News: ITS: 3 Tight End Options for the Dallas Cowboys in 2020 Free Agency?

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys need to find Dak's tight end. Most QB's have that security blanket guy they can depend on to help get them out of trouble.

We all know what Witten could do for Romo but older fans should try to remember Aikman's career after Novacek left.

I can't think of a higher priority for Daks growth than a strong TE relationship. The Cowboys should look for someone close to Dak's age or younger. It doesn't have to be a high draft pick or big money veteran FA. They just need to find that guy that can establish a great chemistry with Dak.
Or a quick twitch slot receiver - he needs a guy that can get open quick underneath.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
3 Tight End Options for the Dallas Cowboys in 2020 Free Agency ?

jwilliams_dallas-cowboys_3-tight-ends-the-dallas-cowboys-could-target-in-free-agency.jpg

February 14, 2020 - Only once in the last decade and a half have the Dallas Cowboys had to decide what they were going to do at the tight end position until this offseason.

Read Full Story

This offense needs a pure blocking TE AND a quality TE that can both block and catch. The Pittsburgh TE seems like a great option to me if they dont resign him. A pure blocking TE should be relatively cheap as well. And I would certainly go out and get a blocking FB. If we are serious about running the ball and keeping Zeke, then give him and Pollard everything they need to dominate with run game.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'd try to sign Eric Ebron and Richard Rodgers. Draft a TE on day 3. Add those to Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz and Cole Hikutini and tell them only 3 make the 53. Let the competition begin.

Which taking a Day 3 TE looks more like taking a TE in the draft just for the sake of taking one. That's how we ended up with Dalton Schultz.
We panicked for a TE body because we were caught off guard by Witten's sudden retirement and felt we had to use a middle round pick on Schutlz in the 4th.
all due respect but Schultz has all the looks and signs of a JAG, that will end up a mere journeyman that will be on several other NFL teams once his rookie contract is up here.

as I said prior, the best chances we get a difference making TE will more likely have to be a Day 1 or 2 draft pick. That's where the Witten, Kelce, Ertz, Cook, types tend to end up
coming into the NFL as .. at least 3rd rounders. Once every eclipse you'll see a rare George Little like find, but those are just that ..very rare surprise gems.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Use the draft to best advantage to acquire the players most qualified.

After that, use veteran FA wisely to fortify the other needed positions.