It was fun while it lasted

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
The last two years were exciting seeing Romo come onto the scene and watching the Cowboys make the playoffs and then almost beat Seattle.

Then last year was fun watching the team roll through most of the season and gain homefield advantage.

But another one and done and now this year has proven this team doesn't have what it takes, either on the sidelines or on the field. This team has the talent, especially on offense to beat anyone in the league when they are on their game. But this team has shown to me there is no way they can win 3 or 4 consecutive games in postseason. They are just way too undisciplined, erratic and error-prone to go on that kind of stretch in clutch time. Not to mention the soft defense.

As long as Wade's here, this team in going nowhere. Also, Garrett isn't ready to be HC, heck, he isn't even ready to be an OC. So if we go down that road then good luck, there's no telling how long it'll be before we get to a Super Bowl.

newlander

Reaction score
that's the bad news. The good news is a butt kicking head coach....like Bill Cowher could take this team next year all the way IMO. But would he work for Jerry?:confused:

sacase

Reaction score
I am not down on that team like that. All the problems they have can be fixed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
sacase;2331020 said:

But we have had the same problems for a lonnnnggg time now :bang2:

sk0aL

Reaction score
How many people expected the Giants to win the SB last year?

newlander

Reaction score
but is WAde the coach that can do it? Not looking too good.............

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I'd love Cowher to come here, but don't see him doing so or JJ pursuing him.

As for being down on the team, this is what they are. I'll believe something different when they prove something different.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bach;2330690 said:
The last two years were exciting seeing Romo come onto the scene and watching the Cowboys make the playoffs and then almost beat Seattle.

Then last year was fun watching the team roll through most of the season and gain homefield advantage.

But another one and done and now this year has proven this team doesn't have what it takes, either on the sidelines or on the field. This team has the talent, especially on offense to beat anyone in the league when they are on their game. But this team has shown to me there is no way they can win 3 or 4 consecutive games in postseason. They are just way too undisciplined, erratic and error-prone to go on that kind of stretch in clutch time. Not to mention the soft defense.

As long as Wade's here, this team in going nowhere. Also, Garrett isn't ready to be HC, heck, he isn't even ready to be an OC. So if we go down that road then good luck, there's no telling how long it'll be before we get to a Super Bowl.

I think the problem is Wade, once the season is over and Wade & Co get pink slips, I think a new coach can instill some discipline and accountability again.

As for this year......we are not winning jack and most of yall know it.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
sk0aL;2331036 said:
How many people expected the Giants to win the SB last year?
so after week 9 last season if Wade were coaching the G men do you think they would have been tough enough to fight through....? jus sayin

visionary

Reaction score
Bach;2330690 said:

agree 200%

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Season's not over yet.

Will we win a Super Bowl? Who knows, maybe not.

But San Diego was 3-3 at this point last year and stillmade it to the AFC Championship game with Norv as coach.

Not gonna throw in the towel.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
sacase;2331020 said:

but they wont be until a change is made...

I was a proponent of hiring Wade too, but he has been a huge disappointment...he was hired for basically one reason and one reason alone, to make us a quality defense...and he's failed at that. Our defense sux despite adding more good players this offseason.

He cant motivate the team, he hired an awful special teams coach (and then stuck with him afetr the units were bad last yr)...if Jones wants to salvage the season and at least have a chance to make a run, he needs to fire Wade, Stewart and Read tomorrow. Wont happen I know, but if they stay the season is over.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
The OP is spot on. JG needs to go with Wade, he's not even a good OC.

We're a BELOW .500 team last 11 games

since we were 12-1 (and totally collapsed btw 2nd half of GB 11-1 and of course the 12-1 DET game)...

we closed 1-4 last year

we're 4-2 now

last 11 games under the cupcake 5 wins - 6 losses

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2331214 said:
Coughlin is a better coach than Wade

Coughlin has always been a very good coach. The fact that he had to face alot of explosive personalities in NY *and* WOE over them ultimately has been really no small feat for him.

Wade wouldn't even last 5 minutes with NYG players.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
This team has had the same problems since BP dumb penalties, dumb mistakes after crucial long gaines or TDs, no fire or motivation to try and win all the games in our schedule. This team takes too many plays off and then points the fingers at each other after they give up a play. They do not have what it takes mentally to play this game at a high level for an entire season to win a Super Bowl.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
chinch;2331237 said:
The OP is spot on. JG needs to go with Wade, he's not even a good OC.

We're a BELOW .500 team last 11 games

since we were 12-1 (and totally collapsed btw 2nd half of GB 11-1 and of course the 12-1 DET game)...

we closed 1-4 last year

we're 4-2 now

last 11 games under the cupcake 5 wins - 6 losses
No we're not. Your facts are bass ackwards.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Im mad as hell, but you'll never see me throw in the towel. Not at 4-2 with this talent, but they need to get it in gear.