News: It turns out Peyton Manning DID use HGH

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Duh......look at the size of that forehead!

I don't care if you use IMO however. PED's or HGH don't make someone swing a bat, or throw a better spiral, or make them a better decision maker. That's already with you or it isn't. But it does get you through the rigors of a long season and career.

Unless your Barry Bonds,Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa then it turned you into a beast. Don't get me wrong but when your hitting a baseball with above average power anyway. Then add 20-30 feet to the ones you didn't get on the sweet spot it makes a difference. Barry Bonds should have never hit 73 home runs at 37 years old.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
he is not the only nfl player that was taking stuff to keep playing after the age of 39 or so when a player keeps palying at a high level when pretty much every one else had to quit he is on the juice

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Duh......look at the size of that forehead!

I don't care if you use IMO however. PED's or HGH don't make someone swing a bat, or throw a better spiral, or make them a better decision maker. That's already with you or it isn't. But it does get you through the rigors of a long season and career.

When those reports came out Manning all of a sudden couldn’t throw anything down field.

We didn’t see Manning slowly lose his physical ability.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet Goodell knew, but did nothing, similar to his claim he didn't see the Ray Rice video prior to handing him two games to an act that is never pretty, video or not.

I Think more like Bud Selig and the numbers baseball put up during the steroid era. Manning and Brady was just as big as Mac and Sosa and a longer time period.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Unless your Barry Bonds,Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa then it turned you into a beast. Don't get me wrong but when your hitting a baseball with above average power anyway. Then add 20-30 feet to the ones you didn't get on the sweet spot it makes a difference. Barry Bonds should have never hit 73 home runs at 37 years old.
Considering when he came into the majors he was not considered a power hitter. Mark hit 50 his rookie year long before he juiced, juicing may have prolonged his career but also could have shortened it due to all the time missed due to soft tissue injuries.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

giphy.gif

jay94

Reaction score
Meh, even if he did his career was in jeopardy, for something I loved if it meant I could be the best and at the highest level I would do it. Although most people on here will have their hypocritical views come across and be all high and mighty, /eye roll. If Dez could get faster using it he should use it. It is so easy to judge when your not in the person's shoes, get off the high horses ffs.

csirl

Reaction score
There's a reason the NFLPA wont agree to HGH testing.

I dont think its confined to older athletes - it's systemic in many NCAA programs.

Xelda

Reaction score
Meh, even if he did his career was in jeopardy, for something I loved if it meant I could be the best and at the highest level I would do it. Although most people on here will have their hypocritical views come across and be all high and mighty, /eye roll. If Dez could get faster using it he should use it. It is so easy to judge when your not in the person's shoes, get off the high horses ffs.
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but what are the ultimate repercussions for taking the drugs? Is the long term damage worth the short term results?

csirl

Reaction score
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but what are the ultimate repercussions for taking the drugs? Is the long term damage worth the short term results?

The problem is nobody knows. HGH permanently changes your body, so will have lifelong effects.

John813

Reaction score

I care cause it is banned by the NFL and players that do take it get an unfair advantage.
If the NFL wants to allow steroids and HGH I couldn't care less if everyone took them. However, as it stands now, both are not allowed by the NFL and they "randomly" test players throughout the season

I completely understand a player wanting to use them to continue playing, but rules are set.
Manning wasn't taking HGH for a chronic kidney disease or some rare syndrome but to gain an advantage on healing time.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I have hit 560 foot plus home runs at age 16 no hgh involved quit baseball should not have became a boxer kinda liked it

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I have hit 560 foot plus home runs at age 16 no hgh involved quit baseball should not have became a boxer kinda liked it

Ok, now do that 73 times in 162 games but wait till your 37 to do it. You actually make my point though because you obviously got the sweet spot and with a metal bat I would guess.
I was/am a huge Bonds fan. I once watched him hit the highest foul ball I've ever seen. It must have been 500ft+ straight up. Barry was legit the best player in baseball for many years. But the hgh/steroid years he was something completely different. He was intentionally walked with the bases loaded to get the bat out of his hands. He had the most intentional walks and the most HRs in a season. He elevated from best player of his generation to best player of all time status at 34-35. You can't tell me that stuff doesn't help.

kskboys

Reaction score
Considering when he came into the majors he was not considered a power hitter. Mark hit 50 his rookie year long before he juiced, juicing may have prolonged his career but also could have shortened it due to all the time missed due to soft tissue injuries.
Your info is wrong. McGwire has always been a power hitter, including his minor league career. The roids made him more prolific.