It makes sense why Jerry is dead set on keeping Dak now

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Stafford is a middling quarterback with a PFF focus grade of 15 entire spots lower than Dak Prescott as a quarterback. And a laughable passer rating double digits below too.

Considering NFL executives consensually rank Dak as a top 5 quarterback in the league Jerry has probably had several teams inquire about trade talks.:omg:

Jipper

Reaction score
Stafford is a middling quarterback with a PFF focus grade of 15 entire spots lower than Dak Prescott as a quarterback. And a laughable passer rating double digits below too.

Considering NFL executives consensually rank Dak as a top 5 quarterback in the league Jerry has probably had several teams inquire about trade talks.:omg:

I mean if stafford is worth what they got for him then dak is at least worth 3 1st rounders....I would definitely listen at that amount....but it would mean a risk and at least 1 more down year next year while trying to rebuild

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I mean if stafford is worth what they got for him then dak is at least worth 3 1st rounders....I would definitely listen at that amount....but it would mean a risk and at least 1 more down year next year while trying to rebuild

Keep in mind that the Rams will be picking at the bottom of the draft. Those two 1s aren’t as valuable as they sound unless packaged to move up or if a team already has a qb.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

When has Detroit ever built a good team around a QB? There's a reason Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson retired early, in case you are wondering. Its not that Stafford is that bad of a QB, its just the franchise he played for is the absolute worst at team building, and they've been that way my entire life.

Personally, I think Stafford might actually do ok in LA. I won't go out on a limb and predict a championship, but they might have a better chance than Dallas. Most franchises want to actually win while we all know where Jerry stands.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Rams will be picking at the bottom of the draft. Those two 1s aren’t as valuable as they sound unless packaged to move up or if a team already has a qb.

I agree which is why I said I would listen....3 firsts for any player you at least listen to

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
When has Detroit ever built a good team around a QB? There's a reason Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson retired early, in case you are wondering. Its not that Stafford is that bad of a QB, its just the franchise he played for is the absolute worst at team building, and they've been that way my entire life.
Stafford had megatron for a few years and only threw for 30 touchdowns once:facepalm:

I guarantee Dak will have a much better season in 21 than Stafford will regardless of teams.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
JJ will sign Dak this week and make a big “splash” announcement to steal the Super Bowl limelight. Not going to “Gorico Quadruple Platinum Gurantee “ it or anything... but, I would not be surprised at all if it happens lol

basel90

Reaction score

Dak had a much much superior supporting cast . Detroit overall was atrocious , yet stafford soldiered through . His arm and accuracy are elite .

DFWJC

Reaction score

The latest NFL executives rankings had Dak in the 9-14 range.....uh, thats not top 5

Last edited:

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
:clap:
Dak had a much much superior supporting cast . Detroit overall was atrocious , yet stafford soldiered through . His arm and accuracy are elite .
Soldiered through a losing record?:laugh:

Dak had a broken foot Dez and still got him 8 touchdowns. give him megatron for just his rookie years Dak craps on Stafford.:laugh:

Stafford is the worst quarterback in the NFC West.

russel and Kyler are head and shoulders better. Rams are dumb they’ll win nothing with a average qb. Guess Watson’s price tag was to high

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have to win atleast 1SB or this is a bust. Goff took them to one, might have gone further this year if he didn't hurt his hand/thump whatever it was.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I must have missed the ranking of Prescott in the top 5 by a consensus of NFL execs. I must have missed anyone, not a part of CZ, ranking him in the top 5.

Personally, I would take Stafford over Prescott all day long and I think the large majority of those NFL execs would also.

It is laughable to compare a QB with barely any weapons on the CLE of the NFC with what Prescott has had on his offense. Except when he didn't have Cooper and had a WR corps equal to DET's, how'd he do then? Stafford has never had the OL, RB or WR corps that Prescott has had. But he does now so we shall see if this pays off for McVay.

That's what this is all about, the payoff on McVay. He's had one of the best D's in the league and nothing to show for it yet. The window is open and just flew wide open, he has to deliver now. The Rams don't care about mortgaging the future, the future is now for the GM and HC.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score

Qcard

Reaction score
So why does he keep kicking the contract can down the road while price for QBs ascends into rarified air?
Because Jerry and Stephen want to keep the Lion share of the New Broadcasting rights revenue sharing $$$$ checks.

it’s all about 2022