseason does not mean anything, but the Cowboys have suffered way too many losses like that in the past, and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Responses / reactions like his are the reason I rarely post. We are all Cowboy fans here (I hope).

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I agree with what yours saying Cap. We understand preseason does not mean anything, but the Cowboys have suffered way too many losses like that in the past, and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Responses / reactions like his are the reason I rarely post. We are all Cowboy fans here (I hope).
I appreciate your opinion. You would think if you preface your opening statement with, it’s only preseason, most fans would understand, you are making a statement about the game, but you understand it is only preseason game. This team has way better than average talent, with an average to below average HC. I hope his in game management and game plans improve enough this year to give this team a chance to compete seriously for a Superbowl.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I appreciate your opinion. You would think if you preface your opening statement with, it’s only preseason, most fans would understand, you are making a statement about the game, but you understand it is only preseason game. This team has way better than average talent, with an average to below average HC. I hope his in game management and game plans improve enough this year to give this team a chance to compete seriously for a Superbowl.

Agreed, Garrett hasn't improved his game management in 8 years ... it gets to me.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
White needs any positive reinforcement Garrett can give him. Don't get that gripe.

If you wanted to gripe about Garrett's in game decision making and pointed out examples then I think you would get a lot better feedback. But you didn't.

My gripe with the coaching is sending a camp kicker/punter to kick a 52 yd fg with an 11 point lead and 8:32 left in the game. Gave them the ball at their own 42 with a short field. I thought that was a change in momentum.

Also trying to run clock on 2nd down they call for a sweep with Trey Williams giving him an opportunity to run out of bounds, which he of course does.
I noticed Linehan and Garrett had the running back run a wide sweep when they were trying to run the clock out. The RB fell out of bounds. Coaches should have never run that play. Yes, I realize it’s only preseason, but shouldn’t the coaches be working on their in game management. Preseason or not that was a dumb call. Just preseason, but you have a Kicker who struggled last year. Shouldn’t he be the guy taking the 52 yard FG. I beat Belicheat would have challenged his veteran kicker to make that kick. Garrett’s to soft on his kicker. Doesn’t challenge him. In general, the starters and second stringers played well, but the coaching staff made some annoying calls, which yes, helped us lose a meaningless game. It was a meaningless game, but for fans who have seen these coaching mistakes for the last 8 years maybe an Omen for things to come. I hope not, but I do not trust Garrett, at all!! If you ignore your history( see Garrett’s), you are bound to repeat it!!

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Every game, Garrett makes boneheaded decisions, its not about 'if those calls cost us our games or not' , its about WHY DOES GARRETT KEEP MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES FOR 8+ YEARS !?

its insane.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Those janitors and school bus drivers are there the step up if the starters go down. I said in another post, this has been a problem for years.

The 3rd stringers are 9/10 inactive on game day. Even the 2nd stringers played well. Again you guys are reaching

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
The 3rd stringers are 9/10 inactive on game day. Even the 2nd stringers played well. Again you guys are reaching

Ok, lets not worry about if these guys are prepared, some guys gotta ride the bench when the season starts.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok, lets not worry about if these guys are prepared, some guys gotta ride the bench when the season starts.

If you get down to your 3rd string at any position that means something has gone horribly wrong with injures. Not to mention there's no way possible you will be at 3rd string at every position all at once during the season.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
yup...that loss...all it did was cement that this coaching staff stinks....and they are set in their ways. Defense played well early...but when it was crunch time...Marinellie went right back to his patented zone...and let the 49ers walk right over our dead corpse. I'm done w/ this pathetic team. Nothing has changed. All the assistant coaching changes are just window dressing. These are the same *** clowns that they have always been.:rolleyes:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we in 14-0 when the 1's and 2's were out there?

If so, I'll take that and getting out healthy over anything else.
The coaches lost badly in the 4th quarter. I don’t care who was on the field. Stupid and conservative game management cost us that preseason game. Other HC’s, I may give the benefit of doubt too, but not Garrett. I have seen these types of losses to many times before. He never learns from his mistakes. If we loss a couple games this year because of Garrett’s in game mistakes( like we usually do) and miss the playoffs by 1 game, maybe just maybe, fans may say, that meaningless 1st pre season game was an Omen for Garrett’s in game mistakes to come during the regular season!! Of course I don’t want this to happen, but I’ve seen it so many times with Garrett.