News: It’s official. We’re opening against the Giants again

TheHerd

Reaction score
Besides Goodell and Craft are Spa buddies, the teams in NE’s division suck every year.
One thing that makes their schedule even easiet is they almost always play the Dolphins in New England at the end of the year. The is NO WAY a team from South Florida of going to that pit in January and winning. So it's basically a bye game

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
In other news Patriots get a fairly easy schedule even after winning the SB. I guess Goodell and Kraft visit the same spa. :thumbdown:

I do not understand this narrative. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

IF ANYTHING, THE NFL WANTS PARITY, NOT ANOTHER PATRIOTS SUPER BOWL VICTORY.

Nobody likes the Patriots. Nobody wants to see the Patriots win constantly. Everyone is sick of the Patriots.

The thought that the NFL would help New England in any way is such an absurd idea, yet I still see it. Absolutely mind boggling.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Besides Goodell and Craft are Spa buddies, the teams in NE’s division suck every year.

The teams in New England's division today were in New England's division when Roger Goodell was 11 years old. I may be wrong, but I don't think Goodell became commissioner until he was 13-14 years old. It was really just an 8th grade Junior Achievement project that got out of hand. He had to skip gym class to get to NFL meetings. His mom had to drive him there.

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
In other news Patriots get a fairly easy schedule even after winning the SB. I guess Goodell and Kraft visit the same spa. :thumbdown:

Wut? The schedule is pre-determined every single year for every single team. Patriots have nothing to do with it. It's what was agreed upon by everyone. They get 6 freebies every season with their historically bad division. Zero competition. That part of it is easy. But again, nothing to do with the Pats and Goodell.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Not going to be a give me. Let’s see how good our Defense plays against the run after the last game. They have a good RB.

1. No game in the NFL is a gimme, especially a division game.
2. That's all they have is a RB, on offense. Eli is washed up. They just lost their only threat at WR. OL is pretty weak.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems a little odd how often this happens, but it's no skin off my nose. We have to play them twice a year and Week 1 is as good a time as any to start.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No big deal. I kinda like the same opener. Puts some intrigue into the game.
I don't think it will be easy. Last year's end of season game with the Giants was anything but easy despite the press saying so.

Manster68

Reaction score
Wut? The schedule is pre-determined every single year for every single team. Patriots have nothing to do with it. It's what was agreed upon by everyone. They get 6 freebies every season with their historically bad division. Zero competition. That part of it is easy. But again, nothing to do with the Pats and Goodell.
Not to mention the last place team in two other divisions. So they virtually get 9 bye weeks a season. Considering the other teams not playing to last year's standards, they are a cinch for 12 wins and a bye in the playoffs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I get that playing week 1 against the Giants is a little played out.

But I honestly don’t really care. By the time week 1 comes around I could care less who the cowboys are playing. I just want to watch them play.

Opening Sunday in the NFL is my third favorite day of the year behind Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
At least we're not playing them in December in NJ. I'd like to play them away for the 1st game and get it over with. It seems the NFL schedules us away from AT&T so we'll have to play outdoor winter games ..... no favors.

NYG have a pretty easy schedule.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Should be a good test for the D don't you think? Barkley and all and remember how we got gashed our last game in 2018. Think the D will remember that?!!

I don’t think so. Eli is another year older and he just can’t get the ball downfield anymore. They lost their best wide receiver. Barkley is an all or nothing running back who is just as likely to hand you 2nd and 12 as he is 2nd and 3, and that offense can’t dig itself out of 2nd and long.

I believe that the Giants will be in the running for the worst team in the NFL this season.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
So far the confirmed games are:
1.NYG@Dal
3. Mia@Dal
4. Dal@NO (SNF)
5. GB@Dal
6. Dal@NYJ
9. Dal@NYG (MNF)
12. Dal@NE
14. Dal@Chi(TNF)
17. Wash@Dal

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I don’t think so. Eli is another year older and he just can’t get the ball downfield anymore. They lost their best wide receiver. Barkley is an all or nothing running back who is just as likely to hand you 2nd and 12 as he is 2nd and 3, and that offense can’t dig itself out of 2nd and long.

I believe that the Giants will be in the running for the worst team in the NFL this season.

Yep Eli is old and kinda sucks. Barkley is not. He will test our D, no worries about that being an easy game. They always play us tough and Barkley is as good an around back as Zeke. Perhaps not there in the blocking department but that's it. Zeke has seen his share of 0. 1 and 2 yard runs too. It'll be a good test IMO. If the Giants are in the running for worst team, great, we play them twice

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Who cares who we play, it's football. What are guys scared of getting off to a 1-0 start and the team getting over confident or scared of losing to a really bad team. Any given Sunday. If you bet money on the games, that's just dumb.... IMO

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score