It’s Just Preseason but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You’re unbelievable. You’ll go to any lengths to ***** about the Cowboys. The 1st team was up 14-0. The defense was dominant. THe offense as well. Yet you want to wet your panties over the 4th quarter with 5 mins left and no players playing who will make the team. Like it mattered. Sheez your hate has festered your brain.
If it was any other coach losing an 11 point lead with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter of the first preseason game, would be meaningless, but we are talking about Garrett here. Preseason is a chance for HC to demonstrate they can manage a game. With Superior talent in the first 3 quarters he did very good, but in the 4th quarter with similar talent on the field for both teams, his game management was terrible. Preseason or not, Garrett’s in game management was poor in the 4th quarter. This concerns me. I think our players our good enough to win a Super Bowl, but not our HC.

kskboys

Reaction score
If it was any other coach losing an 11 point lead with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter of the first preseason game, would be meaningless, but we are talking about Garrett here. Preseason is a chance for HC to demonstrate they can manage a game. With Superior talent in the first 3 quarters he did very good, but in the 4th quarter with similar talent on the field for both teams, his game management was terrible. Preseason or not, Garrett’s in game management was poor in the 4th quarter. This concerns me. I think our players our good enough to win a Super Bowl, but not our HC.
Did you seriously not notice the Walmart baggers playing the Burger King fry cooks in the 4th?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So you’re saying even though is is just preseason, Garrett is in post season form already? :muttley:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I was surprised by intensity both teams played with, a better game than I thought it would be and starters played
for both teams.
I liked that SF was going for 2 alot, unless you need a kicker to try out, go for 2 every time.
Dallas never went for 2 at all.
The sf qb that drove for the td at end looked good, better than the guy above him.

ESisback

Reaction score
I know it’s just preseason, but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories of games we should have won, but gave away at the end. Also, I can’t help it, but Garrett is so annoying. After White goes to the sideline after completing a short dump of pass to the RB who makes a nice move to get the first down, Garrett gives White a shove in the chest like he just got the game ending 1st down. Shortly after the shove, we fail to get a 1st down and SF gets the ball and slices through our( 3rd-4th string) D like butter. Garrett celebrating like the game is over is just annoying and typical Garrett. Belicheat never celebrates until his team wins the Super Bowl, let alone in a preseason game. Regarding the game: Run D has potential, but not impressed with our pass rush or our Corners, other than Byron Jones. Chido seems over hyped. Lewis and Brown both struggled. Jaylon looked quick. In general, receivers looked pretty good. Our rookie G has potential, though he did get beat bad on the early sack. Dak will top 5 QB if the O line holds up and the passing scheme is less predictable this year.

I’m generally upbeat and optimistic, but you make some viable points that trouble me, specically the “oh no, not again” softness we seem to have closing out games. Too many times, it seems like we have a team beat, and they always seem to make this great comeback.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You really have no idea what you are talking about. Nothing you said is true. It’s just more of the constant hate you spew here every day. Look at your posts. All you do is ***** about whatever the Cowboy subject is. Hate hate hate.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SFs third teamers, practice squad players and future cuts were better than ours in that game. We appeared better when both sides played 1st and 2nd teamers.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m generally upbeat and optimistic, but you make some viable points that trouble me, specically the “oh no, not again” softness we seem to have closing out games. Too many times, it seems like we have a team beat, and they always seem to make this great comeback.
Did you watch the first half when our D dominated with the 1st and 2nd team? Obviously not.

ESisback

Reaction score
Did you watch the first half when our D dominated with the 1st and 2nd team? Obviously not.

I’m optimistic about our team. We have more talent and depth than we’ve had in years. I’m simply acknowledging that NOTHING is guaranteed. I’m also not 100% sure about Garrett. I’m just of the opinion (based on eyes and ears and memory, not carefully researched factual statistics—apologies) that we “let opponents off the mat” at a higher than normal rate. Only so much of that is coincidence.

TWOK11

Reaction score

This is nonsensical as coaches inherently manage preseason games differently.

Let me guess: You actually believe if we had gotten into FG range on our last second drive we would have tried a FG to send a preseason game to OT?

LOL

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
It's preseason. Just seeing what you have for a team in a "real game" feel. No sense in worrying about the final score

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

NFL coaches aren't going to manage the closing minutes of a preseason game like a game that counts. That's true regardless of how you feel about it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m optimistic about our team. We have more talent and depth than we’ve had in years. I’m simply acknowledging that NOTHING is guaranteed. I’m also not 100% sure about Garrett. I’m just of the opinion (based on eyes and ears and memory, not carefully researched factual statistics—apologies) that we “let opponents off the mat” at a higher than normal rate. Only so much of that is coincidence.
I think it’s just perception from some that has become reality in their eyes. It could be just that the defense has not been very good. They really started coming on last half of the year and were playing pretty good by years end. Now based on 1 PRESEASON game you and a few others are saying Marinelli sucks because he lost playing 4th stringers in preseason with no game plan, no scheming. A preseason game where no one, except CZ, cares about winning or losing but only in evaluating PLAYERS.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it’s just preseason, but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories of games we should have won, but gave away at the end. Also, I can’t help it, but Garrett is so annoying. After White goes to the sideline after completing a short dump of pass to the RB who makes a nice move to get the first down, Garrett gives White a shove in the chest like he just got the game ending 1st down. Shortly after the shove, we fail to get a 1st down and SF gets the ball and slices through our( 3rd-4th string) D like butter. Garrett celebrating like the game is over is just annoying and typical Garrett. Belicheat never celebrates until his team wins the Super Bowl, let alone in a preseason game. Regarding the game: Run D has potential, but not impressed with our pass rush or our Corners, other than Byron Jones. Chido seems over hyped. Lewis and Brown both struggled. Jaylon looked quick. In general, receivers looked pretty good. Our rookie G has potential, though he did get beat bad on the early sack. Dak will top 5 QB if the O line holds up and the passing scheme is less predictable this year.
Garrett is our progress stopper!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No,that’s really not what preseason is for. There is no game planning, and many of those 4th quarter players will be lucky to make the practice squad. Like I said before, it just came down to SFs 3rd teamers, practice squad guys, and players who will be cut being better than our 3rd teamers, practice squad guys, and players who will be cut in this game. Dallas appeared to be the better team when the first and second teamers were playing. It’s really just a game simulated scrimmage