It makes sense why Jerry is dead set on keeping Dak now

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
JJ will sign Dak this week and make a big “splash” announcement to steal the Super Bowl limelight. Not going to “Gorico Quadruple Platinum Gurantee “ it or anything... but, I would not be surprised at all if it happens lol
Havent seen that platinum guarantee for a while now, I think it actually worked maybe once

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I must have missed the ranking of Prescott in the top 5 by a consensus of NFL execs. I must have missed anyone, not a part of CZ, ranking him in the top 5.

Personally, I would take Stafford over Prescott all day long and I think the large majority of those NFL execs would also.

It is laughable to compare a QB with barely any weapons on the CLE of the NFC with what Prescott has had on his offense. Except when he didn't have Cooper and had a WR corps equal to DET's, how'd he do then? Stafford has never had the OL, RB or WR corps that Prescott has had. But he does now so we shall see if this pays off for McVay.

That's what this is all about, the payoff on McVay. He's had one of the best D's in the league and nothing to show for it yet. The window is open and just flew wide open, he has to deliver now. The Rams don't care about mortgaging the future, the future is now for the GM and HC.
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-prescott-crack-top-five-to-begin-season/amp/

it’s a common consensus from ESPN, CBS, etc

NFL executives think Dak is one of the 5 best quarterbacks in the league. only Mahomes and Watson rank above him in most lists.

If he played this year when he was on pace for 50+ Overall touchdowns and 6,500+ yards it would probably be higher

kevm3

Reaction score
Dak had a much much superior supporting cast . Detroit overall was atrocious , yet stafford soldiered through . His arm and accuracy are elite .

Why didn't Andy Dalton tear it up with this much superior supporting cast?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have to win atleast 1SB or this is a bust. Goff took them to one, might have gone further this year if he didn't hurt his hand/thump whatever it was.
Yep, this is a SB or bust move and I like it. I like it when a team puts it all out there.

I didn't mind the Eagles Dream Team experiment and the Brady move TB took paid off for them so far, once it smoothed out.

History shows the GM of the Vikings to be a fool and he lost his job over the Walker trade with DAL but what if that had worked? This trade can't even be evaluated yet.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not true.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...ys-dak-prescott-espn-2020-player-ranking/amp/

He was ranked the #4 Quarterback going into 2020 by NFL executives and his peers

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-prescott-crack-top-five-to-begin-season/amp/
Thats a small group of ESPN writers, not 32 NFL execx.

there have been two polls with a karge sample size of GMs and Execs.
1) about a dozen of the league GMs/Coaches did a poll that had him 9th
2) a poll of 32 of 32 GMs/Excec had him 14th

that first poll was so bizaare that one NFL “executive” had Mahomes 4th and Wilson 9th.
You need a large sample to-weed out idiots like that

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
:laugh:
Thats a small group of ESPN writers, not 32 NFL execx.

there have been two polls with a karge sample size of GMs and Execs.
1) about half the league GMs/Execs did a poll that had him 9th
2) a poll of 32 of 32 GMs/Excec had him 14th
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/pla...10-quarterback-heading-into-2020-season-wentz

He’s never ranked below top 10 in a poll by ALL executives.

They actually think he’s actually worth more than 40 million.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...cott-plus-why-the-deal-really-fell-apart/amp/

mardwin

Reaction score
Stafford is a middling quarterback with a PFF focus grade of 15 entire spots lower than Dak Prescott as a quarterback. And a laughable passer rating double digits below too.

Considering NFL executives consensually rank Dak as a top 5 quarterback in the league Jerry has probably had several teams inquire about trade talks.:omg:

Dak is no where near a top 5 QB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

it’s a common consensus from ESPN, CBS, etc

NFL executives think Dak is one of the 5 best quarterbacks in the league. only Mahomes and Watson rank above him in most lists.

If he played this year when he was on pace for 50+ Overall touchdowns and 6,500+ yards it would probably be higher
Again, I must have missed where this is from a survey of the NFL execs, it looks more like this writer's, who I never heard of, opinion.

Funny about that pace. That's based on 4 games to start a season when no teams had a real off season and you cannot take the first 4 games of any season and make a conclusion about them. Teams that were 4-0, how many ended up 16-0?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I must have missed the ranking of Prescott in the top 5 by a consensus of NFL execs. I must have missed anyone, not a part of CZ, ranking him in the top 5.

Personally, I would take Stafford over Prescott all day long and I think the large majority of those NFL execs would also.

It is laughable to compare a QB with barely any weapons on the CLE of the NFC with what Prescott has had on his offense. Except when he didn't have Cooper and had a WR corps equal to DET's, how'd he do then? Stafford has never had the OL, RB or WR corps that Prescott has had. But he does now so we shall see if this pays off for McVay.

That's what this is all about, the payoff on McVay. He's had one of the best D's in the league and nothing to show for it yet. The window is open and just flew wide open, he has to deliver now. The Rams don't care about mortgaging the future, the future is now for the GM and HC.

Here's Lions starting rosters when Stafford was 24.......tell me what you think

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/2012_roster.htm

12+88=7

Reaction score

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
*sighs* another Dak thread. Hehe, I certainly hope that Jerry wants to keep Dak, but he needs to act on that sooner than later, or let him go. I don't know what else to say. The debate is already getting a bit old, and it's been raging on for quite a while. It's just...well....

*sits at a piano and starts playing*

Posters have run out of ideas for fresh new threads,
So Cowboyszone did the only thing it knows
Can we afford Dak Prescott
Is Dak staying with the Cowboys
Is Dak the worst QB is what they're craving
(I know that's a thread worth saving *rolls eyes*)
I vote for Dak's a great QB for the next thread

*puts on a Dak jersey and tosses a football*

Reboot them, renew them
Reshoot them, redo them
And reuse them, retool them
Abuse them, just do them
If you wanna make some easy likes, just recycle and rehash the Dak posts

Repeat them, rеinstate them
Reheat the posts, rеcreate the old ideas
There's no need to feel frustrated with new threads
Simply just regurgitate them

For a guaranteed likes smash
Dig up the Dak threads out of the trash
Come on
Just reboot them

Dak should stay, and Dak should go
Is Jerry set on keeping Dak?
Dak's ankle, Twin Dak threads and trade Dak
Go catch Dak in San Diego

Just relax and take the flak
If people want them, bring them back
Dak needs to stay, Dak needs to go, and you don't know football if you think otherwise
Just reboot it, 'cause it sells

Take something debatable, then drag it on for days
Shamelessly make it aggressive
Even if the old fans hate it

Get the Dak threads cleared

You've done sequels, tried for prequels of debates
Think of all the threads that equals
Utilizing these techniques will make your threads revered
Threads revered

Reboot them, renew them
Reshoot them, redo them
And reuse them, retool them
Abuse them, just do them
If you wanna make some easy likes, just recycle and rehash the Dak posts

(For those that don't know, this is a parody of a song from the new Animaniacs reboot)

Flamma

Reaction score
I mean if stafford is worth what they got for him then dak is at least worth 3 1st rounders....I would definitely listen at that amount....but it would mean a risk and at least 1 more down year next year while trying to rebuild

Stafford is better than Goff and Goff played in a super bowl. He was on a rookie deal and they were able to surround him with very good players. They're trying to repeat that with Stafford since he's only a 16 million dollar cap hit in 2021.

Next year isn't a risk. Dallas is not going anywhere next year regardless of who is at QB. Way too many holes to fill to turn it around in one year. Probably around .500 at best. But hey, that's the Cowboys way. And they pay handsomely for it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another Dak is great thread......

source.gif

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Another Dak is great thread......

source.gif

These constant Dak threads on both sides of the debate are a symptom of a lack of originality brought on by the off-season and lack of much else in the way of material. These threads on both sides are a guaranteed likes smash, and just have to be rehashed. No need to be frustrated and think of other material.

tenor.gif