It's 49ers week!

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
It's the last time they ever visit Texas Stadium, and 90% of the games they played about a decade ago were treated as the biggest things in sports.

What are your favorite 49er/Cowboy memories?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
They are not to be taken lightly either..."No Pants" Singletary has them playing well and motivated right now.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Alvin Harper, quick slant for about 70 yards.

Maybe the greatest moment I've ever experienced watching the cowboys. I still get chills when I see the replay.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
1972 - Dallas 30, San Francisco 28

Roger Staubach's first miracle occurred when he came off the bench in relief of Craig Morton and erased a 28-13 deficit to the 49ers. After Staubach hit Billy Parks on a 20-yard touchdown. Mel Renfro then recovered an onside kick, and Staubach drove the team to the San Francisco 10. He hit Ron Sellers with 52 seconds left to give Dallas the win.

The video of this is hilarious. They show the Cowboys sideline after the game-winning TD pass and it was completely nuts. Tom Landry was wearing this fur coat .. he jumps up with his hands together and a player runs by him and spins him around. Larry Cole is seen just rolling around on the ground. Roger runs to the sidelines amidst all the chaos and just drops to one knee and lowers his head.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson Guaranteeing a win in the NFC Championship game.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
My greatest moment WILL BE this next game...because I will be there!

I'm so excited I can't wait...my last hurrah in that stadium, and glad it's agianst the Whiners...so much history.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2426231 said:

Maybe the greatest moment I've ever experienced watching the cowboys. I still get chills when I see the replay.

Now that was a good memory! On to the last Cowboys-Niners game in Texas Stadium. WOW, I want that win so badly.

Now we have 2 people on this team that MUST communicate this to the rest of the team as an important game to win:

(1) The first person is Garrett, who was around in the 90s to know first hand, and have an insider's view, of how important and special this rivalry is.

(2) The second guy is T.O., who is playing against his former team. Not only am I expecting him to have a big game without the dropped passes, I'm hoping he also communicates the importance of the rivalry, as he has an outsider's view of the rivalry -- clearly demonstrated by his celebration on the midfield-STAR.

THREE INCH HEADLINES BABY! :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chief;2426239 said:
1972 - Dallas 30, San Francisco 28

Roger Staubach's first miracle occurred when he came off the bench in relief of Craig Morton and erased a 28-13 deficit to the 49ers. After Staubach hit Billy Parks on a 20-yard touchdown. Mel Renfro then recovered an onside kick, and Staubach drove the team to the San Francisco 10. He hit Ron Sellers with 52 seconds left to give Dallas the win.

The video of this is hilarious. They show the Cowboys sideline after the game-winning TD pass and it was completely nuts. Tom Landry was wearing this fur coat .. he jumps up with his hands together and a player runs by him and spins him around. Larry Cole is seen just rolling around on the ground. Roger runs to the sidelines amidst all the chaos and just drops to one knee and lowers his head.

Good memory I pick that one as well. That game looked like a clear loss then Roger entered the game and brought us back from certain defeat

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2426231 said:

my thoughts exactly

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2426231 said:

Same here...

Pat Summerall: "To Harper... And Harper is off to the races!"

~chills~

:bow:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
My favorite Cowboys/Niners memory is still the 1994 NFC Championship game loss. It's my favorite because it showed the heart, guts, determination, and desire of that football team to be down 21-0 right out of the gates and to continue to fight hard to keep trying to win it.

I was probably never more proud of the Cowboys than I was on that day.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2426264 said:
Same here...

Pat Summerall: "To Harper... And Harper is off to the races!"

~chills~

:bow:

Brad Sham made the better call in that game if you've ever heard his call from the radio broadcast.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
1992 NFC Champ game. 2 powerhouse teams going at it...nothing like it in today's NFL. It was sweet after having to wait 11 years since "the Catch".

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Mine will be this week's game. Only because I will be there in person for the first time.

Oh and that Harper play wasn't bad either.